How close are we to FUE using hair cloning?

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
My hearth Say 5 years

My Brain Say 10 years
My gut says 5 years for supplemental treatment (breezula, kx826, etc), 10 years for alternative treatment to prevent balding (gt20029), 20 years for stem cell therapy that actually works.

My biggest fear is this scenario:

Suppose gt20029 or something comes out and it is extremely effective at prevention. Then what incentive is there to cure balding when the bald people who are far gone are just going to die out and no one is going to need treatment? The cure for baldness may never come because of this.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
My gut says 5 years for supplemental treatment (breezula, kx826, etc), 10 years for alternative treatment to prevent balding (gt20029), 20 years for stem cell therapy that actually works.

Suppose gt20029 or something comes out and it is extremely effective at prevention. Then what incentive is there to cure balding when the bald people who are far gone are just going to die out and no one is going to need treatment? The cure for baldness may never come because of this.
There would still be a need for cloning or multiplication to cure scarring alopecia

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
There would still be a need for cloning or multiplication to cure scarring alopecia
But it is extremely rare and probably not profitable. It always comes down to money. The most common form of balding is male pattern baldness and if the only men who are bald are men who just decided to let it happen in the first place then they won't be willing to pay for an expensive hair transplant.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
But it is extremely rare and probably not profitable. It always comes down to money. The most common form of balding is male pattern baldness and if the only men who are bald are men who just decided to let it happen in the first place then they won't be willing to pay for an expensive hair transplant.
I would say it’s probably worthwhile for them if they’ve already invented the tech. Scarring alopecia can probably be covered by insurance too. And cosmetically, sometimes people want denser hair

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

20 years? i think stemson deliver cure much earlier

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
20 years? i think stemson deliver cure much earlier
Doubtful. I'm actually predicting that they fail along with tsuji. But in 2035 or something there would be some revolutionary work in general for stem cells and that will be applied to hair soon after.

froggy7

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Doubtful. I'm actually predicting that they fail along with tsuji. But in 2035 or something there would be some revolutionary work in general for stem cells and that will be applied to hair soon after.
why they will fail? fortunis guy said pig trial was sucsessfull...

DuncanOP

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Since we have many companies and entities that are working to make it happen, I hope this will be done until 2027.
Examples: TissUse, Stemson, Stemore, Tsuji, Yokohoma University, HairClone

By the way, someone knows about the status of Tissuse - Smart Hair Transplant? I think they will start a trial this year, last time I read about it.
But I not finding anything about this status in their website.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Since we have many companies and entities that are working to make it happen, I hope this will be done until 2027.

By the way, someone knows about the status of Tissuse - Smart Hair Transplant? I think they will start a trial this year, last time I read about it.
1622951384897.png

DuncanOP

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I think you must consider the people that don't like to use drugs. Will not be rare people who prefer to go bald and then have a transplant with hair cloning instead of taking medication for the rest of their lives.

So, I think the market for hair clone always will exist (Or maybe until the gene edition to remove baldness o_O)

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you must consider the people that don't like to use drugs. Will not be rare people who prefer to go bald and then have a transplant with hair cloning instead of taking medication for the rest of their lives.

So, I think the market for hair clone always will exist (Or maybe until the gene edition to remove baldness o_O)
Gene therapy would be ideal but balding isn't just 1 gene it's just too complicated to pinpoint. Even if they find a few genes that they could edit, it is believed that there are a couple hundred factors in play.

Marcaronii

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

HairClone useless company lol

Mighty

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I get being optimistic for your own sanity that's great
Being optimistic is good at first, but then the years start to pile up. One, two, three, four, five years... Look at the time lost to the pandemic alone.

A pragmatic thinking is the best way to deal with hair loss. A hair loss cure will be welcome, but it will also be sideline news for me. I am happy I broke free from this cycle of optimism and disappointment. It is toxic cycle.

Reactions: H

DuncanOP

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Gene therapy would be ideal but balding isn't just 1 gene it's just too complicated to pinpoint. Even if they find a few genes that they could edit, it is believed that there are a couple hundred factors in play.
I agree
HairClone useless company lol
I agree, not choose a good example
stemore too
Why?
It seems legit to me

ADP

Reaction score
1.Unlikely
2.Impossible
3.They've already been demonstrated to grow for multiple cycles

20 years is crazy. By that time Tsuji will be cloning livers
I remember back in the year ~2002, one regular poster from another forum said early 2004 while another guy said not before 2015. Everyone bashed the guy who said 2015. Other predictions were 5 years away back then and 5 years away now. Don't get me wrong. I want this as soon as possible but history has shown that it takes time and often LUCK!

Reactions: H

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
I remember back in the year ~2002, one regular poster from another forum said early 2004 while another guy said not before 2015. Everyone bashed the guy who said 2015. Other predictions were 5 years away back then and 5 years away now. Don't get me wrong. I want this as soon as possible but history has shown that it takes time and often LUCK!
This tech is at least 20 years away because the technology AND medical advancements are not there yet. Remember they are trying to clone an organ. Have we been able to do this with other organs? No, the best we have potentially is stem cells and so far the stem cell treatments don't seem to be very effective. You need a big breakthrough in medical research and the technological advancement to effectively give you an application. Even if they have a proven concept to grow new hairs, what makes you think those hairs are going to grow long? Have growth cycles? Not get rejected? Cost effective? Efficient? I think the best we can get in 20 years is the graft yields being near perfect with minimal scarring. That way a guy can just move every hair from the sides to the scalp and have not horrible scarring and very few lost grafts.