Hormone Replacement Therapy Reverted My Androgenetic Alopecia

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, you look really good with female facial characteristics. Also, the hair is impressive. In the after pic, you have much more happiness in your eyes. This is working out well for you and I wish you continued success. :)

IamZhea

Reaction score
Awesome post with a lot of detail. I'm transgender as well. I am 2 months HRT, 3.5 months finasteride. Seeing a ton of regrowth already! Cheers.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ugh.. Why must I choose between masculinity and hair? One is no use to me without the other.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Indeed a great result. Good luck in your journey!

hlt4678

Reaction score
Thank you for making such a detailed thread about your transition! I hope to be in a position where I can make a similar post sometime next year, if my hrt goes well. After having a crappy week with my hair situation and dysphoria, finding this fills me up with so much hope. After ten months, your skin looks so much smoother and full of life.

Am I right in assuming you doing this without any growth stimulants like minoxidil?

Ruby

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@chillvisio Stories like yours here, and on the other forum site too, just confirm that much more that I need to embrace my own transition and quit second-guessing myself. I've waited far too long for this.

I have my HRT meds in hand today, and a 3 day holiday weekend starting tomorrow, so after I get home from work tomorrow afternoon, the Big Journey Begins :eek:

This way if I have a bad reaction to my first dose of spironolactone, I'll have a couple days to recover.

hlt4678

Reaction score
@hlt4678 You got it right. No minoxidil or any other growth stimulant. Sometimes I'm asking myself would it be a better idea to just get a minoxidil foam and enjoy greater hair regrowth at faster rate or just wait and see when regrowth slows down and if it's not enough at that point, try minoxidil.
/QUOTE]

My understanding of minoxidil is that it kicks your hair follicles out of the resting phase and keeps it in the growth phase for longer, thereby increasing the likelyhood of your hair getting better in a shorter period of time. The problem is that many people on these boards have been saying that once you have had success with minoxidil you really have to use it forever, otherwise you have a massive shed if you try to quit.

Given that DHT is no longer a significant problem for trans women and the follicles are not deteriorating / dying it may actually be better to play the patience game and see what hrt alone can do. This is what I intend to do. I personally don't want the trouble of having to apply minoxidil twice a day for the rest of my life so if I can avoid it.

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I will not say more than Good Luck.

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@chillvisio Yeah, but currently they are a bit receded. I just lost systematic mechanics to put minoxidil twice a day. Sometimes i even forget to eat finasteride pill. I just wont care till balding will not gonna be noticeable again i think :)). But lets hope no.

EDIT : Ehh.. I cant hang it anymore. I could easly leave it but.. wanted to say that really i dont tolerate something like HRT but.. If you're really happy.. stick with it. I am gonna be happy with you. Good luck.

Last edited:

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
hey chilvisio , i am currenty on 5 mg finasteride , but i don't want any feminizing effect ^^
It can't cause gyno according to you ?

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh, thank you :) I really like better the way that I look now. There certainly are some things to fix only with SRS, but I look overall happier than pre-HRT. It's not only the hair regrowth that made me look happier.

Your hair looks great.

And you're thirty years old.

When did you first start losing your hair.

You weren't very far gone from your first pictures (still had a decent amount of hair).

Would you say that's correct?

dustovshio

Reaction score
So did you notice further growth after discontinuing cypro and did you have a shed or anything like that or did you just grow most of it using cpa dn then maintain from there.