How do you guys deal with this ****

B

Beingbaldsucksass

Dannyboy you insulted skinny people, being skinny is a GENETIC trait, unlike being fat

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
Dannyboy you insulted skinny people, being skinny is a GENETIC trait, unlike being fat

Ah i knew you would think "skinny twig" was insulting i never ment it like that... i said "skinny twig" because its OPPOSITE to fat and i didnt go you are a ugly skinny twig or aimed it at anyone etc i just said do you expect everyone to be skinny twigs (when i say twigs i mean skinny im just explaining skinny a bit more its like in a kids book and a parent or teacher etc is explaining big to a kid and they say what is big? and the kid points to an elephant in the book for an example) but i can see why you think im insulting but it wouldnt make sense in an comment when im trying to stick up for people on HOW THEY LOOK think will you yeah?

Mercury

Banned
Reaction score
great thread post. OP is very eloquent. i have felt everything the same way.

you reminded me of a very sad stage in my hairloss that i went through in the very early months. the part where i was confronted with the bleak reality that every perception i ever had of myself was not meant to be. i never dreamed that i would have a buzz cut my entire adult life. even after being bald for years now, i still catch myself assuming that i have hair when i imagine the future. i mean, my self image was and still is shattered.

and that is just one aspect of many psychological devastations! cmon, and people want to tell us about confidence. try hardly recogizing yourself in the mirror and being socially ostrisized year after year and then tell me i dont have a bit of confidence in me. its a wonder i have any success with people at all.

i dont know how else to say it: im ****ing devastated. from the pit of my stomach the pain and confusion runs me over like a freight train at a moments notice and i find myself spirialing into irrational bouts of depression. i cant even pretend i have this stupid hairloss thing under any sembelence of control. talk about a wild ride.

the only method of coping i seem to have is this general understanding of whats happening with me, although i am terrified where i may end up. all i know for sure is i would really rather have a full head of hair.

AScannerDarkly

Reaction score
So my worst fears have pretty much been confirmed. My sides are noticeably thin and I constantly lose hairs if i brush my hands through them. So much for those hair systems I ordered, i'm pretty much going diffuse all over my head apparently. Looks like when I just manage to find a solution on how not to look like a cancer patient I get ****ed all over again. I've been going through a rough time, mom basically insisted to my doctor that I see a psychiatrist and I've been prescribed strong benzos to help my panic attacks in my sleep. This is probably going to be my last post here, reading some of these stories makes me really depressed cuz i feel what you are going through (im young as well 21). It's really distressing especially when you just sit and focus and obsess over it so I'm gonna go out and try to find a permanent solution to my problems. It's really astounding how much misery something cosmetic like this can add to life, I wish everyone here could find a way to be happy and lead the lives they wish to have.

B

Beingbaldsucksass

Op don't give up, get on finasteride and minoxidil as soon as possible, my temples were gone and I restored them after 3 months on minoxidil, you can stop the loss with finasteride, don't listen to idiots like Dannyboyy who telling you to shave it and give up

You can maintain your hair for years with finasteride