How Can Companies Like Quiff & Co Possibly Exist?

throwaway322879

My Regimen
Reaction score
Serious question here guys, in genuinely perplexed.

Granted I'm still somewhat novice in the whole scheme of hair systems, this has me baffled.

I have spoken to a few companies now and most claim that all hair systems come from the same factory or place in China. Some even claimed that the whole "European" hair thing is just a gimmick and it all comes from India, Asia anyway.

Anyway. How does a company like Quiff and Co possibly succeed in charging 2000GBP for your initial custom unit and 1000GBP for every unit there after when one can easily do the research to make a free template, color match and order through top lace, north west lace etc.

Am I missing something here? Is there something so insanely special about quiff and co that they can charge literally 10 X as much as the next company besides very successful marketing? Is their quality somehow superior?

If you don't know who I'm referring to search them on YouTube or Facebook.

Noah

Reaction score
Well, they are joining a long line of hair system vendors who have taken huge mark-ups on a product which they were able to source cheaply. Hair Club is the most obvious, but from what I understand it was the norm until the Internet era. I think you could argue that the hair systems which are available on the Net are underpriced considering the work that goes into them and the difference they can make to your quality of life. These guys are seeking to arbitrage that underpricing and appropriate it for themselves. They can (at least to some extent) do that because of public ignorance about hair systems, which in turn is the result of the embarrassment surrounding hairloss and prosthetic hair. People are reluctant to talk about these subjects, and therefore there is a lack of good information in the public domain about what hair systems are and how they can look. Any time there is an imbalance of information, there is scope for someone to exploit that imbalance for profit. Here you have two handsome plausible young guys doing just that.

In fairness to them, they do seem to be offering a genuine product, albeit one which you could buy elsewhere for a lot less, and so far as I am aware they are not making any claims for their products which are untrue - on the contrary, they are being pretty frank. When 'Stevie' pulls his piece off showing all the gunky glue and matted down stubble underneath, I think that is a more honest portrayal of reality than many hairpiece places show you, with their seamless fades from bald to coiffed.

Andrew Butler

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi throwaway322879 !

Although I cannot directly comment on the business model and quality of other companies and their products, I would like to introduce you to ladlox.com

We have years of experience within the hair industry and would be more than happy to help you with any queries or advice you may require. We offer hairsytems from £299 and pride ourselves on customer service to cater to your needs.

I hope this is of help :)