How do I deal with a red patch (a rash?) below my system’s tape?

Daniel Gates

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

A few weeks ago, a red spot formed on the left side of my forehead, right below where the tape normally lies (but only on the left side). This had happened before, and I previously dealt with it by just spending a few days without tape on the front of the system, and it would go away.

But this time it’s been a few weeks and it hasn’t gone away. I’ve been washing it and putting moisturizer on it. It seems to be a rash. What do I do?

Tagging @Noah because he has previously helped me a lot :)

Blue eyes

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sometimes I get a heat rash which is usually red patches. Use tea tree oil is that always helps me.

HairsonUnique

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had this. I ended up just not wearing for a while and then when I wore again it happened again.

I ended up just getting new everything. My scalp protector etc were getting quite old and I wanted to make sure I wasn't re applying something problematic.

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Daniel, sorry about the slow response.

Hydrocortisone cream is the usual remedy for rashes of that kind. Obviously if you can give your scalp a break by going without the system and wearing a cotton baseball cap for a day or two that would help. If you're in a situation where you have to have your hair on, consider using a strong hairgel like Got2BGlued as your adhesive.

Hope it clears up for you quickly.

HairsonUnique

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've actually once again had this exact same issue in the exact same spot.

I threw away all of my old products because I worried they were contaminated.. But it has persisted.

It never used to happen. I had the same products, but I wonder if they changed any formulation?

HairsonUnique

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm thinking about this again and I wonder if my issue is due to my system.. It's an older one and could it be contaminated somehow? I really don't want to wear another right now since this is just a beater one while I'm not going to the office.

Is there a good way to clean or disinfect the front lace?