How long did it take for your vellus hairs to go terminal?

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hey guy's, i was just wondering how long it took your vellus hairs to become full terminal hairs again and what treatment/combination were you using?

I've been taking finasteride for 1 month now along with other treatments and i have vellus hairs all along my hairline that are slightly lighter brown than my regular hairs, wont grow long, and are not as thick as my regular hair and i was wondering how long it takes for finasteride to transform those little vellus hairs into full terminal hairs again? Thanks!

thin=depressed

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've been on finasteride for a year and its maintained hair count and added vellus but I look just as bald as I did when I started. Good news though, I have had some major changes to my regimen that I'm really confident will not only keep what I've gained but grow them to cosmetic value. This forum has a million mild improvement folks on it but I have yet to see or hear of the level I'm aiming for. If this combo works great I'll def have to sell the mixture myself. Of course through proper channels. finasteride just does not do the job on us quite advanced bald men and someone has to step up to the plate and do away with this social destroying illness.

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ha thin=depressede why in your new regimen do you put finasteride no way.... you said you have been taking it for a year right?? im guessing you were joking but if youre not what have you been using to maintain...

thin=depressed

Experienced Member
Reaction score
fallout boy said:
ha thin=depressede why in your new regimen do you put finasteride no way.... you said you have been taking it for a year right?? im guessing you were joking but if youre not what have you been using to maintain...
I just stopped last week...I was just fine on the stuff untill recently. Lack of morning woody as well as poor libido and a bit of weight gain told me to just stop the sh*t. I believe I lost a little in size down in the private part area (I'm not joking). The benefits just were not worth it. I feel better already. Morning wood is back and I'm thinking clearer now as well as less tired. It could be the hgh as well but I wouldn't think so.

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bump, how long did it take Propecia or anyother treatment to transfer your vellus hairs to full terminal hairs again. I want to know because if Propecia isn't strong enough to do this im going on dutasteride. I also use Xandrox 5, Xandrox 15, Proxiphen, Nizoral 2%, Nano Shampoo, but if i have to add dutasteride to do this cause propecia wont then i'll have to make the switch.

thin=depressed

Experienced Member
Reaction score
stax said:
Bump, how long did it take Propecia or anyother treatment to transfer your vellus hairs to full terminal hairs again. I want to know because if Propecia isn't strong enough to do this im going on dutasteride. I also use Xandrox 5, Xandrox 15, Proxiphen, Nizoral 2%, Nano Shampoo, but if i have to add dutasteride to do this cause propecia wont then i'll have to make the switch.
Well, I can't help ya there because very few of them actually grew to adult hair. I'm practically bald so your case might be easier for finasteride because of the stage of loss your in. Although I'm under the impression that finasteride is great for maintainance but lousy for regrowth. I'm trying a different approach now by attacking hairloss with growth hormones and metabolic stimulation. My scalp feels great since starting regimen and I look forward to seeing these vellus enlarge.

G

stax said:

7 months on finasteride and i have seen my first vellus bastard go terminal - also a couple of black hairs just sprouting on the hairline. My hair was looking like total in the front hairline and right temple only a week ago and now in the last week or so my temple has seen a load of hairs pop out.

It perks you up like f*** I tell thee....

I was starting to get depressed about my hair last week but now it looks better and i feel much happier.

Trent

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ditto. i had new sprouted hairs, like hundreds in the first three months. only a few went terminal the first say, six months. now at 7.5, many more are sprouting and the old ones seem to be going terminal. it DOES take the full year.

thin=depressed

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Trent said:
ditto. i had new sprouted hairs, like hundreds in the first three months. only a few went terminal the first say, six months. now at 7.5, many more are sprouting and the old ones seem to be going terminal. it DOES take the full year.
I been on finasteride for a year and its looking like it won't be giving me any cosmetic improvements so I changed my regimen and my scalp is feeling great. I hope its a sign of rejuvination. I do owe finasteride a little credit for bringing back vellus but I don't think finasteride/min will create combable results. I think my new regimen will.

thin=depressed

Experienced Member
Reaction score
stax said:
You should not put much confidence in finasteride or dutasteride's ability to regrow terminal hairs. recovering vellus is another story.

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Even though finasteride is not a part of my current regimen, I'd say that it took about three months for me to really notice pigmentation with some of my vellus hairs.

jfhawk06

Established Member
Reaction score
thin=depressed, what is the hgh spray you're using? is it safe and where do you get it and where did you hear about it? oh yeah, and is it supposed to work??

