Hormonal Control Of Androgen Receptor Function Through Sirt1.

Squeegee 2.0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The NAD-dependent histone deacetylase Sir2 plays a key role in connecting cellular metabolism with gene silencing and aging. The androgen receptor (AR) is a ligand-regulated modular nuclear receptor governing prostate cancer cellular proliferation, differentiation, and apoptosis in response to androgens, including dihydrotestosterone (DHT). Here, SIRT1 antagonists induce endogenous AR expression and enhance DHT-mediated AR expression. SIRT1 binds and deacetylates the AR at a conserved lysine motif. Human SIRT1 (hSIRT1) repression of DHT-induced AR signaling requires the NAD-dependent catalytic function of hSIRT1 and the AR lysine residues deacetylated by SIRT1. SIRT1 inhibited coactivator-induced interactions between the AR amino and carboxyl termini. DHT-induced prostate cancer cellular contact-independent growth is also blocked by SIRT1, providing a direct functional link between the AR, which is a critical determinant of progression of human prostate cancer, and the sirtuins.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16923962

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
From the article: "...providing a direct functional link between the AR, which is a critical determinant of progression of human prostate cancer, and the sirtuins."

This is a random, some what educated extrapolation from mechanisms of SIRT1. This has me wondering if the long lost link to evolutionary baldness might be a survival factor whereby androgen receptors in the scalp evolved to uptake excess DHT to protect the organism from direct interaction with the prostate cells and thus protect from cancer, an increasing probability with age. (?) The side-effect of baldness had no impact on natural selection.

inmyhead

Reaction score
From the article: "...providing a direct functional link between the AR, which is a critical determinant of progression of human prostate cancer, and the sirtuins."

This is a random, some what educated extrapolation from mechanisms of SIRT1. This has me wondering if the long lost link to evolutionary baldness might be a survival factor whereby androgen receptors in the scalp evolved to uptake excess DHT to protect the organism from direct interaction with the prostate cells and thus protect from cancer, an increasing probability with age. (?) The side-effect of baldness had no impact on natural selection.
What? There are studies linking Baldness with heart disease and prostate cancer. So your theory is invalid.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What? There are studies linking Baldness with heart disease and prostate cancer. So your theory is invalid.

well since baldness is obv common in man (a study say 50% have AAG between 30-50years old source: PMC2938575), it's also common a good number of these guys may have prostate cancer or heart problem. It's like you look at obesity vs fit people or tall guys vs short guys, in this group maybe you will find some correlations or not. But still there will always be slick norwood 7 who will live 100years and norwood 0 who will die from heart attack at 40. This is the way it is. Studies are there to try to make science go forward. .. reading material ... I can't count how many times the cure has been found. Meanwhile scientists are still searching

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
The dht induced baldness is very complex chemical processe,it is so complex that scientists has been struggling to get at least first clue.I think there is more than biochemistry ,may be quantum biology would have something to say.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys baldness is just a form of aging. It really is. Its due to endolitheal dysfunction.

Dht is an androgenic stress hormone. Women are protected just like they are less likely to suffer from heart disease

Photon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If baldness is only aging, then all we need to do is take either NMN, Nicotinamide Riboside, or rapamycin. Careful with the last one, you're more likely to die from if before curing your baldness.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Baldness is aging but its skewed in one particular area. All tendons material in the body have very low blood flow they also happen to be the areas that take a long time to heal and sometime never heal right. these areas happen to mark the hairloss on the scalp because of the galea. When endothelial dysfunction occurs due to aging this area is hit first. This doesnt happen to women since estrogen is a huge vasodialator and less likely to suffer from this dysfunction. Two things have been associated with male pattern baldness metabolic syndrome and arteriosclerosis. These two things damage blood flow. In metabolic syndrome its the blood sugar levels. In arteriosclerosis is the hypertension leading to stiffness and eventually plaque and fibrosis. These two things plus oxidative damage plus the fact that people with male pattern baldness are highly susceptible to this damage in the scalp region due to higher androgenic reactions boom you get hairloss.

androgens can increase blood sugar significantly and can cause heart disease. Put two and two together. This is so far the best reason i truly believe in

Photon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So what does this all mean?

I'm about to start David Sinclair's stack of NR/NMN, Resveratrol, and Berberine (sub for metformin). NAD will theoretically increase. I'm also on finasteride.

Testing biological age before I start.
I'm on all that except NMN, I bought NR instead because the body supposedly absorbs it better. Resveratrol is a waste of time - it's too damn weak. I'm also taking 2,000mg of metformin daily. I don't know to what extent it has helped me though. The only way to check for biological age is through the size of telomeres or the dna dna clock.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm on all that except NMN, I bought NR instead because the body supposedly absorbs it better. Resveratrol is a waste of time - it's too damn weak. I'm also taking 2,000mg of metformin daily. I don't know to what extent it has helped me though. The only way to check for biological age is through the size of telomeres or the dna dna clock.
Hows your hair?

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So scalp tension theory then?

Btw, do you needle or do massages since that promotes bloodflow.

well scalp tension is part of the theory. Its not entirely scalp tension. But theres is tension that helps push the dysfunction. The real issue is the fact that these areas we lose hair i beleive already get less blood flow. All i want them to Do is Study the boood flow of a 55 year old man with no recession or balding and compare the temples top and back and if i am correct all males and females whether are balding or not will have more blood flow in the regions that tend to be immune to balding.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hairloss is aging to a degree but we’re forgetting it generally doesn’t happen on the sides or back until you’re 70+. Scalp theory still doesn’t make sense or we would see a linear type decline in density from top of the head to the sides and back whilst instead of you look at a nw7 it’s literally a perfect line - thick healthy hair on one side and slick nothing on the other.

ComeBackTemples

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So what does this all mean?

I'm about to start David Sinclair's stack of NR/NMN, Resveratrol, and Berberine (sub for metformin). NAD will theoretically increase. I'm also on finasteride.

Testing biological age before I start.

Planned to start the stack of NR/NMN and Resveratrol as well. Just wondering what supplements to use for that.
Can you share your NR regime?

If anyone has a good source for Resveratrol I am interested to hear it!

Photon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Planned to start the stack of NR/NMN and Resveratrol as well. Just wondering what supplements to use for that.
Can you share your NR regime?

If anyone has a good source for Resveratrol I am interested to hear it!
Why would you take NMN and NR when they do the same thing? Even worse, you'll need a reputable Alibaba source for NMN. You're better off taking Niagen from Amazon - it's expensive but at least you'll get legit NR. David Sinclair still takes resveratrol but he has said that it's extremely weak.

I have two tips from hearing his videos and reading his book.
1. If you do find legit NMN, place it in the fridge because it has an extremely low half-life. So buying bulk is a risk, you may want to freeze it if buying bulk.
2. Take NMM or NR or resveratrol with fat, either when you eat or you can eat it with a small spoonful of coconut oil. Sinclair has mentioned that it won't absorb for sh*t otherwise, specially resveratrol.