How Close Is Your System To Your Original Hair Style?

Mbow10

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just got the call that my first system is in and to call to schedule the cut in. So of course now I have a million questions running thru my head. But after the last few weeks of running all over forums like this, and some just skipping thru hundreds of pages just looking for threads with photos, I was wondering how close your system is to your natural hair STYLE.

I guess this goes for both those who still had hair and those that are/were completely bald getting a full cap. I realize you can have any style you want, but do most opt for a brand new look, or try to get it back to what it once was? Is it like of like, once they plop the system down and start cutting you direct them to how your hair used to look? I hope this makes some sense.

Also, to start I'm getting coverage for my crown. Big loss there thats moving back and creeping foward as well, but styled a certain way I can hide my receding forehead hairline with my natural hair. When the guy walked behind my chair the first time, just looked at my head and said "Oh yeah thats easy." He thinks I can get 2 maybe 3 systems out of one stock piece for the area i'm missing.

So my final question, is if the system is only covering the crown would he be able to cut it so it adds some volume moving foward toward my face? Like, could the hair up front I still have left (albeit thinning a good bit) be able to be messed in with the piece covering my crown to create a fuller look from the front as opposed to just covering the areas people see from the back? I hope these questions make sense and I will clarify if anyone is nice enough to reach out. I will use this thread to later post my before pics and then once I get cut in.

shookwun

Reaction score
depends on your native hair, and is condition.

A hair piece essentially provides thick-course non DHT effected hair.

If you have nappy, weak hair it will look fake. Which is why you need to take in consideration the state of your hair before considering a partial or a full topper.

Noah

Reaction score
I think most guys, if they have any coverage left, initially try to mimic the same style as they had, only a bit better. I've even seen a few people wearing a system with a comb-over, Terry Wogan-style. But once you are over the transition, and people have subconsciously got used to you having thicker hair, you can change it up. The whole point of having a system is that you can have luscious thick beautiful hair which you can style in the latest fashion if you want, rather than just eking a few weak miserable hairs out to cover the bare spots.

minos2026

Reaction score
"...But once you are over the transition, and people have subconsciously got used to you having thicker hair, you can change itup..."
Noah! you're like a therapist. At first I thought I have to tell every body about my system (and i was) one day someone toldme to stop doing that and wait for people reaction... even on my bad hair days with crapy hairline, wrinkles on the system and even spiders walking around, nobody has looked twice my head

Mbow10

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, good advice as always.

FINALLY just made my appointment for my first cut in after playing phone tag for a few days with the guy. The bad news is I can't get in for 2 more weeks. The good news is its a couple days before a holiday weekend and I will also be heading out soon after that for another long weekend away. *Maybe* that will help with no tipping off coworkers since it'll be about 10 days since I will see most of them.

The iffy news...is it not recommended to go on vacation so soon since its my very first system? I will have about 1 day to get used to it then heading out of town for 3 days with friends for a football game. So not even sure I should wear a ballcap that soon after, which is what I normally would do at games instead of worrying about styling hair. I then return to work for 2 days before heading on a 3 day trip to the beach. I'm going alone so thats not a big deal other than having a new system out in that sun.

Is it advisable to do all that so soon after having my very first system?

Noah

Reaction score
It should be OK Mbow. It sounds like you will be able to give the adhesive a full 24 hours to cure before the sports start.

My advice would be to relax and don't put yourself under pressure. So to start with go for a style which doesn't have a fully exposed hairline, and if you are uneasy about the football just say you are suffering from food poisoning and sit it out. You will definitely be able to do all these activities, but you should allow yourself time to get used to the system at your own pace.

Mbow10

My Regimen
Reaction score
I should clarify. I'm not playing anything haha. Going on a weekend trip to see a game. I was just concerned for a few reasons. Just days after I start wearing, I'll be in close quarters with many of my friends. Long car ride, hotel, then out in the natural sunlight while tailgating and at the game. Then bring the uncertainty of weather. Even if I had my own natural hair I normally always wear a hat in that situation, but wasnt sure if it would be a good idea with a brand new piece.

I should say tho, my friends arent really the issue. Pretty much the last time they've seen my hair was the end of last year when I had a nice hair cut and some concealer did a great job. Most of the time since then I've been around them, which wasn't much this year, I've worn hats. I really doubt my friends would think anything of me having more hair, as I THINK any of them could suspect thinning at best, I've been super super careful around them. I'm sure some coworkers tho may notice.

But it is nice I can do all those activities :)

Noah

Reaction score
Sunlight and rain shouldn't be a problem. There's also no reason why you shouldn't wear a hat with a piece. You will get "hat hair" when you take it off, but that is normal with growing hair too. Personally I think straw hats are better with systems than baseball caps, but that is probably just my personal preference.