How do you let it get so bad thet you are bald

DontWant2BeBald

Established Member
Reaction score
Soon as a started thinning I knew, this was at 16. I tried finasteride and dutasteride when I was 16 but it did not stop my hairloss and its only been progressing more. Yet I am still looking for alternatives

How can you turn around and do all this moaning and whining in this section when most of you just sat through your baldness. Newsflash male pattern baldness starts when youre NW1. If you are a responder to finasteride than you only have yourself to blame for going bald. If you are too afraid of side effects to take finasteride than balding is not as terrible for you as this section makes it seem.

End of. I cant believe some of you are here making all these post complaining about hair and wasting time complaining constantly when you could be doing something about your hairloss, wheter that be finasteride, dutasteride, minoxidil, spironolactone, flutamide, estrogen... etc. If you try all these thing and still fail, then you have the right to complain and I can sympathize with you, but not otherwise

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm guessing you don't have any sympathy for fat people either.

Everyone's circumstances are different, and everyone has a right to whine about it, you don't have to read about it, I don't know what you're trying to accomplish here. Considering that a lot of members here are self-loathing enough that they beat themselves up so much and aren't really looking for sympathy but more a place to vent the frustration.

I'm not normally a "don't like it? don't look at it!" kinda person but this is an exception, you're achieving nothing here by telling people what they should have done in the past, the majority of people here are obviously looking for something to fix the future. It's like telling an obese person "shouldn't have ate too much cake when you were 8! Your past self should man up and deal with it!".

Basically just **** off.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
If you took the time to read peoples stories then you wouldnt have to start a stupid thread like this wasting peoples time.

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
If you took the time to read peoples stories then you wouldnt have to start a stupid thread like this wasting peoples time.

Where exactly can I find the life stories of everyone bitching on the Impact section? I checked "Your hair loss journey" section but it was full of people wanting to know if their NW3 "genetic widows peak" was male pattern baldness. I guess the people here are tied down to the Impact section, I rarely see them post anywhere else, it's like they're not interested in a cure.

kejan

Established Member
Reaction score
The lotions, potions and pills sometimes don't work for people. Some people don't have the money to fund the fight against hairloss. Some people have busy lifes. There are numerous reasons why a lot of folk 'let it get so bad'.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm guessing you don't have any sympathy for fat people either.

Everyone's circumstances are different, and everyone has a right to whine about it, you don't have to read about it, I don't know what you're trying to accomplish here. Considering that a lot of members here are self-loathing enough that they beat themselves up so much and aren't really looking for sympathy but more a place to vent the frustration.

I'm not normally a "don't like it? don't look at it!" kinda person but this is an exception, you're achieving nothing here by telling people what they should have done in the past, the majority of people here are obviously looking for something to fix the future. It's like telling an obese person "shouldn't have ate too much cake when you were 8! Your past self should man up and deal with it!".

Basically just **** off.

Having sympathy for fat people? What a joke lol.

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
I started balding when I was 17.
When I enter medical MBBS,
It was so difficult that I had to study all day every day,week year.
My exams were so tough,too much difficult.
I failed once in first year,
My practical exams were such that
Surgery practical exam started from 8.00 am in morning to 11 pm evening, goodnight.

Extremely to get even 50% marks.

I never thought hairloss would fail me.
I was lucky to have gf at 17 years of age at that time,
But she left me later,that is add on tension to my super burden life.
In internship I used to work from 8.am Saturday to 8 pm Sunday..
Twice/thrice a month.
And 24 hours duty thrice a week.
Enough to make my hair loss
worry to fade away like hair.

DontWant2BeBald

Established Member
Reaction score
The lotions, potions and pills sometimes don't work for people. Some people don't have the money to fund the fight against hairloss. Some people have busy lifes. There are numerous reasons why a lot of folk 'let it get so bad'.

yo if you have money to go to Mcdonalds once a week you have the money to fight hairloss. Unless you are dead broke you cant be excused for not fighitng hairloss on top of that if you are dead broke why are you on a forum fixated around bitching about your situation instead of taking action. Go outide and make some money so you can begin fighting hairloss

smh this section is pathetic.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
I kind of agree with OP. Some people are old on here and never had treatments in their day. The belgian as he rightly points out had aggressive genetics and couldn't use finasteride, not that it would have helped much long term. But a few people on here had a "natural" treatment obsession and went bald, Fred was sadly in this world for a bit. Some had side effects on medication.

