How does your significant other feel about your hair loss?

ssjpotato

Established Member
Reaction score
I was seeing a girl around the time i realized my hair was going and as soon as i buzzed my head she split right quick. She didn't wanna settle for less, and I wouldn't expect her to... looking like an old man at 22 isn't appealing lol

But what about you? How has your significant others responded? Have they grown noticeably distant or less attracted to you? Are they supportive? I'm just curious.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Mines heavily involved and evening asking me to try dutasteride (she's educated on the matter as a Doctor). No one knows my fears except my family abit and long term bird.

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
no S/O right now but i was in a 7.5 year long relationship that came to a close on New Years Day and i dealt with my hair loss during our relationship. i had extensive hair loss (NW5 going on NW6 at only 22 years old...) and i could tell it made my S/O less attracted to me. she was really cool/supportive about it, never made me feel bad about it and always told me to my face that it didnt change anything for her but i could tell from changes in her behavior that just wasn't as into me as she was before. i dont blame her for feeling that way either. i was 22 but looked like i was 35, or older. no 22 year old girl wants that lol.

we're still close (how can you not be after being together for so long?) and she's very obviously more into me now than she was when we were together. ive also changed a lot outside of just my hair including weight loss/my skin looks flawless now, so it may not be the hair entirely causing her to be more into me and more so that i just take really really good care of myself compared to before.

that being said my interactions with ladies noticeably suffered when i was at my worse. seems like if they're not attracted to you, girls are generally kind of bitchy towards you in general tbh. my hair is like a NW2-NW2.5 now and talking to girls is much easier now because i'm not perceived as a creepy 35 year old hitting on them. part of that comes down to confidence i guess, but if you're flirting in a bar or something, being attractive at a first glance is really important.

Abu Hairy Al-Forhedi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We never really talked openly about my receding hair loss. I noticed her checking it.. Even now, she's my ex, when we bump into eachother, i notice her checking.. Its like she is thinking: werent you suppose to be bald by now? Btw, she is a ****ing ***t!

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
We never really talked openly about my receding hair loss. I noticed her checking it.. Even now, she's my ex, when we bump into eachother, i notice her checking.. Its like she is thinking: werent you suppose to be bald by now? Btw, she is a ****ing ***t!

Your screen name is hilarious.

ssjpotato

Established Member
Reaction score

The only reason me and my ex ever spoke about it is because she brought it up. And no matter what I said, she acted like it was something I could control. She didn't want me to take propecia because she thought for whatever dumb fvcking reason she thought hairloss is a health thing like not enough Vit D or something and the potential sides weren't worth it. I took the drug, got sides, quit after 5-6 months. Then buzzed my head. And then she left me for a dude with a hairline so low it might as well be a part of his eyebrows.

hmm

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't talk about it. Sometimes around friends (some who are also thinning) we joke about getting old and how we gonna eventually lose our hair and get wrinkles but fuk it who gives a **** that's life. She always laughs and says she gonna be old one day too and im gonna leave her for a younger woman.

Women hate when men show weakness. They are very insecure creatures themselves and when a man acts like a b**ch its a big turn off. If they wanted to be with a self conscious mess they might as well b dating one of their GF's.

She likes my buzz cut a lot and comments on how sexy and "manly" I look. She has always said metro sexual guys spending more time in front of the mirror than her is a big turn off.