how do the family treat there balding youngling...

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
well some are asses and some are nice, my motherside she has only sisters and there i get alot of crap like i will be on the fast way to the other men in the family... (bald) but on my fatherside he has 3 brothers.
They now the shitt im going thru, and know what to say, to keep the spirit up.

And now it doesnt matter because the treatment is working so il be back next christmass to show off my fully grown hairline again, and with no thinning 8)

ps. i know my eng isnt that good

G

My mother literally said:"Don´t worry your relatives will love you even when you go bald......"

Thank good no one else has commented on my thinning, yet!

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
when i was 18 i got my eybrow pirced... a girl dared me..
and that christmas when 1 off my aunt was asked if she noticed anything difrent about me, (the pircing of course) but she whent strait from checking my hair line with her hands... i wasnt loosing hair then but damit i got mad.
some relatives are not that nice about hair loss.
trust me have heard whats been awaiting me in my 20`s.
im 23 now.
and next christmas im going to show off my sweet hairline and full thick hair 8)

G

Jojje said:
when i was 18 i got my eybrow pirced... a girl dared me..
and that christmas when 1 off my aunt was asked if she noticed anything difrent about me, (the pircing of course) but she whent strait from checking my hair line with her hands... i wasnt loosing hair then but damit i got mad.
some relatives are not that nice about hair loss.
trust me have heard whats been awaiting me in my 20`s.
im 23 now.
and next christmas im going to show off my sweet hairline and full thick hair 8)

I wish I was optimistic you, but the treatments we have now are no miracle drugs. Getting a really thick head of hair back is nearly impossible. Good Luck to you nevertheless....

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
its possible-the minoxidil is really helpfull for some
Jojje what ever you do dont stop the minoxidil i did a break of one week because it gave me puffy eyes and got right back to baseline ,how sad

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yea i used minoxidil alsow when i was 19 but it didnt look to help because i was loosing ground, didnt know about finasterid then.
sa i gave up 1 year ago and quitt minoxidil..bad idea, lost insane ground that year with difuse thinning but now im on it with propecia and keteconzale shampo over 2 months and its working well

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dont think anyone in my family really gives a crap. They just see it as something that happens to guys as they get older

camobear777

Established Member
Reaction score
My family has been very supportive with my hair loss. My father is a Norwood 7 and he has helped me a lot. It has been tough losing my hair but since all of my uncles and cousins are bald they have all helped me a lot with the impact of my hair loss. I am very fortunate to heir how they all dealt with their hair loss.

Thinneritgoes!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've been losing my hair for 5 years. I'm almost 22. There was a period in time when i wasn't using anything and my hair was looking really thin (around 19). I got comments from my uncle and cousin. I buzzed my hair that summer and went over there. we were eating and my uncle told me to put my head down. He examined the top of my head and said.. "sooon... soon my friend" I almost died. My aunt defended me and said "i dont think he's going bald!" (little did she know). Since being on treatments and growing my hair out I hide it pretty well. I feel like i'm never going to be able to deal with it :(

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yea some relatives just dont think before they open their mouth.
Its har enough to be young and loosing youre hair, dont need to get crap from the relatives. :evil:

s.a.f

Reaction score
Some of them may be thinking that its better you just face up to it, remember there were no treatments around in their day so you just had to accept it.
My family were of the 'pretend its not happening' idea.

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My family was of the pretend its not happening idea too. WTF did they think would happen when it became painfully obvious that I was bald?

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hehe i kindow knew that my parents knew ,when my dad 1 year suddenly stopped making jokes that i would look like him :p
This summer i notised that a buddy of mine first saw that i had lost some ground, when we wore on the beatch and had been in the water.
Kindow saw it on his face, kindow hard not to se it when he looks like this :freaked:

s.a.f

Reaction score
WorldofWarcraft said:
My family was of the pretend its not happening idea too. WTF did they think would happen when it became painfully obvious that I was bald?

Probably hoped that you would'nt give a 5hit. :(

G

tchehov said:
My family secretly pity me.

The bastards.

Tchehov, I do as well.

Being Irish is bad enough but having to deal with hair loss on top of it? :hairy:

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:
tchehov said:

The bastards.

Tchehov, I do as well.

Being Irish is bad enough but having to deal with hair loss on top of it? :hairy:

The next time you're over I'll get you a glass of liquid dutasteride, from the Guinness foundry.

G

tchehov said:
JayMan said:
tchehov said:

The bastards.

Tchehov, I do as well.

The next time you're over I'll get you a glass of liquid dutasteride, from the Guinness foundry.

you're planning to poison me

Jojje

Experienced Member
Reaction score
mm beer, Miller, San miguel, budweiser, tuborg, Dahls, Carlsbeer.
so many good ones.
and its weekend baby.