Hoping For A Future Versus Giving Up

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hoping can keep some of us breathing. And that's a good enough reason to lurk the forums from time to time.

But at the same time, how reasonable is it to hope at this point?

I don't want to give up. I don't want to be negative or bring anyone down. I believe Shiseido and Tsuji are real and promising. But saying that it's a sure shot, especially after reading posts on a discussion forum and some public (publicity?) statements here and there, are we really justified in thinking that we'll have more effective treatments or even a cure in just 5 years?

Lurking the posts here, one will realise that the things a lot of people are saying here is pretty much the same euphoria that existed a decade ago. Even then people thought hair loss will be a thing of the past soon. There are some guys here who make sense in their posts... And we all know they are diligent in their research.

But seriously, how optimistic can we be? Are we just deluding ourselves that we will have a cure in 5 years, like the men before us?

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
No. Deluding is failing to recognize or accept something that is counter to reality. With this stuff, we just don't know because we are not insiders to research. That's all. No biggie.

ffar1989

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In my personal opinion... Tsuji will be too expensive for most of us. So then if Shiseido will fail then is time to move on and accept it or live your life in pain. It may take another 15 years to reach point where we are now with waiting for Tsuji and Shisedio. It is because of restrictions, save data etc, etc...

No. Deluding is failing to recognize or accept something that is counter to reality. With this stuff, we just don't know because we are not insiders to research. That's all. No biggie.
Actually I agree. And I will add, that cosmetic business is much, much bigger and much more consumers are into it. Problem of hair loss is very well known in this business, and is much greater then it was 20 even 10 years ago i must say. I don't remember so many companies that offered wigs, hair fabric, "hair loss shampoo", hair thickening products... back then. Even in my country(Poland) hair transplant became popular. And there is no secret that if some company finally would find a solution for that, it would be massive $$$. I wish that would happen, but I remember when i was telling myself 10 years ago, that that in this year, i will have "problem" with choice of better hair loss treatment, rather then still waiting for it.

I strongly want to believe that Shiseido will be it. At least in cases like mine. I lost teen density, and hairline is hitting NW1.5, and I am 29. If i will follow my dad and grandfather(age 89 and hairs like Harrison Ford) thanks to Shiseido i would be able to have more then that.

Last edited:

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
Yeah this purgatory is harrowing. And yet I shudder to think how I’d feel if there was truly no hope.

I feel like we are all in the dark yet you have guys confidently asserting that the solution is coming soon. Some of them are obviously deranged or fantasists but some seem normal and that’s what confuses me. I want to believe though.

ffar1989

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would not call hair cloning a cure, rather treatment.
Maybe Hair Transplant evolve into something better? It would be great to achieve bigger density and have a procedure without shock loss of native hair that sometimes is permanent.

H

Reaction score
I would not call hair cloning a cure, rather treatment.
Maybe Hair Transplant evolve into something better? It would be great to achieve bigger density and have a procedure without shock loss of native hair that sometimes is permanent.
What would you call a cure for people who have already lost their hair and need some way to bring it back not just halting and maintenance but reversal?

ffar1989

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In my understanding cure for hair loss would be prevention form loosing it.
If you lost then you can get them back by treatment.

But that is not worth to discuss anyway. Whatatever it will be called, i would love to have it, rather debate, how to name it.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
What would you call a cure for people who have already lost their hair and need some way to bring it back not just halting and maintenance but reversal?

We are either missing a critical genetic component or different components in different people that supports pathways of hair follicle development or have a variant genetic component that blocks them unlike people with hair. We have now mapped the entire human genome and have the techniques to modify dna in living humans. Infecting your dna with the missing factors for hair by some means, possibly snips of viral carrier will be the cure. We're in prison, reaching through the bars at the keys hanging on the wall, touching them, moving them but not able to grasp. Yet.

SimonC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I do believe Seti and Fevi will become game changing. Stoping hair loss without any sides is the big step to right direction.
Guys which are only starting to lose hair can feel safe, because Seti and Fevi can stop it.

It will make treatment more effective, since there will no need to tolerate nasty side effects, therefore NW1-NW3 can feel pretty much good. Seti + hair transplant could completely solve hair loss problem.

ffar1989

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I do believe Seti and Fevi will become game changing. Stoping hair loss without any sides is the big step to right direction.
Guys which are only starting to lose hair can feel safe, because Seti and Fevi can stop it.

It will make treatment more effective, since there will no need to tolerate nasty side effects, therefore NW1-NW3 can feel pretty much good. Seti + hair transplant could completely solve hair loss problem.

I am hoping you are right.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
To the seti and fevi believers: please enlighten me. What is it about those two that make you so confident? Is it the one guy on the forum that swears by it? And I'm not saying this in a negative sarcastic manner fyi..did you see pics somewhere of results? Do you know someone in the seti trial? I can't believe no one on here is in the seti trial! Hard to believe. I want to be confident in this. I spent a good amount of time trying to find pics or feedback believe me. I would be very happy if an effective side free treatment came out but I have my doubts.

SimonC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To the seti and fevi believers: please enlighten me. What is it about those two that make you so confident? Is it the one guy on the forum that swears by it? And I'm not saying this in a negative sarcastic manner fyi..did you see pics somewhere of results? Do you know someone in the seti trial? I can't believe no one on here is in the seti trial! Hard to believe. I want to be confident in this. I spent a good amount of time trying to find pics or feedback believe me. I would be very happy if an effective side free treatment came out but I have my doubts.

1 - Several guys use different doses of Seti and report their experience. Pics included. - https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...wisstemple-prostaglandin-protocol-wish.98121/
2 - Studies - https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...ndin-protocol-wish.98121/page-64#post-1610434

ffar1989

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
SimonC it is a pill right?? What is present status of it?? I must admit, I am not quite familiar with Seti and Fevi...

SimonC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
SimonC it is a pill right?? What is present status of it?? I must admit, I am not quite familiar with Seti and Fevi...
No, this is a powder. Read this thread please (At least last 15-20 pages) - https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...swisstemple-prostaglandin-protocol-wish.98121

You will find all answers there.

When do we get our next seti trial update? Anyone know?
https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02781311

Allergan will finish their study on 5th of April.

real kombo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Which is better and where can I get them?

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow. The phase 2 trial is ending soon.
Unlike Japan, USA has three stages, right? So that means another 2-year trial... assuming that this result is favourable?