How Do You Deal With The Normies In Your Life

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's the whole package, stop trivializing other people's arguments to cope. You're also more likely to become a CEO or a corporate executive if you look like a man. In the history of US elections, the taller man usually wins. Why do you think that is?

As for the oscars, join any (I mean any) film community and ask them if Argo was the best film of 2012. They'll laugh at you. Nobody even discusses Argo anymore. These are some of the movies people still discuss:

The Avengers
The Dark Knight Rises
Zerodark Thirty
Django Unchained
Silver Linings Playbook (I don't like it)
The Master
Life of Pi
Lincoln
Amour
Cloud Atlas
Pitch Perfect
The Sessions

I would have voted for Amour.

To became a succesful CEO, you got to have talent, a sharp sens of business and be borderline sociopath, without this, frame and height are not gonna get you anywhere, except male modeling
Politics and presidents is just a puppet show, of course you got to look good and "appear" strong, Reagan is a perfect example

416x416.jpg

ohjefrs.jpg

Last edited:

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
To became a succesful CEO, you got to have talent, a sharp sens of business and be borderline sociopath, without this, frame and height are not gonna get you anywhere, except male modeling
Politics and presidents is just a puppet show, of course you got to look good and "appear" strong, Reagan is a perfect example

View attachment 70641

View attachment 70642

And yet on average CEOs and boards of executive members are taller (and whiter, and male, etc etc etc) than the average. I appreciate that you're coping but in the real world politics plays a significant role.

Zuckerberg and Gates had other advantages -- you don't ever need all of the advantages. For example, Zuckerberg went to Philips Exeter for high school and to Harvard for undergraduate. Both of them were raised in wealthy families and were in the right place at the right time. If they had been born three years later from middle class families and tried found their companies in Mexico, they would have failed. You wouldn't even know their names.

And if Affleck were a 5'7 Twink, the movie Argo would have never been made.

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
And yet on average CEOs and boards of executive members are taller (and whiter, and male, etc etc etc) than the average. I appreciate that you're coping but in the real world politics plays a significant role.

Zuckerberg and Gates had other advantages -- you don't ever need all of the advantages. For example, Zuckerberg went to Philips Exeter for high school and to Harvard for undergraduate. Both of them were raised in wealthy families and were in the right place at the right time. If they had been born three years later from middle class families and tried found their companies in Mexico, they would have failed. You wouldn't even know their names.

Zuckerberg and Gates own their success because they fucked their friends and co-workers at the right time i agree, they stole concept and technologies, that's why i said bordeline "sociopath", and this is also a talent in this world unfortunately

Regarding Affleck, just look at his brother success, not bad for a twink...anyway, you're way too much brainwashed with this lookism BS and stats to even appreciate when people own their success to their real talent and not their frames
Look at Xavier Dolan carreer

Most of French CEO's and politics are bald twinks, i guess US is just way too much fucked, and i fear this laughable culture rot Europe aswell

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Zuckerberg and Gates own their success because they fucked their friends and co-workers at the right time i agree, they stole concept and technologies, that's why i said bordeline "sociopath", and this is also a talent in this world unfortunately

Regarding Affleck, just look at his brother success, not bad for a twink...anyway, you're way too much brainwashed with this lookism BS and stats to even appreciate when people own their success to their real talent and not their frames
Look at Xavier Dolan carreer

Most of French CEO's and politics are bald twinks, i guess US is just way too much fucked, and i fear this laughable culture rot Europe aswell

In the real world, aptitude is necessary but not sufficient for success. You also need a combination of luck (timing, looks, etc), hard work, etc.

You may not know it now, but you'll understand it eventually.

As for Casey Affleck, he's largely been assisted by his older brother. Without his brother he'd be nothing -- good example of luck.

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
In the real world, aptitude is necessary but not sufficient for success. You also need a combination of luck (timing, looks, etc), hard work, etc.

You may not know it now, but you'll understand it eventually.

Thanks for thinking i'm a genuine idiot, i was just trying to say, you're putting way too much weight on this "looks" argument
Of course this is a combination of luck, hard work, talent etc.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for thinking i'm a genuine idiot

When someone argues that the cream always rises to the top, I don't necessarily assume that they're an idiot, but I do assume that they're naive.
There's a lot of propaganda supporting the notion that the world is a pure meritocracy. It's a nice ideal, but it's also a fantasy.

