How Hard Is It To Hide The Fact That You Wear A Hair Piece From Your Wife?

Noah

Reaction score
A stylist in the first salon I went to told me he had a married client who had been wearing for 5 years without his wife knowing anything. So I suppose it's possible if you choose a very unphysical uninquisitive wife (that doesn't sound like much fun though).

My guess is that there are plenty of married guys who wear, and their wives know "he does something with his hair", but they are not privy to any details and they don't participate in the process at all, and it's just understood that it's not a subject for discussion. I have had that situation with a couple of long term girlfriends, and that is what I would be aiming for with my wife when the time comes. I would want to defuse the need for total secrecy and paranoia, but I am not interested in having the little woman help me put on my piece, and I wouldn't want her to see me bald. I guess if you are living and sleeping with a woman for years, she is going to see your system looking it's best and it's worst, and unless she is very unobservant she will eventually have a pretty good idea what's going on, and I guess I would be OK with that too.

Mykonas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Solution is simple don't tell her at the begining once the relation is somewhat in an advanced stage tell her. Females are generally very understanding when it comes to these kind of things unlike us, but if i were in your shoes i would tell her straight from the begining if it's meant to be it is if not so be it.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
NOT the basis for a good relationship.

I can't imagine someone being able to hide this, besides wanting to hide it. Locked cabinet at home with supplies? And where is the money going? It's not 1950.

evasive

Reaction score
I don't understand why you would want to hide your hair system from your wife. This is your wife, the person you are going to spend everyday the rest of your life with - being open/honest/vulnerable is key to a healthy relationship. Having to hide this elephant in the room is just going to induce a sense of worry in you.
On a deeper level, you might be afraid she's going to leave you if she finds out. Can you accept that scenario?
Here's my thoughts:
If a girl can't accept that you wear a hair system to improve your looks which increases your confidence/happiness, then she can f**k off. Tell her if it's such a huge issue, then there's plenty of guys out there with full heads of real hair that she can find. It would be very hypocritical for a woman to shame a man for this. Girls are allowed to wear a makeup, hair extensions, eyelash extensions, shapewear, etc. to improve their appearance. A man can't do 1 thing for his appearance? Move on and find a better, more understanding one if this ever happens.

Meeee199

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't understand why you would want to hide your hair system from your wife. This is your wife, the person you are going to spend everyday the rest of your life with - being open/honest/vulnerable is key to a healthy relationship. Having to hide this elephant in the room is just going to induce a sense of worry in you.
On a deeper level, you might be afraid she's going to leave you if she finds out. Can you accept that scenario?
Here's my thoughts:
If a girl can't accept that you wear a hair system to improve your looks which increases your confidence/happiness, then she can f**k off. Tell her if it's such a huge issue, then there's plenty of guys out there with full heads of real hair that she can find. It would be very hypocritical for a woman to shame a man for this. Girls are allowed to wear a makeup, hair extensions, eyelash extensions, shapewear, etc. to improve their appearance. A man can't do 1 thing for his appearance? Move on and find a better, more understanding one if this ever happens.

Last edited:

evasive

Reaction score
In my country they make fun on men who wear hair systems on the radio. It is something cultural. The girl will not accept the fact that I wear a hair piece not because she is shallow or there is something wrong with her but because everyone in where I live has been brain washed that men are not supposed to wear hair systems. It is hard for you guys to understand because you live in a different world. I have two options either I tell no body that I wear a system not even my parents or my future wife OR I forget about hair systems, which is sad because it looks like the best solution.
I am curious, which country?

The radio makes fun of hair systems or wigs? Big difference. Wigs get a horrible reputation in North America (they are associating with grandpas wearing them, and them flying off in the wind). Hair systems are relatively unknown. 97% of people on the street do not even know what a hair system is.

But heres my advice: F**k that radio station. Are you going to let society dictate your actions? Do what makes you happy. You don't need to please society if they are going to shame you for trying to improve your life quality without hurting anyone.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I smell troll...
I am curious, which country?

The radio makes fun of hair systems or wigs? Big difference. Wigs get a horrible reputation in North America (they are associating with grandpas wearing them, and them flying off in the wind). Hair systems are relatively unknown. 97% of people on the street do not even know what a hair system is.

But heres my advice: F**k that radio station. Are you going to let society dictate your actions? Do what makes you happy. You don't need to please society if they are going to shame you for trying to improve your life quality without hurting anyone.

I totally agree with you! It seems that the last bastion of shaming is still hair and fat. It is totally OK to ridicule guys who are bald or wear a hair system (or get hair transplant, or whatever). You see it on TV ALL the time, it sickens me. It's also partially responsible for the absolute trauma you see on these forums with men in their teens and twenties losing their minds about losing their hair.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Middle east
I wish I had your mentality.

I cry BULLSHIT on this one!

I live in the Middle East, and at least in MY country, where lots of men go bald, and early, doing something about is not an issue, at least in the media. No one cares.

Go on Youtube, Iraq, Iran, Lebanon, are HUGE for hair replacement!

I think that MAYBE this may be in your head?

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Unless you go to a salon every 2 weeks and your piece never requires touch up, you may be able to hide it from everyone. Otherwise, not worth the stress of lying ...oh, and what if your hair stylist is your wife's cousin or classmate ?

Noah

Reaction score
Go on Youtube, Iraq, Iran,.. are HUGE for hair replacement!

Is that true? Now I'm imagining the mullahs wearing their MIGA baseball caps of a Thursday night while their hair systems are off for maintenance, so they're looking sharp for the big sermon on Friday.