how bad is this (pics)

G

Very bad for a 17 year old. Your hair will go fast if you don´t take action soon.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
Very bad for a 17 year old. Your hair will go fast if you don´t take action soon.

forgive Taug,he always sees the glass as half empty

you still have good hair and plenty of it,you may want to go to your doctor and ask about a propecia prescription........i know you're under 18 but he may be ok with giving you it........so long as you have done growing.

if you cant get it off off him id say wait til 18 then jump on it,in the mean time use nizoral 2% shampoo about 3 times a week,leave it in your hair for 5 minutes then wash out

if you start treatments now you could well still have that same hair by the time you're 25.

hopefully by that time better treatments will be available but you might not even need them if propecia carries on doing its job for ya

good luck :)

RaginDemon

Reaction score
whats wrong with his hair?

it looks perfect to me

bababa

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, your hair looks perfectly normal for a 17 year old.... I think some of you boys are on this forum far too much.

Reaction score
i dunno, whats worring me worst is the amount of hairs i loose when i take a shower :p i posted a pic of that to. i notice some of the hair i drop is really thin and others are thik i know that cant be good >.< . also all my dads family is bald so im really worried :(

SoThatsLife

Established Member
Reaction score
You should check if anyone in your family started balding THAT early..17 is early..im 24 and just started thinning this year..

are you under stress,bad diet, bad hair regime?

Go see a good derm is the best advice

ps1freak

Established Member
Reaction score
Taugenichts said:

You have got to be kidding me. You may think you are trying to be honest, but you know nothing about this kid's background. That kind of statement is unnecessary.

Anyways, your hair has receded alil and you are probably a Norwood 2. But you know what, that does not mean you will go bald. My friend was a Norwood 2 when we were 16, and he is still a Norwood 2 and same thickness today. He follows his fathers pattern, which is Norwood 2 and same thickness but greying later in life.

Look at your family history first, and if you feel you have lost a lot in the last few months, consult a well trusted derm and have him map out your hair for miniaturization.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
yeah its pretty much genetic

Reaction score
ok thx, i was looking at some photos of my dad and i noticed that he definatly had all his hair till his 30s, its when i was born he started to loose all his hair :

also the thin hair im dropping is probably from the temple area right?

HairyPotter

Established Member
Reaction score
Your hair is not too bad, your male pattern baldness pattern looks very similar to mine at the moment (your hair is a bit better than mine). Im around a NW2 w/ diffuse thinning..

However, your only 17 and I dont want to sound negative or anything but most of the time when you start losing it that young it tends to be aggressive male pattern baldness.

If I were you I would keep close watch of my hair by taking pics every couple of months and if it continues to thin or recede then I would look at my options (either shave it and forget about it, or fight it by getting on Propecia, or Nizoral, or Rogaine, or a combination of the 3).

Although I would kind of be cautious of getting on anything that messes with hormones at your age such as Propecia or Dutasteride because your still very young.

I have been using Propecia, Minoxidil, and Nizoral for about 2 1/2 - 3 years now. I got on it when I was 22 and although I continue to thin slowly but surely, my hairline hasn't receeded too much. I think it has helped in maintenance but who knows, it might have been same if I never used any meds at all or it could have been a lifesaver. Do alot of research, think it through, and make an informed decision if you choose to use the meds. Good luck!