How Fucked Is My Hairline? Rate Pics

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looked in the mirror this morning and realized my hairline is deteriorating fast as f*** since quitting finasteride 2 months ago. I only took it for 2 months but felt like I was a great responder. I quit though because of sides and am not willing to take something like it again. I’ve been considering minoxidil again but I hated taking it every day and experienced rapid heartbeat when I used it before.

Long story short, how fucked am I and what can be done at this point? Considering a fue within a year or so possibly, but what’s the success rate of thatnif I’m not taking finasteride?

I’ve done the buzzed look for a long time but I look a lot better with hair. Too bad it’s running away from my head as quickly as it can

Edit 08/25/19:

Last edited:

S14a

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
transplanted hairs dont need finasteride, finasteride is to keep the hair on top that your currently have.

ive had fue and not planning ontaking finasteride

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
transplanted hairs dont need finasteride, finasteride is to keep the hair on top that your currently have.

ive had fue and not planning ontaking finasteride
Did you go to Turkey for fue? Also, wont your non-transplant hairs continue falling out at the same rate without the finasteride? That's my concern if I were to do it

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For a 25 year old that is very advanced. Ideally you'd Nizoral and minoxidil, because that is aggressive.

manda

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Considering your age and your aggressive hairloss I think no normal régimen or hair transplant would give you a long term satisfying hair status.
Best would be if you try to get over it and just buzz that sh*t down bro. Best of luck

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair transplant will give him a long term satysfying hair status? The f*** man, he needs to wait until it hits NW6 before transplant. For age 25 his hair loss is agressive, would compare it to my status. But i am 23.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For a 25 year old that is very advanced. Ideally you'd Nizoral and minoxidil, because that is aggressive.
Forgot to mention, I am on nizoral for the past few years now. I can't really say it does anything except maybe help with itching when I was using minoxidil. I'm considering starting minoxidil again, I'm just not sure what I can realistically expect from it long-term. It's also a hassle to apply every day for the rest of my life
Considering your age and your aggressive hairloss I think no normal régimen or hair transplant would give you a long term satisfying hair status.
Best would be if you try to get over it and just buzz that sh*t down bro. Best of luck
Appreciare your input but I think there is some regimen possible to have long-term hair. Somehow George Constanza and Elon musk got their hair back
92811george.jpg

main-qimg-e210fad7ae2741db404b193e07fbdccc.jpg

Baldy12345

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would be really hard to maintain a decent looking head of hair without finastride. What sides did u experience?

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would be really hard to maintain a decent looking head of hair without finastride. What sides did u experience?
Decreased libido and I would attribute some depressing feelings towards it. I felt a lot better in general just after quitting it 2 months ago. I think its good for hair loss but I don't think its good to manipulate important hormones in my body

djhype

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Forgot to mention, I am on nizoral for the past few years now. I can't really say it does anything except maybe help with itching when I was using minoxidil. I'm considering starting minoxidil again, I'm just not sure what I can realistically expect from it long-term. It's also a hassle to apply every day for the rest of my life

Appreciare your input but I think there is some regimen possible to have long-term hair. Somehow George Constanza and Elon musk got their hair back
View attachment 125434
View attachment 125435
Millionaires and hair transplants which you have far too agressive a case and probably not the funds to even consider.

This is your best bet. Just make sure to go to the best.

Scalp-Micro-Pigmentation-SMP-Beauty-Care-Nederland-BCN-large1.jpg

Tommybommy1363

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You think nothing can be done to recover my hair at this point?

If you won’t take propecia no. You could try rogaine and dermarolling to delay the inevitable but with how bad it is now I don’t think it’s worth it.

Without propecia please don’t get a transplant

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Looked in the mirror this morning and realized my hairline is deteriorating fast as f*** since quitting finasteride 2 months ago. I only took it for 2 months but felt like I was a great responder. I quit though because of sides and am not willing to take something like it again. I’ve been considering minoxidil again but I hated taking it every day and experienced rapid heartbeat when I used it before.

Long story short, how fucked am I and what can be done at this point? Considering a fue within a year or so possibly, but what’s the success rate of thatnif I’m not taking finasteride?

I’ve done the buzzed look for a long time but I look a lot better with hair. Too bad it’s running away from my head as quickly as it can
If you are not going to use any type of DHT blocker you really will be a poor candidate for surgery but we have some guys who were at your level younger and still had one even without taking a DHT blocker so it is possible. As long as you know the risks but if I was in your shoes I would get my hands on some liposomal topical finasteride and try that as my last resort. I would even just use it every other day.

S14a

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you go to Turkey for fue? Also, wont your non-transplant hairs continue falling out at the same rate without the finasteride? That's my concern if I were to do it

Yes it may continue but im not going to try any propecia until im done having kids. Taking saw palmetto which has about 5% the effect of finasteride from what I hear.

djhype

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You think nothing can be done to recover my hair at this point?
Honestly, you'd probably fighting a life long battle of stress, finances and depression just to keep half a head of crappy hair.

In the mean time, feast your eyes on this.

Last edited:

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you won’t take propecia no. You could try rogaine and dermarolling to delay the inevitable but with how bad it is now I don’t think it’s worth it.

Without propecia please don’t get a transplant

If you are not going to use any type of DHT blocker you really will be a poor candidate for surgery but we have some guys who were at your level younger and still had one even without taking a DHT blocker so it is possible. As long as you know the risks but if I was in your shoes I would get my hands on some liposomal topical finasteride and try that as my last resort. I would even just use it every other day.

Sounds like the general consensus is that my hairline is pretty much done for even with a transplant unless I use finasteride...

I'll have to take it all into consideration. As for topical finasteride, I am considering that, I just don't know where to get it.

Honestly, you'd probably fighting a life long battle of stress, finances and depression just to keep half a head of crappy hair.

In the mean time, feast your eyes on this.

Maybe, hopefully not. As for a hair system, I would never wear one. Might not look bad, but it's not really a solution at all

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Sounds like the general consensus is that my hairline is pretty much done for even with a transplant unless I use finasteride...

I'll have to take it all into consideration. As for topical finasteride, I am considering that, I just don't know where to get it.

Maybe, hopefully not. As for a hair system, I would never wear one. Might not look bad, but it's not really a solution at all
Find a compounding pharmacy in your area and then get a doctor to write you a prescription for topical finasteride.

djhype

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

You're looking at multiple hair grafts, a ton of money and problems even with finasteride spanning years, decades.

Try the topical finasteride and hope for a miracle. It's your best cheap bet in restoring what you have and possibly getting some back with a lower side profile as House recommended.

Micro scalp pigmentation is relatively cheap and will give you a permanent hairline shaved look. I've seen them in person and if you find someone good it's a a decent solution if you want a good hairline and don't want to rock the shiny bald dome look that you will likely have in a few years. You can't tell it's a hair tattoo if you hit up a top practitioner.