How Do You Guys Deal With Being Short?

Feelsbadman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I know this is a hair loss thread but i was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on dealing with being short.

I'm only 5'6,5'7 on a good day. Even though i'm 23, it still irritates me. Every time i'm out or at work and i'm standing with a group of guys i'm always the shortest. I know there are others shorter than me but i still get annoyed.
It just feels like such a burden. It feels like just another factor that decreases my physical attractiveness.
I wish was 5'10. I'd kill for that.
How do i stop caring?

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Put something under your heels. This way I gained 3 cm of height and now 175 without shoes.
From hat prisoner to socks prisoner, lol.

Last edited:

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
No one gives a sh*t about guys being short as long as you are taller than 75% of women which is like 5'6. Women just don't want you to be shorter than they are. The guys I know who get the most puss are all under 5'10. Young girls especially don't mind shorter guys.

Total non-issue. Go to the gym to get bigger or something if you want to look less cuck-like.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
No one gives a sh*t about guys being short as long as you are taller than 75% of women which is like 5'6. Women just don't want you to be shorter than they are. The guys I know who get the most puss are all under 5'10. Young girls especially don't mind shorter guys.

Total non-issue. Go to the gym to get bigger or something if you want to look less cuck-like.
I respectfully disagree.

They want you to be taller than them WITH heels.

So most want someone 3 inches taller.

So if the average woman is, say, 5'6 then you really need to be 5'9.

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
9 cm after LL and 7 cm with elevator shoes, 16 cm in total, but girls are still taller, just lol.

size].jpg

Last edited:

tomcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I know this is a hair loss thread but i was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on dealing with being short.

I'm only 5'6,5'7 on a good day. Even though i'm 23, it still irritates me. Every time i'm out or at work and i'm standing with a group of guys i'm always the shortest. I know there are others shorter than me but i still get annoyed.
It just feels like such a burden. It feels like just another factor that decreases my physical attractiveness.
I wish was 5'10. I'd kill for that.
How do i stop caring?
im 5 10 and it doesnt feel good neither but what we can do about it nothing. my tip for u is to try get buff short guys can get buff faster

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
im 5 10 and it doesnt feel good neither but what we can do about it nothing. my tip for u is to try get buff short guys can get buff faster
Short and buffed guys are ridiculous.

xvvl0od-jpg.jpg

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
I focus on my messed up face instead, since that's a bigger problem anyway. After my hair is done in the spring starting my second round of jaw surgery.

Get lifts also and you'll realize an extra inch or two will change nothng.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
I focus on my messed up face instead, since that's a bigger problem anyway. After my hair is done in the spring starting my second round of jaw surgery.

Get lifts also and you'll realize an extra inch or two will change nothng.
How long have you been saving for all these surgeries?

Do you have a good job?

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
How long have you been saving for all these surgeries?

Do you have a good job?

My surgeries aren't very expensive. I have good insurance. Jaws are considered noncosmetic. I have a good job. I don't have to save for them. It's more just an issue of risks and them each taking a certain amount of time. They're all very slow and more jaw surgery is very risky. Currently experimenting with dental phenytoin gels to see if I can improve my gums a bit first before next round jaw surgery. Have to wait until hair is done anyway since I can't juggle both simultaneously. SARPE is going to be a b**ch just like this scalp expander is now. Only worse.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
My surgeries aren't very expensive. I have good insurance. Jaws are considered noncosmetic. I have a good job. I don't have to save for them. It's more just an issue of risks and them each taking a certain amount of time. They're all very slow and more jaw surgery is very risky. Currently experimenting with dental phenytoin gels to see if I can improve my gums a bit first before next round jaw surgery. Have to wait until hair is done anyway since I can't juggle both simultaneously. SARPE is going to be a b**ch just like this scalp expander is now. Only worse.
Your issues seem very real.

Makes my hairloss seem less severe of an issue!

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel like the "height meme" gets overplayed sometimes. As long as you have solid facial aesthetics, dress well, and are decently in shape you should be okay. My old ex was taller than me (I'm 5'8 she was 5'10).

I always try to wear boots though.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel like the "height meme" gets overplayed sometimes. As long as you have solid facial aesthetics, dress well, and are decently in shape you should be okay. My old ex was taller than me (I'm 5'8 she was 5'10).

I always try to wear boots though.

Yeah for sure. The problem is at least 70% of us have worse faces than you do. 80-90% if you count racial bias.

But yeah Tom cruise is short, bla bla bla

whatintheworld

Reaction score
This is a tough one...I'm above average in height but whenever I walk by a taller guy, I admittedly feel emasculated and inferior.

I think the only way is, ironically, to not think about it. But suppose I tell you think about anything except pink elephants. Of course you'll only think about the one thing you don't want to think about, pink elephants. Same concept as this.

So, I'd say to just let the thought pass through your head, and control your emotional response to not caring. Eventually...you'll be conditioned to stop thinking about it, because you are able to control your response, and since you didn't respond negatively, they will appear with less and less frequency. Basically I'm summarizing Cognitive Behavioral Therapy here.