Shinyscalp23

Established Member
Reaction score
no offense thin=depressed but if youre almost slick bald no topical or pill will do much for you..youd prolly be better off spending your money on a hair system or surgery that will definitely give you good results and stop you from thinking about your hair or lack thereof..and start making you fell better and happier sooner..i know when i get enough in the bank im gonna say screw all these topicals and maintenance and slight regrowth and go for the good stuff..on another note...if u guys wanna see your vellus hairs turn into terminal quicker--try minoxidil with retin-a it works alot faster than reg minoxidil and maybe some hair vitamins and -supplements like biotin folic adic and so on to speed up the growth process a tad..also keep in mind...that minoxidil is weird--in 4 months some of those vellus hairs you did NOT notice became terminal ones...and some of those vellus hairs youre may just be sprouting...also in my experience ive found that not all vellus hairs grow at the same rate-some become terminal more quickly than the others..which ive noticed around my hair line actually...the vellus ones are becoming more pigmented while others are still barely noticeable....tho it didnt really grow enough yet to make any cosmetic diff--its still good to know the meds working

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
thin=depressed said:
Trent said:
I been on finasteride for a year and its looking like it won't be giving me any cosmetic improvements so I changed my regimen and my scalp is feeling great. I hope its a sign of rejuvination. I do owe finasteride a little credit for bringing back vellus but I don't think finasteride/min will create combable results. I think my new regimen will.

hmm.. I already have VERY noticeable cosmetic results in only 2 and a half months with finasteride (along with other things minus the minoxidil)

hellohello

Established Member
Reaction score
thin=depressed wrote:

I believe I lost a little in size down in the private part area (I'm not joking).

What the f***? Now that's a scary side effect - do u mean your penis became smaller??

Thats the first I've heard of that. Hopefully you had plenty to spare :)

Dinzy

Established Member
Reaction score
Your c*** won't shrink. It is a ridiculoud claim, but he was probably just having weak erections which may make it appear smaller.

I had some sexual sides after 2 weeks and they stopped after another 2 weeks. finasteride is not going to ruin your pecker and if yoiu do get sides they most likely will fade once your body adjusts

mon

Established Member
Reaction score
The thing is it is very difficult to tell when your vellous might go terminal. The hairs seem to remain vellous for ages until almost overnight you realise that you are less receded and the more hairs are filling in from the top.

Shinyscalp23

Established Member
Reaction score
ya..really..u just gotta use the stuff and be patient and persitent but try not to let it bog u down--u know its a funny thing--whenever ive been on minoxidil--ive always initially noticed the results at the hair line-like vellus hairs or vellus ones becoming terminal--i could never really tell in the back..until i noticed it was smaller months later--funny thing how they say it only works on the vertex, eh? and dont worry--ya soem of those vellus hairs are just smaller hairs attacked by dht--but some r from the minoxidil--and as you see them get darker youll know for sure...i recommend minoxidil/retin-a because ive seen alot a velllus at the temples starting to darken and its only month 4---granted its made no cosmetic diff but its still nice to see it do its trick--but for regular minoxidil itll prolly take alot longer--after 8 months on the regular 5% i noticed smaller balding spot but at the hair line everything was still vellus and weak

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
mon said:
The thing is it is very difficult to tell when your vellous might go terminal. The hairs seem to remain vellous for ages until almost overnight you realise that you are less receded and the more hairs are filling in from the top.

I can vouch for that 100%

wangho75

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Shinyscalp23 said:
ya..really..u just gotta use the stuff and be patient and persitent but try not to let it bog u down--u know its a funny thing--whenever ive been on minoxidil--ive always initially noticed the results at the hair line-like vellus hairs or vellus ones becoming terminal--i could never really tell in the back..until i noticed it was smaller months later--funny thing how they say it only works on the vertex, eh? and dont worry--ya soem of those vellus hairs are just smaller hairs attacked by dht--but some r from the minoxidil--and as you see them get darker youll know for sure...i recommend minoxidil/retin-a because ive seen alot a velllus at the temples starting to darken and its only month 4---granted its made no cosmetic diff but its still nice to see it do its trick--but for regular minoxidil itll prolly take alot longer--after 8 months on the regular 5% i noticed smaller balding spot but at the hair line everything was still vellus and weak

maybe I should jump on Xandrox or something. Im having amazing fast results with a bunch of new terminals on the hairline and temples without minoxidil, wonder how it'd go if I added minoxidil? It's funny though, it really only takes just 2 or 3 new terminals in certain places to make a cosmetic difference, like on the side vertical line going up to the hairline. That has always been a pretty weak area with lots of weak thin vellus hair, but I didnt think DHT attacked that area?? funny, it goes from thin at the very bottom, to thick in the middle, then thin again on top. I dunno, Im getting alot of new hair and im happy about that.