How Bad Is My Hair Loss And What Should I Do?

Geovani

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been too 3 derms and they have all diagnosed me with telogen effluvium but i think they’re crazy. Should i get on dutesteride?

Attachments

• 7BCEDE07-98E9-4621-A0FF-D47807E85344.jpeg
    7BCEDE07-98E9-4621-A0FF-D47807E85344.jpeg
    103.2 KB · Views: 189
  • CB93CA44-2856-48FC-9A5D-6BDD71FA7845.jpeg
    CB93CA44-2856-48FC-9A5D-6BDD71FA7845.jpeg
    70.9 KB · Views: 167
  • 33F7DC66-D563-4ABC-BBDE-6DC98846713E.jpeg
    33F7DC66-D563-4ABC-BBDE-6DC98846713E.jpeg
    54.9 KB · Views: 165

Geovani

My Regimen
Reaction score
Female derms are retarded I STG. Considering seeing a male derm if you can.
But they have reason to believe it’s Telogen Effluvium. 2 monthes ago i had a full head of hair no thinning at all then out of no where my hair started thinning? Thats what confuses me.

Anthonydbz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It probobly is Telogen Effluvium because balding is gradual. You don’t lose that much hair in 2 months. I would get on a dht blocker just incase.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But they have reason to believe it’s Telogen Effluvium. 2 monthes ago i had a full head of hair no thinning at all then out of no where my hair started thinning? Thats what confuses me.
Telogen Effluvium does not have a pattern. It causes hair loss all over the head. You have Androgenetic Alopecia unfortunately, start an AA if you want to keep your hair.

Geovani

My Regimen
Reaction score
Telogen Effluvium does not have a pattern. It causes hair loss all over the head. You have Androgenetic Alopecia unfortunately, start an AA if you want to keep your hair.
Thanks for the info. Im guessimg the derms lied to me?

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dont know if they lied on purpose. But from what I know, Telogen Effluvium does not have a pattern. You seem to loose here from the middle top only. I do not think it is Telogen Effluvium.

Geovani

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dont know if they lied on purpose. But from what I know, Telogen Effluvium does not have a pattern. You seem to loose here from the middle top only. I do not think it is Telogen Effluvium.
I went too three different derma just to be sure that its not male pattern baldness and they have also told its Telogen Effluvium. Am i crazy or are they lying to me? I thought dermatologists aren’t to supposed to lie to you?

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I went too three different derma just to be sure that its not male pattern baldness and they have also told its Telogen Effluvium. Am i crazy or are they lying to me? I thought dermatologists aren’t to supposed to lie to you?
What I’ve learned from many others, people here are more educated on the hair loss topic than most derms.

If its Telogen Effluvium or Androgenetic Alopecia, you can be on the cautious side and start treatment. But from your photos, I am almost certain its Androgenetic Alopecia.

Bornwithacurse225

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks a little bad. I would try mild treatments like low dose finasteride and throw like rosemary and perppermint oil on your scalp too

mryellowman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is no such thing as "telogen effluvium" unless you are a woman given birth or under some serious medical conditions.