How Extreme Of A Transformation Should I Expect?

brahmabull117

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
He actually had thin straight hair but having thick wavy hair is probably better for covering the scalp. Dont be discouraged if you have shedding and stay positive. Hopefully the hair will come in well.

oh yea, thick wavy hair is much much better than thin straight hair as far as the illusion of density/covering the scalp. I can make my current hair look decent if I blow dry it and style it with some product because of how thick and wavy it is.

that's very encouraging man. I know the 12K hairs will come in. I'm just hoping some of my lost native hairs will come back also. If I get both of those 2, I will have fantastic hair in about 4 months

brahmabull117

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the post-surgery pics look so bad also because you chose too long a hair style for yourself. In the “before” pictures, your style was shorter and looked better. Never believe that longer hair will look thicker if you are thinning.

Do you have images that were taken immediately post-operation? Where did they insert the grafts?

they inserted the grafts all over

probably like 1000 grafts around the hairline
1000 grafts in the middle
1000 grafts in the crown
1000 grafts in the alleys

something like that. My Doctor said the vast majority of my grafts were 3 and 4 hairs which all went in to the crown and middle. He said the few singles I had, they were all inserted in the hairline

it took them around 12 hours to do the surgery because it was just tons and tons and tons of hair

AmericanHairlines90

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure things will get better. Like what everyone else is saying just give it time. You could definitely have really good coverage as those pics do once your hair starts to grow in again. Time will tell. Good luck. Keep us updated!

brahmabull117

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure things will get better. Like what everyone else is saying just give it time. You could definitely have really good coverage as those pics do once your hair starts to grow in again. Time will tell. Good luck. Keep us updated!

it's just hard to stay patient

Tommybommy1363

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
they inserted the grafts all over

probably like 1000 grafts around the hairline
1000 grafts in the middle
1000 grafts in the crown
1000 grafts in the alleys

something like that. My Doctor said the vast majority of my grafts were 3 and 4 hairs which all went in to the crown and middle. He said the few singles I had, they were all inserted in the hairline

it took them around 12 hours to do the surgery because it was just tons and tons and tons of hair

Just seems like this kind of transplant was a bad idea... you could get good results or bad shock loss...

Your hair was at a point that I think you should’ve done 2 years propecia with rogaine and dermarolling instead of a transplant. Would’ve saved your grafts too

brahmabull117

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just seems like this kind of transplant was a bad idea... you could get good results or bad shock loss...

Your hair was at a point that I think you should’ve done 2 years propecia with rogaine and dermarolling instead of a transplant. Would’ve saved your grafts too

I've been on rogaine for 3 years and finasteride for 8 months

I absolutely hated my crown and I wanted to get that fixed...when my hair is wet, you can see I've lost a lot in the front and middle also

I saw my Doctor's results with people with thick, wavy hair like mine and they looked excellent so I figured i could get the same kind of results

LitaMiller

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would like to support you, you are doing a great job! Sometimes this is not an easy process, but the result will surpass your expectations, I'm sure of it! Soon you can do this kind of hair, right? This is actually one of the most popular men's hairstyles in recent years, looks just fine! And check out this https://therighthairstyles.com/mens-fade-haircuts/

14717523_709633289189147_204191622949240832_n.jpg

BLmhnrSBjsV

Last edited:

brahmabull117

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would like to support you, you are doing a great job! Sometimes this is not an easy process, but the result will surpass your expectations, I'm sure of it! Soon you can do this kind of hair, right? This is actually one of the most popular men's hairstyles in recent years, looks just fine!View attachment 99526
BLmhnrSBjsV

I have very thick hair like that but my hair is more wavy/curly than his. I would say his is more straight with slight wave

I'm better off doing a hairstyle like this

naturally-wavy-hair.jpg

or this

Thick-wavy-hair-men-1.jpg

Last edited: