Attachments

• IMG_2832.jpg
    IMG_2832.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 972
Last edited:

Danny-kins

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you gone in to see a dermatologist? That much loss might be due to some other issue that they could help pinpoint.

DerDon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yes i went to 6 different derms over the last two years. Blood is ok. Some said no need to worry. The most recent one said male pattern baldness. But almost every derm suck, they just tell you the obvious and take your money. When it all started, they were saying everything is fine. Now they say, oh it could be male pattern baldness, because they can obviously see that my hair is thinned out.
Nobody cares if your side-, arm-, beard- or other hair are also thinning.
They just don't give a sh*t. maybe i wouldn't either, if i had a no hairloss.

ScienceofHair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did this begin suddenly? Were you on any hair meds at any point? Did it worsen?

Bloodwork done? Thryroid okay?

Give me some details and pics and I'll see if anything catches my eye.

Last edited:

Danjellyman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@DerDon im with you! My hair is shedding constantly! I’m not in any medications either it just was this sudden onset. I did the fern thing to no avail. I also lose hairs elsewhere! So fed up

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
This hit me in a similar way. I’ve thrown a bunch of meds and supplements at it and it’s still shedding like crazy. If Inhad to do it over. I would have tried a low dose finasteride .25 for 4-6 months before trying anything else. If the shedding doesn’t slow after six I might start looking else where. Telogen Effluvium is extremely rare and in most cases it’s AA. However I believe there could be Telogen Effluvium like shedding can be made worse by certain deficiencies.

Go hard on your iron, biotin, zinc and see if it helps. Several doctors (Greco, Konior) told me that maxing out Biotin should slow most chronic sheds if it’s not autoimmune.

also check your thyroid levels but don’t mess with meds unless you are outside of normal as the meds can also lead to loss.

Minoxidil is not where to start.

Nounours

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is my current predicament which brought me to join this forum. I've been shedding like crazy for about two months now. Previous heavy sheds would last maybe a week, two at most but never this long! Has had a serious effect on my mental health.

Just wanted to say that you're not alone here, I know (as well as many others on this forum) know what you're going through and how it feels.