How Dare You Recommend Dutasteride?

whatintheworld

Reaction score
I would not recommend dutasteride to anyone, I think finasteride is strong enough. Remember, having perfect hair is not the goal here, only for some vain, deluded individuals. If you aren't bald and at least have some sort of hairline (if you get a transplant to achieve this to at least frame your face with a buzzcut), this is enough to get out of slick bald, infinite forehead purgatory.

For people who want their thick Norwood 1's back, and are willing to take drugs like dutasteride, estrogen, spironolactone, this is insane to me.

Unless you are transgender that is, and if you are then I understand.

Dennis1775

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have an anxiety disorder and I experience brain fog during panic attacks. My shrink is always checking in regarding that. Anyway, I suggest to stick to dutasteride for a moment. One day when it’s unbearable for you, take a break or ditch it. I suspect you’ll be ok : )
Now help me find some sort of validation to upgrade to dutasteride. finasteride at 5mg gas 100% done sh*t for me. Perhaps it slowed down my loss but I don’t know.
Bro why Are you on spironolactone ??? That's female hormone what are you doing?

What I mean by brainfog is like when somebody is talking in front of you there is like a f'cking gas in my brain that I cannot focus The street lights sometimes does not feel the real color It's like I am gassed I don't know how to explain there are some websites that I found right now they say anxiety and brainfog is related these are the claims..

https://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support/online-forums/anxiety/brain-fog-and-tiredness-24-7

https://www.healthyplace.com/anxiet.../is-there-a-cure-for-brain-fog-due-to-anxiety

KSA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would not recommend dutasteride to anyone, I think finasteride is strong enough. Remember, having perfect hair is not the goal here, only for some vain, deluded individuals. If you aren't bald and at least have some sort of hairline (if you get a transplant to achieve this to at least frame your face with a buzzcut), this is enough to get out of slick bald, infinite forehead purgatory.

For people who want their thick Norwood 1's back, and are willing to take drugs like dutasteride, estrogen, spironolactone, this is insane to me.

What is your reason to not recommend Dutasteride?

Dennis1775

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

You also seem to not have any point we are blocking the DHT 68% on finasteride already then why not block 96 percent with dutasteride?

KSA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro why Are you on spironolactone ??? That's female hormone what are you doing?

What I mean by brainfog is like when somebody is talking in front of you there is like a f'cking gas in my brain that I cannot focus The street lights sometimes does not feel the real color It's like I am gassed I don't know how to explain there are some websites that I found right now they say anxiety and brainfog is related these are the claims..

https://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support/online-forums/anxiety/brain-fog-and-tiredness-24-7

https://www.healthyplace.com/anxiet.../is-there-a-cure-for-brain-fog-due-to-anxiety
I am no longer in spironolactone, and for me, I had almost no feminising effect. It is an extremely weak anti androgen but if it helps you are you’re comfortable with it, I say go for it. Kindly note spironolactone is an anti hypertensive on label and was prescribed to men for years, and occasionally still is. Cheers

Dennis1775

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am no longer in spironolactone, and for me, I had almost no feminising effect. It is an extremely weak anti androgen but if it helps you are you’re comfortable with it, I say go for it. Kindly note spironolactone is an anti hypertensive on label and was prescribed to men for years, and occasionally still is. Cheers
Have your feelings changed at all on finasteride?

whatintheworld

Reaction score
You also seem to not have any point we are blocking the DHT 68% on finasteride already then why not block 96 percent with dutasteride?

I'm too busy at the moment to provide you with specific numbers, but I will tell you use google scholar to answer the following questions:

1. Do you believe there is a cut-off where reducing DHT enough can give us our desired result of slowing down / halting our hairloss, but it is still in the "safe zone" of not over-reducing DHT? As a follow up to this, do you think that it is irrelevant to our biology as men if you reduce 28% more DHT on dutasteride vs finasteride?

2. What types of DHT does dutasteride reduce vs finasteride? Why is this important?

3. What is the half life of dutasteride vs finasteride?

washed_up

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would be pretty crazy if a hair loss forum didn't talk about one of the few available options for hair treatment. dutasteride is an off-label option that some people use but no one should be listening to recommendations from internet strangers.

Dennis1775

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would be pretty crazy if a hair loss forum didn't talk about one of the few available options for hair treatment. dutasteride is an off-label option that some people use but no one should be listening to recommendations from internet strangers.
Is that why Some crazy motherf'ckin celebrities used it too.With brainfog? For what expense this drug keeps people's hair?