How Do You Bald (male pattern baldness) As Much As Possible?

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, do you have a source for this?

I understand. So when we say that some men are more sensitive to androgens, what are we referring to? Is it something unknown to us, or are we referring to that some men produce more dihydrotestosterone? In theory, if we could shut down all 5-alpha-reductase from being produced, male pattern baldness would halt entirely from developing, right?

Shut the f*** and eat your raw fish already you fuckwit

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
The hair follicles on top of every man's head have a sensitivity to androgens, for most men this is DHT. Over time the exposure of DHT and T causes the hair to grow thinner and shorter until they no long grow and eventually the follicle dies. If we take one set of twins, with different androgen sensitivities but similar androgen production in their hair follicles and observe them over time one will begin to show signs of male pattern baldness. The other may show signs a lot later, the twin balding first is more sensitive to androgens than the other.
If we bring another set of twins into the picture with similar sensitivity but one having a lot more DHT production than the other the same principles still apply, the one balding first may not necessarily mean he is more sensitive but because of his increased DHT production he looks like he is. If there was a known way to shut down the a5r receptors then sure nobody treated would bald further. It is the same with removing androgens entirely, if you were born and castrated shortly after you would be NW1 till the day you died. Or if you chemically remove all androgens later in life you will either stop balding and regrow some or stop androgenic alopecia from developing at all.

Haircraft

My Regimen
Reaction score
The hair follicles on top of every man's head have a sensitivity to androgens, for most men this is DHT. Over time the exposure of DHT and T causes the hair to grow thinner and shorter until they no long grow and eventually the follicle dies. If we take one set of twins, with different androgen sensitivities but similar androgen production in their hair follicles and observe them over time one will begin to show signs of male pattern baldness. The other may show signs a lot later, the twin balding first is more sensitive to androgens than the other.
If we bring another set of twins into the picture with similar sensitivity but one having a lot more DHT production than the other the same principles still apply, the one balding first may not necessarily mean he is more sensitive but because of his increased DHT production he looks like he is. If there was a known way to shut down the a5r receptors then sure nobody treated would bald further. It is the same with removing androgens entirely, if you were born and castrated shortly after you would be NW1 till the day you died. Or if you chemically remove all androgens later in life you will either stop balding and regrow some or stop androgenic alopecia from developing at all.
Thanks for a thorough explanation. You mention that the androgen sensitivity varies between people. Do you know if the cause for this sensitivity is known, or is it just a conclusion drawn from the fact that different people develop male pattern baldness at a different rate? Also, is the cause for more dihydrotestosterone being produced known? I've tried to find information, without luck, about how responsible each organ is for producing 5-alpha-reductase.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for a thorough explanation. You mention that the androgen sensitivity varies between people. Do you know if the cause for this sensitivity is known, or is it just a conclusion drawn from the fact that different people develop male pattern baldness at a different rate? Also, is the cause for more dihydrotestosterone being produced known? I've tried to find information, without luck, about how responsible each organ is for producing 5-alpha-reductase.
I do not know the cause for the sensitivity, some men (albeit very few) do not have this sensitivity at all, or at least have super resistant follicles. It's probably just due to nature. I believe ( just my theory) that DHT is produced to replace testosterone on many functions since it is far stronger than regular T. I think you should be researching how you can stop hair loss side effect free rather than how much DHT organs produce.

Haircraft

My Regimen
Reaction score
I do not know the cause for the sensitivity, some men (albeit very few) do not have this sensitivity at all, or at least have super resistant follicles. It's probably just due to nature. I believe ( just my theory) that DHT is produced to replace testosterone on many functions since it is far stronger than regular T. I think you should be researching how you can stop hair loss side effect free rather than how much DHT organs produce.
Do you know if there has been any study on male pattern baldness and the amount of dihydrotestosterone produced in the body?

Anyways, I have a theory of that the prostate plays a big role in male pattern baldness. The prostate is an organ that produces 5-alpha-reductase and it also varies greatly in weight. I assume that a heavy prostate should produce more 5-alpha-reductase than a lighter one. Finasteride inhibits 5-alpha-reductase production and this works against developing male pattern baldness. Also, finasteride decreases the size of the prostate by roughly 18%. It's seems logical that the prostate is either shrunk because its function to convert testosterone to dihydrotestosterone decreases in activity, or because dihydrotestosterone levels in the prostate are reduced by 85-90% upon taking finasteride.

I've also come across a study which suggests that men who have developed male pattern baldness are at a greater risk at developing prostate cancer:

Our analysis indicates that frontal plus moderate vertex baldness at age 45 years is associated with an increased risk of aggressive prostate cancer and supports the possibility of common pathophysiologic mechanisms. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4314593/)​

Could the reason to this be because men who develop male pattern baldness have bigger prostates? It's interesting to note that men who had a prepubertal castration possibly never develop prostate cancer. Also, these prepubertal castrated men halt their prostate development entirely.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you know if there has been any study on male pattern baldness and the amount of dihydrotestosterone produced in the body?

Anyways, I have a theory of that the prostate plays a big role in male pattern baldness. The prostate is an organ that produces 5-alpha-reductase and it also varies greatly in weight. I assume that a heavy prostate should produce more 5-alpha-reductase than a lighter one. Finasteride inhibits 5-alpha-reductase production and this works against developing male pattern baldness. Also, finasteride decreases the size of the prostate by roughly 18%. It's seems logical that the prostate is either shrunk because its function to convert testosterone to dihydrotestosterone decreases in activity, or because dihydrotestosterone levels in the prostate are reduced by 85-90% upon taking finasteride.

I've also come across a study which suggests that men who have developed male pattern baldness are at a greater risk at developing prostate cancer:

Our analysis indicates that frontal plus moderate vertex baldness at age 45 years is associated with an increased risk of aggressive prostate cancer and supports the possibility of common pathophysiologic mechanisms. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4314593/)​

Could the reason to this be because men who develop male pattern baldness have bigger prostates? It's interesting to note that men who had a prepubertal castration possibly never develop prostate cancer. Also, these prepubertal castrated men halt their prostate development entirely.
That study is quite lengthy so I only read a few pages. I'm not sure why males with male pattern baldness have a higher chance of developing prostate cancer. There seems to be a lot of variables in it. Possible poor androgen sensitivity goes hand in hands with larger prostates while developing in the womb?

Haircraft

My Regimen
Reaction score
That study is quite lengthy so I only read a few pages. I'm not sure why males with male pattern baldness have a higher chance of developing prostate cancer. There seems to be a lot of variables in it. Possible poor androgen sensitivity goes hand in hands with larger prostates while developing in the womb?
If poor androgen sensitivity was a hereditary condition, why don't these men develop male pattern baldness in their teens when the testosterone levels are at their peak in life? If it indeed is a hereditary condition, would the explanation just be that it settles in randomly at different ages for men? I find it a bit implausible. It seems more logical to me that there's a correlation between prostate size and male pattern baldness. Men that start off with a small prostate could be the ones that don't develop male pattern baldness until they're elderly or at all.

tomcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
index.jpg

ElTioLaBota

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You tell me? you ever leave your best friend to die, knee deep in the swamps south east of Saigon while watching the Viet Cong pump his brain full of bullets? Have you?!?
I'm sorry for your loss, i still remember billy, he was such a youth guy... Always smiling, even when he got notified he was going to vietnam he was happy... The war is really tough, no one should experience that at the age of 22... f*** Charlie