How do people who use beard grafts deal with scarring?

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
So some people use grafts from their beard area to transplant to their scalp if for example their donor area on their head is not sufficient.

But doesn't that leave scarring all over their face? How to people who use facial hair grafts deal with that?

Paulito9x9

My Regimen
Reaction score
So some people use grafts from their beard area to transplant to their scalp if for example their donor area on their head is not sufficient.

But doesn't that leave scarring all over their face? How to people who use facial hair grafts deal with that?
The beard grafts are only taken from the neck. Never from the face. However, I'd also like to hear more from people who've had it done. I'm a bit worried about the neck scars.

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
The Eugenix clinic have some good, or even excellent, cases using beard grafts. You can take a look at the donor after the procedure in the pictures they put and evaluate the result for yourself.

Their YT channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSbm8Gka5nJPDDE0YTJmqPQ

A very good hair transplant where beard hair was used:
Huh, I don't see a whole lot of scarring on his neck, that's good. His transplant looks a bit "transplanty" imo, but they said that it isn't fully grown so hopefully it will look better. Idk if the casual person will notice though, could just be because I've looked at a lot of transplant pics. Not sure if I would have noticed back before I started losing hair.

He looks better and younger than before though, he looked almost 60 when he was bald, now he looks more like mid-40s.

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
We're truly in the dark ages, people in the future will be flabbergasted people resorted to these solutions to fight hair loss.
Yeah, in the future they will probably have gene editing and will probably have edited out male pattern baldness from our genes. Or hair cloning will be available for those who still have the male pattern baldness genes.

It is interesting though that we are among the first humans to actually have some means of fighting hair loss (apart from wigs but that's not really "fighting" it). If we lived in the 1930s we would have been fcked.

werefckd

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Huh, I don't see a whole lot of scarring on his neck, that's good. His transplant looks a bit "transplanty" imo, but they said that it isn't fully grown so hopefully it will look better. Idk if the casual person will notice though, could just be because I've looked at a lot of transplant pics. Not sure if I would have noticed back before I started losing hair.

He looks better and younger than before though, he looked almost 60 when he was bald, now he looks more like mid-40s.
Really? I thought it looks pretty natural. Maybe the change is so drastic that it makes you think something must be off? But as far as the hairs are concerned I don't see how it looks different from normal hair (apart from the lower density in some spots/lightening)

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
Really? I thought it looks pretty natural. Maybe the change is so drastic that it makes you think something must be off? But as far as the hairs are concerned I don't see how it looks different from normal hair (apart from the lower density in some spots/lightening)
I just feel like with a lot of transplants there is often kind of a subtle difference in how the hairs, especially the hairs at the hairline, look, mostly around the root area, it's a bit difficult to describe. But it's still better than being bald though. He looks better than before. And like I said, if I didn't know anything about transplants idk if I would have noticed it.

resu

Reaction score
As a last resort I think it would be a solution to keep it at buzzcut level, looks better than SMP but having it long doesn't look too good imo. Not a solution for me since I don't have much beard hair let alone neck hair.

Last edited:

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
As a last resort I think it would be a solution to keep it at buzzcut level, looks better than SMT but having it long doesn't look too good imo. Not a solution for me since I don't have much beard hair let alone neck hair.
How is the situation of your head hair?

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
Diffuse all over NW5. mid scalp to crown gone, wish I could do a hair transplant and concentrate on the top rather than on the hairline.
I see. What hairstyle do you go for? Is a transplant completely out of the question?

Diffuse thinning has to be the worst type of balding imo.

resu

Reaction score
I see. What hairstyle do you go for? Is a transplant completely out of the question?

Diffuse thinning has to be the worst type of balding imo.
Faux Hawk would do just need some density to make it work.

With beard hair I think buzzing is the only way.

Last edited:

brill007

My Regimen
Reaction score
Faux Hawk would do just need some density to make it work.

With beard hair I think buzzing is the only way.
That hair does not look like actual hair, but the patient is happy so I guess that's all that matters

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have exactly the same question. It is hard to see from the link (I think his beard was long).
Any other links or experiences?
I have an infinite number of body hair.
On a related note, how is Dr. Umar's reputation?