How Extreme Of A Transformation Should I Expect?

brahmabull117

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I got a surgery done 2.5 months ago with about 4K grafts and around 12K hairs (my Doctor said vast majority of the grafts were 3 and 4 hairs)

How extreme of a difference should I expect when the hair grows in?

As you can see, I've lost a ton of hair in the middle, front and especially the crown but I do have extremely thick, wavy, coarse hair in terms of the texture. My sides and crown are still high in terms of where the thinning starts. I think I'm a NW5 pattern long term

I parted my hair to make the balding look as visible as possible. When I shampoo my hair, blow dry it and apply product, most people can't even tell I've lost I've lost anything

Can I expect results as dramatic as these? I should note that I have identical hair traits to both these gentlemen and I went to the same doctor they did but they had 2700 and 2800 grafts. I had nearly 4000. Also I think I've shed some of my native hair post surgery. Will that come back?

hair-restoration-surgical-procedure-photos-crown-179742.jpg

hair-restororation-procedure-top-181156.jpg

Attachments

• 20180907_203609.jpg
    20180907_203609.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 300
  • 20180907_203339.jpg
    20180907_203339.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 296
  • 20180907_203312.jpg
    20180907_203312.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 314
  • 20180907_203301.jpg
    20180907_203301.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 292
  • 20180907_203217.jpg
    20180907_203217.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 282
  • 20180907_203140.jpg
    20180907_203140.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 292

brahmabull117

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here are some pics before the surgery. I feel like my hair looked much much better

What's fukked up here is these pics are at the very beginning of when I started using propecia. I'm now 9 months into using finasteride and 2.5 months after my surgery and my hair has never looked worse. It's really depressing

I didn't lose hair much before I started using finasteride for a couple years. I'm on finasteride, Rogaine and Nizoral shampoo now. Considering how much hair I had right before I started using finnasteride + starting finasteride + doing 12K transplant, I figured I would be a damn near NW2 with near ideal density

Attachments

• sides.jpg
    sides.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 336
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 405
  • crown.jpg
    crown.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 390

tomcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah i think u hair looked better before but ur in ugly duckling phase so hang on

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with the poster above, hairtransplants usually look very bad during the 3 month stage based on what I've seen, but start to improve greatly after 6+ months. If the grafted hairs fill in more (which they should) you should def be above baseline

brahmabull117

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with the poster above, hairtransplants usually look very bad during the 3 month stage based on what I've seen, but start to improve greatly after 6+ months. If the grafted hairs fill in more (which they should) you should def be above baseline

do you think it will look like the 2 transformations I posted? i have very similar hair traits to them

brahmabull117

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah that could be possible. Where did you exact plant your grafts though? Entire top, vertex or hairline?

everywhere

hairline
middle
crown
alleys

Doctor said it was around 12K hairs, which is a ton

I'm genetically challenged up top but thankfully my sides are ridiculously thick/dense. I can probably do one more transplant and get another 12K hairs on to it and 24K hair will give me the appearance of good hair forever

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
everywhere

hairline
middle
crown
alleys

Doctor said it was around 12K hairs, which is a ton

I'm genetically challenged up top but thankfully my sides are ridiculously thick/dense. I can probably do one more transplant and get another 12K hairs on to it and 24K hair will give me the appearance of good hair forever

then you should have a good result tbh. jsut give it time my friend, 3 months is too early.

GreekGod

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I got a surgery done 2.5 months ago with about 4K grafts and around 12K hairs (my Doctor said vast majority of the grafts were 3 and 4 hairs)

How extreme of a difference should I expect when the hair grows in?

As you can see, I've lost a ton of hair in the middle, front and especially the crown but I do have extremely thick, wavy, coarse hair in terms of the texture. My sides and crown are still high in terms of where the thinning starts. I think I'm a NW5 pattern long term

I parted my hair to make the balding look as visible as possible. When I shampoo my hair, blow dry it and apply product, most people can't even tell I've lost I've lost anything

Can I expect results as dramatic as these? I should note that I have identical hair traits to both these gentlemen and I went to the same doctor they did but they had 2700 and 2800 grafts. I had nearly 4000. Also I think I've shed some of my native hair post surgery. Will that come back?

View attachment 98204
View attachment 98205
You may have to wait a full year to see your full results. My brother was a NW3 before surgery. After the surgery he shed and looked like a NW5. He felt terrible and thought the surgery was a failure. 6 months later he is a thick NW2. BTW he had 2700 grafts and was a diffuse thinner. You literally cant see any of his scalp whatsoever no matter how he styles it. So give it some time.

brahmabull117

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You may have to wait a full year to see your full results. My brother was a NW3 before surgery. After the surgery he shed and looked like a NW5. He felt terrible and thought the surgery was a failure. 6 months later he is a thick NW2. BTW he had 2700 grafts and was a diffuse thinner. You literally cant see any of his scalp whatsoever no matter how he styles it. So give it some time.

sounds like his situation was very similar to mine so that's very encouraging

did he have thick wavy hair like mine?

GreekGod

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
sounds like his situation was very similar to mine so that's very encouraging

did he have thick wavy hair like mine?
He actually had thin straight hair but having thick wavy hair is probably better for covering the scalp. Dont be discouraged if you have shedding and stay positive. Hopefully the hair will come in well.