I think it's important for them to have a place to vent, no one should be deprived of that.

Anyone who had access to treatments and didn't use it and carried on balding, well what can I say? Were they in a coma as they progressed on the norwood scale?

DontWant2BeBald

Established Member
Reaction score
I kind of agree with OP. Some people are old on here and never had treatments in their day. The belgian as he rightly points out had aggressive genetics and couldn't use finasteride, not that it would have helped much long term. But a few people on here had a "natural" treatment obsession and went bald, Fred was sadly in this world for a bit. Some had side effects on medication.

I think it's important for them to have a place to vent, no one should be deprived of that.

Anyone who had access to treatments and didn't use it and carried on balding, well what can I say? Were they in a coma as they progressed on the norwood scale?

their venting has turned into the most distuctive and cynical place on the internet. Some of th emost negative energy I have ever seen.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Then you havent been to sluthate formerly puahate then? Hard to believe. Even though I realize it is futile, I will indulge anyway.

If this place is so negative, its only because it is a mirror
reflecting all of the hate and prejudice society harbors for us.
The same hate and prejudice that compelled you to start this thread.
The negativity was only an excuse for you to exhibit your own hatred.
Because lets be honest, you came here to bald bash.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
I kind of agree with OP.

Anyone who had access to treatments and didn't use it and carried on balding, well what can I say?

For the most part I agree with the OP also. I am not saying that anybody should jump on medication at 16, or should take finasteride if they are getting sides, but we have many on here that haven't done a thing to treat their hair loss. It is one thing if treatments were tried but were ineffective, it's another when you have done nothing and have pretty much let yourself go bald.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
End of. I cant believe some of you are here making all these post complaining about hair and wasting time complaining constantly when you could be doing something about your hairloss, wheter that be finasteride, dutasteride, minoxidil, spironolactone, flutamide, estrogen... etc. If you try all these thing and still fail, then you have the right to complain and I can sympathize with you, but not otherwise

From re-reading this I was a bit harsh before, sorry. I thought you were generalising everyone that moans on here hasn't done anything.

OK I guess some people are lazy about it, but to be honest I still don't know who this thread is for, anyone I do see venting frustrating on here has almost always had a history of treatments that didn't work or only somewhat worked. Plenty have had hair transplant's that haven't completely corrected the fault.

I still stand by the fact that people can whine about it whatever their reasons for not fixing it. For me personally I was so anxious about my hair loss that I hated addressing it, it really did make me feel sick to acknowledge the receding and thinning, so doing something about it, or even looking in the mirror (never mind taking pictures) was really difficult. Oddly it was only when my hair started to get really bad that I could gain some form of acceptance and actually face up to it, and go on finasteride instead of just minoxidil (which after 4 years, at age 28, it was clearly no longer doing anything or maintaining). The other thing is the embarrassment of having treatments for my hair loss, I am really defensive about it and everyone knows it, as far as joking about it, it's a "no-go" area. I've had some regrowth in the last few months, it's definitely thicker and temples are showing some small signs of advancement, and people are noticing- basing this only on how I've caught people literally looking at my hair from different angles, and also nobody ever talks about my hair, like even if I got a hair cut or need a hair cut, it's normally pretty natural to mention it but nobody has.

Maybe I needed to man up, maybe I was being a pussy, whatever, but lazy? I would have and would still jump through hoops.

DontWant2BeBald

Established Member
Reaction score
From re-reading this I was a bit harsh before, sorry. I thought you were generalising everyone that moans on here hasn't done anything.

OK I guess some people are lazy about it, but to be honest I still don't know who this thread is for, anyone I do see venting frustrating on here has almost always had a history of treatments that didn't work or only somewhat worked. Plenty have had hair transplant's that haven't completely corrected the fault.

