How Do You Do To Remove Glue From The Lace Base?

rme

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dear All.

I would like to ask for help. How do you do to remove glue from the lace base?
What do you think, what is the best method?
I use GhostBond classic. (Frontal hairline)
Thank you.

rme

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you. And, I need use the lace release on the base, before I use cotton wool?

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wouldn't it help if you spray isopropyl alcohol on the area that has adhesive on it to help break down the adhesive and make it easier to clean?

No, you go with the cotton-wool first, and if this leaves any residue behind, you can get it with some alcohol.

You start with alcohol when removing tapes.

JMC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Old thread, but was reading through tips on using and removing glue on hairline since for the most part I’ve used tape.

If I don’t use alcohol on the glue then how do I get the front up so that I can clean the hairline and base? (Lace)

Noah

Reaction score
You do use alcohol to release the adhesive bond and take the piece off, but that alcohol will evaporate pretty quickly at room temperature. If you are using the cotton wool technique, do it after the releasing alcohol has evaporated and the piece is dry. You don't want the glue getting diluted with alcohol and being semi-liquid when you dab the cotton wool on it, because then the glue-alcohol will get pressed into and through the lace mesh, and maybe onto the hair shafts.