How Do I Talk To My Friend About The Treatments Available?

helpmyscalp

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been noticing that my friend has been diffuse thinning for a while little now, almost on the same trajectory as me. He finally brought it up to me and I'm trying to show him I can relate and tell him about the options available. Before I can even begin he just says "Nah bro I guess I'll just accept it, buzz it and wear a hat" in a defeated tone. I try and tell him that he'll think that way now, but not when it gets much worse but he still didn't want to hear what I had to say. We're talking on Skype and he just left for a bit. I know some of you might not think it's right to push these treatments on others, but I think it's fair he at least considers his options. I know he's someone who cares a great deal about his hair and we're both only 19.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Send him before and after pictures of people using finasteride/dutasteride ... That will change his mind :)

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
send him a video by FACEandMLS discussing LOOKISM and how hair affect yours appearance. he won't only want to take finasteride, but focus on so many other aesthetic-related sh*t

not even joking

abcdefg

Reaction score
You can if you want, but I would not bring it up. A lot of people know they are already, and bringing it up probably isnt a topic they are excited about. There is nothing wrong with acceptance, or not wanting to take the risks with your health of a hormonal pill everyday for the rest of your life.
Bottom line is most men know they are, and can easily google hair loss treatments and find the 2 mediocre treatments that exist if they care to take action if they want. It doesnt need to be pushed onto people that might not want to do that.