How are bald men treated in Asia?

cuebald

Reaction score
I wonder why Asian girls go for Whites so much... do they think we are all mega rich or something?
You see them going with the ugliest, fattest, baldest trolls that no woman over here would go near.

Boondock

Reaction score
A few reasons:

1. White is celebrated as good looking in most of Asia. Many like the look.

2. Whites have the same reputation for having big dongs that blacks do in the West.

3. Generally whites are wealthier.

4. Generally white men treat women better. Just not beating your wife is good treatment in some of these countries.

5. Some women we consider great looking are not considered great looking in their home countries.

6. Some women who are eligible for us are not eligible for marriage out in Asia. For example, in some countries a divorced woman is frowned upon - we don't care so much.

7. Sadly, some simply want the Green Card.

helpwithhair

Reaction score
There is also the perception (though not always accurate with expats) that the white man is less likely to cheat on his gf than his Asian counterpart. Countries like Japan, Vietnam, Korea, thailand and China have rampant (pardon the pun) playboy cultures where it is far more socially acceptable to cheat on your gf with hookers, hostesses and anyone you can pick up as long as no one finds out in public.

Vox

Established Member
Reaction score
Boondock said:
4. Generally white men treat women better. Just not beating your wife is good treatment in some of these countries.
And women's position in society is much better in the West than in the East. Probably the most important reason. Living in these countries as a woman is just unbearable by our standards. I know a number of Japanese girls that have married white men for this reason alone.

ineedmyhair

Reaction score
For asian girls who like whtie men better than asian guys are the ones usually with a lower education and never live(or travel) in a west country before. :innocent: Mostly of them just want to be "cool" since white men are rare in Asian countries, and going out with them just make them cool in front of other girls i think. They probably wouldn't want to get marry with a white man unless she finds out that a white man is rich. That's the situation in Hong Kong since Hong Kong guys treat women so damn nice(Hong Kong is a very westerizned city due to colonize for 100 years by England) and most hk girls would want to spend the rest of their life with hk guys who have similar culture with them. But in China mainalnd, man, if you're white, those Chinese girls would jump on you and try to get you for a green card. lol I went to a club in China and I have a green card, man, those girls in the club couldn't wait to get to know me just because i lived at the USA and have a green card..

helpwithhair

Reaction score
Its the opposite in Japan

Here the educated ladys and the ones with international experience are the ones hunting for the foreign men and in a country where 99.2% of the population is Japanese almost 6% of the women who got married last year got married to foreign men.

Also Japanese men are not like korean or Chinese men, they are so affectionate or kind to their women.

bigentries

Established Member
Reaction score
helpwithhair said:
Here the educated ladys and the ones with international experience are the ones hunting for the foreign men and in a country where 99.2% of the population is Japanese almost 6% of the women who got married last year got married to foreign men.
From past experiences with japanese people of higher classes I always assumed that relationships with foreigners were really frowned upon

corinthians

Reaction score
To the original poster, baldies aren’t treated too well. I lived in South Korea for a year about five years ago, but back then I had hair. Koreans don't really go bald so much when they're young. Those that do are made fun of. It's kind of a shameful thing for someone to go bald there. And generally speaking, Korean girls don't like bald guys that much. There are some exceptions, but it's not that common. I mean, most of the guys there have pretty good hair, so why would girls date someone with no hair?

I'm back in the US and I shave my head because I'm losing my hair and I have a Korean girlfriend now. She told me that baldness is looked down upon in Korean culture. She had said that when she was back in Korea, she probably would never have dated a bald guy, but her opinion changed when she moved to the US. I also met her parents when they came to visit her and they didn't like me because I was bald. She told me that was the only reason. They didn't seem to mind that I was white, but the baldness thing really upset them. The mother refused to look at me and I could see how uncomfortable the father was when I picked them up at the airport. I wasn't totally surprised about them being disappointed, but I was shocked at how extreme their negativity was and still is. The fact that I have a grad degree, good job, treat her well and come from a very good family is irrelevant and they won’t accept me because of my lack of hair. I still can’t believe how petty they are.

So, if you end up meeting a Korean girl and things get serious enough where you end up meeting the parents, please be wary of how they might react and that they will judge you based on your appearance.

Asian (especially Korean) culture is very superficial and outside appearances are very important. Most girls there have had some form of plastic surgery and more guys are starting to get cosmetic surgery too because they think it will help them with their career. I’ve also been to other Asian countries and I get the feeling that baldness, while looked down upon, doesn’t harness the same type of negativity as South Korea. More Chinese and Japanese go bald compared to Koreans, so maybe it’s somewhat more accepted for that reason.

Commenting on relationships with foreigners. In Korea, it’s usually frowned upon, but I hear it’s gotten a little better. Again, appearance is VERY important, so if you’re tall and handsome and have hair, it would be less of a problem. But now a lot of Korean men are marrying foreign women (from China, Vietnam, Philippines, etc.) because Korean women have just gotten too picky and want someone spectacular. Japan is more open, especially in the bigger cities. China too, though I hear it’s actually getting worse since China has gotten richer since there is more xenophobia. But it’s nowhere near as bad as Korea. Though Korea is quite modern now and there are many impressive things about it, the people there are way more homogenous and insular compared to other Asians.

barcafan

Reaction score
I like these little stories about asian countries. Baldies looking to get laid should go on vacation in japan.

ozadam

Reaction score
Im Australian in Korea now, 32yo and very bald... nw4-5 strongly diffuse on top but almost slick in areas, I have some at the front and can make myself look like i have some hair with some toppik and combing my hair to a mohawkish type thing hehe, my face looks very young so i can get away with it.

Im here with my gf for 3 months, we met in sydney almost a year ago and have spent every minuet together ever since, she is a 20yo and very beautiful.. we met after i lost all my money and had to move into student accommodation for a while.. im fairly broke still... not all asian girls will just go for money/green cards/whatever and especially korean girls.. dont confuse asian girls with south east asian girls.

I do wear hats a lot now and it is a problem for my gf but its something we will overcome together. Its sad that her parents would never accept me, being broke, old, bald and foreign.....

Everyone is beautiful here.. hehe guys and girls, its very cold and everyone wears hats so im ok, im more conscious of my teeth and skin at the moment:)

cuebald

Reaction score
How does your girlfriend feel about your baldness Ozadam? Is she just bothered because you always wear hats or does she dislike the fact that you are bald? Were you a NW1 when you met her?

ozadam

Reaction score
I was slightly balder when I met her 12 months ago, I didnt wear hats so often then but i got a bit more concious since she is so young. She has a great sence of style and we have found some very cool hats together. In Sydney I would go out for business or to trade shows with her and not wear a hat, I would get a lot of looks hehe, she does look stunning. With a hat on I look 26-28, without i look 32-36

It does bother her my hair, in korea im sure we would never go out without me wearing a hat, its 4 degrees c and bellow here now and many koreans wear hats anyway.

I will get a single session fue soon maybe with dr armani in india or dr woods in my home town. Im looking into a hair peice, even just to meet her parents, its not an option for her to bring a bald white much older guy home..

Im fairly ok with my hairloss these days but im still doing everything that i can