I still stand by the fact that people can whine about it whatever their reasons for not fixing it. For me personally I was so anxious about my hair loss that I hated addressing it, it really did make me feel sick to acknowledge the receding and thinning, so doing something about it, or even looking in the mirror (never mind taking pictures) was really difficult. Oddly it was only when my hair started to get really bad that I could gain some form of acceptance and actually face up to it, and go on finasteride instead of just minoxidil (which after 4 years, at age 28, it was clearly no longer doing anything or maintaining). The other thing is the embarrassment of having treatments for my hair loss, I am really defensive about it and everyone knows it, as far as joking about it, it's a "no-go" area. I've had some regrowth in the last few months, it's definitely thicker and temples are showing some small signs of advancement, and people are noticing- basing this only on how I've caught people literally looking at my hair from different angles, and also nobody ever talks about my hair, like even if I got a hair cut or need a hair cut, it's normally pretty natural to mention it but nobody has.

Maybe I needed to man up, maybe I was being a pussy, whatever, but lazy? I would have and would still jump through hoops.

This thread was for anyone balding but not using finasteride, anyone who is bald but sat through it without treatment and is now bitching as if he had no control over the matter.

What is the point of complaining over and over again in this section when you could be trying all sorts of other drugs to help your situation. Reading all thee depressing and cringe stories in this section angered me how anyone could be so mentally weak. If you want hair so bad go on a transgender regimen, and if you are not willing to do that than you do not want hair anywhere near as much as this section would make it seem

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
so the chance of losing your libido isn't a reasonable excuse not to use finasteride? i seriously doubt that.

i tried the big 3 for years but my hair loss was too strong, so i'm not making excuses for myself.

sex drive is a hell of a thing to sacrifice, even considering the miniscule chances.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I explained my own personal reasons for "being lazy" about my hair loss, and fine call me an anxiety ridden pussy or whatever, but I couldn't deal with it or face up to it, despite how sad and hopeless it made me at times. People are difficult to explain and my own feelings at the time are hard to explain, obviously the antidote to my problems was facing up to them and simply doing something about it (more than regaine), but for whatever reason I just couldn't do it.

Anyway, my point is that everyone has their reasons for not doing it, and they have the right to whine about the condition. Hell, even if someone admits that they did nothing, they were lazy, didn't bother thinking about their hair loss until it was gone and they finally realised the mis-fortune, are you seriously suggesting they should just **** off and deny them the right to express that misfortune?

That seems like a healthy solution, just banish them from complaining about it and force them to bottle it up, nice.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I explained my own personal reasons for "being lazy" about my hair loss, and fine call me an anxiety ridden pussy or whatever, but I couldn't deal with it or face up to it, despite how sad and hopeless it made me at times. People are difficult to explain and my own feelings at the time are hard to explain, obviously the antidote to my problems was facing up to them and simply doing something about it (more than regaine), but for whatever reason I just couldn't do it.

Anyway, my point is that everyone has their reasons for not doing it, and they have the right to whine about the condition. Hell, even if someone admits that they did nothing, they were lazy, didn't bother thinking about their hair loss until it was gone and they finally realised the mis-fortune, are you seriously suggesting they should just **** off and deny them the right to express that misfortune?

That seems like a healthy solution, just banish them from complaining about it and force them to bottle it up, nice.
i just don't see how one can take a sex drive lightly. i can definitely see why people are too scared to take finasteride. jesus what a ****in trade, since they want hair to be able to have sex anyways

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nobody takes a sex drive lightly, they take it roughly and with hair stuck to the gum in the ashtray.

BOOM BOOM

Sorry, but you did remind my of my reservation, I didn't do the research on propecia and how few guys it affects. There was that insane assault on finasteride which stuck around for years, based off guys who specifically went to a propecia complaint forum to complain or even threaten to sue because of ED, and even a few who suffered permanent ED. The media lapped this up, they even printed these mental statistics like "Study proves that 90% of ALL propecia users experience Erectile Dysfunction- many permanent", but this was all based on a forum of guys specifically there to complain about the effects of finasteride.

When I did my own research (because of this place, and forever grateful to it), and found out that independent research had it at the very most 5% of guys experience such sides (some reports showing 2%), and they are temporary as in, you can go off them and return to normal, I had to take what didn't seem like much of a risk.

shookwun

Reaction score
Have another hair transplant in two days.

proactive power level 9999999 achieved.

Get hair or die trying

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The op has some sort of Downs syndrome if he thinks one simply "let it go bald"... its called genetic you you ****ing moron