A famous example, if you complete your college degree during a recession, you end up making less money over your entire career.
https://www.aol.com/2009/09/25/yale-study-starting-career-during-recession-can-damage-salary-f/

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
When someone argues that the cream always rises to the top, I don't necessarily assume that they're an idiot, but I do assume that they're naive.
There's a lot of propaganda supporting the notion that the world is a pure meritocracy. It's a nice ideal, but it's also a fantasy.

A famous example, if you complete your college degree during a recession, you end up making less money over your entire career.

Not a pure meritocracy, but not a pure idiocracy neither...not yet

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
stagnating height in the US probably has something to do with the massive influx of mexicans in who are notorious manlets

I did the calculation on that a while back, and the answer is no, the numbers don't work out.

Not even close.

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score

They also tend to be balder than the gen pop--a function of being generally older. Bezos out alphas Gates and Zuckdog and the new CEO of Uber is a bald Persian guy. Also Musk was pretty much bald his whole time at Paypal, he only got the hair transplant after he sold it.

Last edited:

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
They also tend to be balder than the gen pop--a function of being generally older. Bezos out alphas Gates and Zuckdog and the new VEO of Uber is a bald Persian guy. Also Musk was pretty much bald his whole time at Paypal, he only got the hair transplant after he sold it.

I'll trust surveys but I won't trust picking three or four names non-randomly.

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
As for Casey Affleck, he's largely been assisted by his older brother. Without his brother he'd be nothing -- good example of luck.

Come on man, he just won best actor's oscar for Manchester by the Sea, his brother has never been even nominated for this one in his whole career
Ben Affleck is a terrible actor, it's really a pain to watch him act, but he's a good director, i liked all of his directed movies, and they all had success amoung public and critics.
Casey started acting in television films at 11, his brother was 14 back then, and you're telling me he would be nothing withtout his brother ? His first big movie was a Gus Van Sant movie at 20years old, way before the Will Hunting revelation and way before Ben Affleck made those shitty movies Armageddon and Pearl Harbor, ones that made him really famous to public
Your quote is just baffling

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Come on man, he just won best actor's oscar for Manchester by the Sea, his brother has never been even nominated for this one in his whole career

It's well-known that there was a huge lobbying campaign, largely led by Affleck and Damon, to have Casey win that Oscar.

The Oscars have more in common with the Nobel peace prize than the Nobel chemistry prize.

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's well-known that there was a huge lobbying campaign, largely led by Affleck and Damon, to have Casey win that Oscar.

The Oscars have more in common with the Nobel peace prize than the Nobel chemistry prize.

Still a better actor than his brother, no lobby could ever get Ben Affleck a best actor oscar, this would be a robbery

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Really? I googled "average height of non hispanic white americans" and the average for white men in US seems to be 178-179cm which doesnt sound far off from average height in most european nations.

It's actually lower than many European nations.

Regardless the original point was that the recent stagnation in US height increase cannot be explained by immigration, which remains. Do you know how to calculate weights?

It's curiosity that the stagnation in US height begins right around the time that the obesity epidemic begins. I suspect that there's a relation, but I'd need to put in more effort to make it convincing.

Last edited:

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Still a better actor than his brother, no lobby could ever get Ben Affleck a best actor oscar, this would be a robbery

Yes, but nobody's comparing their acting skills.

Nobody.

There are lots of good actors out there who never get a big break. It's a competitive industry, having influential friends goes a long way.

Jennifer Lawrence is a better example. She's a terrific actress, but ridiculously overrated. She didn't deserve the Oscar for Silver Linings Playbook, nor did she deserve the nomination for Joy. She does well because the marketing machine benefits from having an "It girl". She's pretty and charismatic and does well with the media.

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, but nobody's comparing their acting skills.

Nobody.

There are lots of good actors out there who never get a big break. It's a competitive industry, having influential friends goes a long way.

Jennifer Lawrence is a better example. She's a terrific actress, but ridiculously overrated. She didn't deserve the Oscar for Silver Linings Playbook, nor did she deserve the nomination for Joy. She does well because the marketing machine benefits from having an "It girl". She's pretty and charismatic and does well with the media.

No indeed, you just said he would be nothing without his big framed brother, this is bullshit, like i said, he performed a part in a Gus Van Sant movie before his brother made Will hunting, Pearl Harbor and Armageddon (movies that made his real renowed)