How long did it take for your vellus hairs to go terminal?

Shinyscalp23

Established Member
Reaction score
u know its different for everybody--all i can say is if you look in the mirror everyday and analyze whats goin on--youre not not gonna notice results--because you will forget just how bad you really were when you started out--i dunno about three or 4 terminal hairs to make a cosmetic difference tho--in my opinion 3 or 4 doesnt really do much--but ofcourse i dont know the extent of your loss personally---the only thing i know is that when i look in the mirror i see vellus hairs starting to pigment-slightly--its not wishful thinking tho--i do see them and compared to the regulr minoxidil 5%..im seeing pigmented hairs alot more quickly now with the retin-a formula--ofcourse minoxidil is a very weird drug and everybodys different--the longer you use it tho, the better your results will be--the first time i used minoxidil and had pretty decent results--by far definitely no miracles tho--i didnt notice a difference until the 8th month -i also didnt shed at all--this time with the retin-a stuff--i shed like a mofo and im still shedding--but im seeing results alot more quickly albeit no miracles--and like if i were you id totally disregard the 4 month period they tell you on the box--fat chance anyone is gonna get dense regrowth in 4 months-esp on the regular stuff---moderate regrowth is possible on the stronger stuff in 4 months at the vertex however-now heres the deal tho--all those darkening vellus hairs make a slight cosmetic difference when your hair is dry(at the vertex--thats why i think its hard to tell sometimes if anythigns going on in the back and much easier at the front)--when its wet--it probably still looks bad since theyre still weak and "downy" -at least in my own observation in the back--now if i were you, id go to a dermatologist that precombines minoxidil/retin-a---u dont have to wait for an online order...dr lee really doesnt have a corner on the market---i went to my derm and he suggested it--truthfully it does work a hell of alot faster--but dotn let anyone fool you--minoxidil with or without retin-a is very slow acting--its just that retin-a really does help give the minoxidil a boost--so by month 4 or 5--youll just be beginning to see a slight darkening of vellus hairs--as opposed to having to wait longer with the reg stuff--and for your hairline the minoxidil/retin-a combo really works--when i was on the regular stuff, i noticed tons of vellus hairs from the minoxidil with only the most minimal darkening by month 8 at the hair line--im noticing the same type of darkening now and its only 4 and a half months for me--so a stronger concentration does really help but do keep in mind either way its gonna be slow and patience pays--i dunno if i mentioned this either--but vitamins and supplements that are good for the hair will also probably give those weak vellus hairs a boost into being more pigmented as well--i suggest biotin, zinc, folic acid--the initial pigmentation either way is still very light but good luck with that and just keep puttin the crap on your head---remember minoxidil works for most people, whether its through maintenance or regrowth