How good are full cap hair systems? Especially for a surfer-boy look?

Jake1979

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven't researched much on full caps but ran across this 'how to' video on YouTube...more of an advertisement for the supplier Hair Direct but interesting nonetheless. Really impressed with guy's before and after

ChromeyFirefox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
He was. He disappeared at one point but used to be active on the toplace forums.

He says that piece is a bit old and worn out. Who knows.

Robrover

My Regimen
Reaction score
Been wearing full caps for almost 20 years, before that a topper. All lace, no poly. Much easier with a full cap, no blending , no discolouration from bio hair, can easy cut in your own style if confident enough. No problems with nape, just use 1.5in Walkers No Shine tape. And you can add a much grey as you like, or not. Would never go back to a topper.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Been wearing full caps for almost 20 years, before that a topper. All lace, no poly. Much easier with a full cap, no blending , no discolouration from bio hair, can easy cut in your own style if confident enough. No problems with nape, just use 1.5in Walkers No Shine tape. And you can add a much grey as you like, or not. Would never go back to a topper.
How often do you detach and make touchups?

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have no hair. I’m clean-shaven. 100% bald. I’m not much of a fan of my hair texture if I let it grow, and I’m the last stage of Norwood. So I don’t think a topper would work.

I’m a young guy, so I wanted to know how well do full cap hair systems work?

I don’t plan on having a short hairstyle, therefore my planned idea was to give a limited view of the hairline and have the long hair I only dreamed of. Pics of hairstyle I want included.

My questions are:

1. How easy is donning a full cap compared to a regular topper?

2. Is a surfer hairstyle achievable? Which is the best material for this look?

3. Which is the best place to get hair systems?

4. Are full cap hair systems of that length very expensive?

5. Any of you gentlemen have full caps? Tell me about it,

Just go with a style like I got!

You need to grow the side/back hair out for a month or two for it to blend with a hair system.
Wear a cap whilst it grows out so it doesn't look odd.

Blue eyes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you don't have enough bio hair on the sides and back you definitely don't want to go with a Topper as it'll look silly. Your best bet is definitely going with a full cap. You want to make sure that you have a good stylist to cut it in. A good cut in makes all the difference in the world.

Blue eyes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Speaking of full caps are there any of these Hair Replacement companies out there that cater to full cap longer hair?(8" or longer) let's hear from you guys that wear longer hair full caps.

Robrover

My Regimen
Reaction score
JRob first moved to a full cap after discussing the pros and cons of them with me on BAs original TL forum. He then became a prominent advocate and promoter of them, developing his own range of hair care products, and linking up with HD.

ChromeyFirefox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Jrob fell off the face of the earth for some reason. He sold off his website and seemingly hair car range.