How Can Dht Sensitivity Be So Stubborn?

Raphael13

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it really that hard to "counter attack" DHT if you are sensitive to it? Nothing seems to affect it even the slightest, no supplements, oils, shampoos etc. And even the medicine that works (minoxidil, finasteride) are quite weak and works for some and not for others. I'd like to think that we are an intelligent spieces that made it quite far, yet this "tiny" problem seems so hard to figure out.

Seeker988

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is your regime not working well?? You always seemed to be cool but this post suggests otherwise.:oops::(

Raphael13

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is your regime not working well?? You always seemed to be cool but this post suggests otherwise.:oops::(

Haha im not taking anything and I dont think i will either, just was a general question. Dht seems to be way stronger/stubborn than one would think. What we know is that it robs ur hair of nutrients and vitamins etc (if u are sensitive to it). Still nothing works. Strange xD

Whoever finds the cure will be rich for eternity.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
DHT is simple to overwhelm. The problem is most men aren't willing to do what it takes to do that. I can guarantee if you were to use finasteride/dutasteride, oral minoxidil, spironolactone/androcur, and low dose estrogen you would stop male pattern baldness with a good chance of regrowth.

Raphael13

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
DHT is simple to overwhelm. The problem is most men aren't willing to do what it takes to do that. I can guarantee if you were to use finasteride/dutasteride, oral minoxidil, spironolactone/androcur, and low dose estrogen you would stop male pattern baldness with a good chance of regrowth.

If it wasnt for side effects of fina/duta i would be on them until i died haha. But i dont like the sides, even if everyone doesnt get it...

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
If it wasnt for side effects of fina/duta i would be on them until i died haha. But i dont like the sides, even if everyone doesnt get it...
Is it fair to say you would rather be bald than risk the side effects? What Norwood are you?

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it really that hard to "counter attack" DHT if you are sensitive to it? Nothing seems to affect it even the slightest, no supplements, oils, shampoos etc. And even the medicine that works (minoxidil, finasteride) are quite weak and works for some and not for others. I'd like to think that we are an intelligent spieces that made it quite far, yet this "tiny" problem seems so hard to figure out.

I consistently dropped my DHT well below the low point... lost more hair than ever for an entire year. DHT is only half the story.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would say NW1. 5 - NW2. I You got good hair for you age I'm jealous haha.

@INT That's entirely subjective and your opinion. Good health is great to have but in my opinion I see no point in a physically healthy life with a very unhealthy mental state. The side effects hair loss drugs have are mostly hormonal and hardly impact your overall health anyway. Would you tell a trans person they don't have respect for their own bodies because they choose to use these drugs which help their mental state tremendously? Chances are you probably wouldn't. Now I'm not trans but the same principles apply, I really don't want to be bald and it's the number one cause of my anxiety which Ive been prescribed antidepressants and anti anxiety medication for.
Don't be closed minded, you can still live a perfectly healthy and HAPPIER life using anti androgens. If I find success I hope I can drop my other medications.

INT

Reaction score

@INT That's entirely subjective and your opinion. Good health is great to have but in my opinion I see no point in a physically healthy life with a very unhealthy mental state. The side effects hair loss drugs have are mostly hormonal and hardly impact your overall health anyway. Would you tell a trans person they don't have respect for their own bodies because they choose to use these drugs which help their mental state tremendously? Chances are you probably wouldn't. Now I'm not trans but the same principles apply, I really don't want to be bald and it's the number one cause of my anxiety which Ive been prescribed antidepressants and anti anxiety medication for.
Don't be closed minded, you can still live a perfectly healthy and HAPPIER life using anti androgens. If I find success I hope I can drop my other medications.

Hormonal=physical.

I don't know enough about transgenders to form an opinion on that but I do know a lot about finasteride. I am also not saying that you cannot be happy while on anti androgens. Even though I have suffered a great deal from finasteride myself, I would still recommend most guys to at least give it a shot if acceptance is too hard for them. However, at the first signs of sides I would recommend quiting right away.

abcdefg

Reaction score
I consistently dropped my DHT well below the low point... lost more hair than ever for an entire year. DHT is only half the story.

True. The other part of the story is how sensitive is your hair to androgens? Lots of hairs might have been effected by DHT before they even miniaturize so you remove DHT but the process is already at play. Maybe for some men this process is more reversible then in others. The problem is like most questions no one really knows.
30 years after propecia and we still wonder why hair is sensitive to DHT in the first place. Why is it sensitive to androgens at all what changes? Important questions really

Raphael13

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

It is still good (knock knock on wood) but im seeing signs of frontal recession.

Raphael13

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Health>hair.

Everyone who says otherwise simply has not enough respect for his/her own body.

It is true. But for many of us, unfortunately, the hair means too much. Specially for me who looks below average. With my faded hairstyle and beard I can at least pull off a decent looks. I simply look awful as bald, which affects me.

Dar

Established Member
Reaction score
It is true. But for many of us, unfortunately, the hair means too much. Specially for me who looks below average. With my faded hairstyle and beard I can at least pull off a decent looks. I simply look awful as bald, which affects me.
You are being to hard on yourself.

shookwun

Reaction score
Is recommending someone a tranny cocktail mix the new standard around here?

big 3 or bust.

Is the new standard to become a beta feminine male? being a hairloss twink is not something anyone should strive for.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is recommending someone a tranny cocktail mix the new standard around here?

big 3 or bust.

Is the new standard to become a beta feminine male? being a hairloss twink is not something anyone should strive for.
If the big 3 worked for me I wouldn't be resorting to extreme regimens, I don't want to but if it's what it takes then that's what I'm going to do.