How long did you wait?

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
DonaldAnderson said:
I feel I waited too long b4 I got on my regimen. I hate to think about it but it was almost 10 months . Thats when I got educated on it.

I wonder how many guys with hairloss actually do something about it. What percentage of balding guys actually get products to treat their hairloss? From a NW2 on.

ohh noo!! *GASP* you waited 10 mos. b4 u started treatments!?!?!?!?!? what were you thinking man!!!?? You have to wait 11 years like me before you can see major regrowth and thickening and new terminals and vellus a whole inch in front of your hairline and also in places where you can't remember having hair before in your life. You should also make sure you have at least 2 small slick spots on the your vertex before you can see vellus coming in. All this on just finasteride, multivitamin, Zinc, and Nizoral. No minoxidil, Revivothis, Spironthat, no Folligen, Dutasteride, no Dr. Lee, none of that.

Ok, I just proved right up above that YOU CAN regain hair that was lost years and years ago IN ADDITION to hairs that have been lost 12+ years ago. In fact, it HAD to have been 12+ years ago, because I DO NOT remember having vellus, teminal hairs in a near straight across hairline pattern in my entire life. I've always had a bit of a V pattern. Now, 5 mos. into my regimen after at least 10 years of slow hairloss and at 30 years old, I have long and thicker vellus coming in more than an inch in front of my hairline in places I havent had hair since I was maybe 16 years old.

IMO, years lost does not matter too much when regrowing hair. Panicking and feeling bad because you waited *GASP* 10 mos. you gotta realize, just sounds very, very silly to me considering disinformation has made you believe that you gotta start treatments that day that you notice a few extra hairs in the sink. Im here to tell you that that theory is BS!!! Its out the window.

In my case, finasteride has been a very, very potent and effective drug for my hair. I also know that these vellus hairs will go terminal because I have already tracked certain early vellus hairs that have, in fact, gone terminal already. DHT is clearly the huge culprit in my hairloss. Some people that dont have any progress with finasteride either have some other underlying cause of baldness or simply miss taking their applications of finasteride. Believe me, it is sooo easy to want t oget lazy with taking finasteride day after day after day, but I have been very strict about it for the 5 months that I have been on it.

Im just here to tell you that the earlier you start and the younger you start, well that theory is just a myth. I have proved that it is just a myth. Starting at 50 or 60 years old may yield less results, but I dont think age is such a huge factor if you're between the 20 - 40 year old range.

socks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I didnt get serious with treatments until about 1.5 year in... I considered that to be pretty early but it seems some of you were ontop of things in the first 2 weeks LoL

SE-freak

Reaction score
socks said:
I didnt get serious with treatments until about 1.5 year in... I considered that to be pretty early but it seems some of you were ontop of things in the first 2 weeks LoL

In the first 2 weeks before hairloss. haha :)