holyhair's story - (my st0ry a bit different)

holyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
Im 29 im a transvestite so going bald aint really a good idea.
For the ones who dont know its wyhen you dress and go out as a girl when yoru boy and drinka lot of drinks and have fun ;)

Have always had long hair since i was 16 or so.
It started to thin and some receding tempels in the 20s but not so much that i really cared.

then it must have moved back the hairline and killed my tempels in stages because one day i looked at picture where i got a real shock!

state of shock in the mirror when i used 2 mirrors (you never really see yourself from other angels then frontal usually).

felt like a stabb to the heart to see how really bad it had become.

some sort of denial must have been going on the last year somehow.

dyed my hair black.
cut it shorter (had it so it reached my belly button) reaches my shoulder s now.
worked for a while i guess.
But the state today is at the breaking point.

Got deep anxiety and suicidal thougts really.
Had i been a regular guy i guess i would have shaved it or perhaps not since it such a large part of my persona.

I started to surf the internet about regaine and found information about propecia.

used alot of time to read on internet and then started to seek help at the regular hospital.
The doctor i met was a real jerk and made it clear he didnt care or wanted to help me at all.

so i booked a time at a expensive private clinic with derm experts they do alot of surgery in estetics so i figured they would understand that it goes deeper then the skin how you look.

went as a girl to show why this was really killign me.

long talk and som inspection and i got a prescription for 1 year supply on propecia.

My story is like everyone else here but a bit different i guess.
Im from sweden (europe) also so i feel alot of the brands and stuff here are pretty much usa things.

Anyway.

I have been reading this forum alot and realised there are nto all sunshine like i thought when i got into this about propecia.

I started out on propecia alone with some daily multivitamins only nothing else.

Had no sides the first week but noticed i was more horny.
second week i started to feel anxiety.
third week i lost my sexhunger.
week four the deep anciety is bit better but i feel fogged and low.
Feel emotional and crie to movies.
Lost alot of agressions.

I she alot of hair...long hairs healthy hairs all with white bulbs.
Since i have loong hair i really notice when i losoe because they are everywhere in the bathtub in the sink etc.
First i wasnt sure.
Now i am im loosing alot of hair.
It filles me with sadness.
The front has gotten worse the tempels are showing more then ever.
the hair is thinner...hard to explain but think the hair is more flat and thinner notthick and lush.

I kept reading on about hair treatment while takign propecia.
I have added silica+ (a formula for hair nails and skin) and holy wood does it grow my nails...i think it should really give ammo to my hair cannons also.
I tried to get hold of nizoral and foud that a shampoo called fungoral is the same product in europe...really reallly expensive small bottels wich i use oen day a week since it made my scalp a little red.

All bad?

No not really..week4 it from absolutly nowhere sprouted out a few black hairs the lenght of a thumb..i was stunned..where did they come from and so fast? how can i tell its new hair?
well they sprouted in dead mans land i tell you..no way they been there before.

For the moemnt im quite sure im sprouting a few black hairs (i have light brown hair otherwise).

But its hard to tell also if the hair line is actually going forward or if im loosing due to heavy shedding...camera cant telol either its to small area to really document.

have this last week developed oily skin on the head.

Im not really sure if its worth thinning for a few sprouting black hairs.
It feel like a loss situation for the moment.

Its really taking a toll on the soul to se hairs fall out and so little improvement.

Im gonna do this for a full year anyway..i love my hair and its really worth to fight for.

I love/hate this forum....its depresseing with all the shedding posters and the oens telling you that yoru really a lost case.

But i try to focus on the success stories and hang in for the full year.

I have decided to not add rogaine or regaine but see what propecia really can do for me alone for a year.

One thing i have thought about alot is all talk about to maintain only on propecia..when most pplp clearly post that they get thin hair and shedding instead.

I have pictures and will post them when i have any results that really show any differance both good or bad.

if i mispell its my long nails and my poor skills in english im sorry for that.

barnabas

Established Member
Reaction score
Your hair thinning in the last month probably has nothing to do with propecia, the effects are very rarely noticeable in the first month or two. I know what you're talking about with seeing a few black hairs in areas by themselves, I have the same thing happening...I am not sure if I have just lost all the hair around them, or if they are new hairs that grew in by themselves.

Anyway, I get the impression that if you stay on propecia it will maintain your hair, but it might not slow down your hair loss for months (sometimes over a year). There's also a chance it will not work at all, but the odds are in your favor. I am only on propecia, and I only have been for a couple weeks, and it's very hard not to panic about my extremely thin hair and receded temples...but I know I'm on the best medication that is available for maintaining what I have, and I try not to get too upset about something that I am already doing the best I can to halt. It's time to wait, and you and I will just have to wait for several months to be able to tell what propecia will do. I have thought about adding minoxidil, but I don't really think that my hair will ALL fall out in the space of a year, and I'd like to be on as few things as possible, so I will just see how the propecia works out over the next several months. Unless you want the maximum amount of protection and regrowth possible and don't care about money, I'd suggest that you do the same thing.

Good luck, your situation really would be tough to deal with...males are almost expected to get a receding hairline and go bald, but it could create problems for you :( Maybe you should just get a wig for when you go out as a woman? I know it's not nearly as good as real hair, but if you are not planning on getting a sex change then it wouldn't really be that terrible...I've known transvestites who wore wigs and didn't think anything of it (some had to because employers don't usually look too kindly on males with long hair!).

Felk

Reaction score
barnabas said:
the odds are in your favor. I am only on propecia, and I only have been for a couple weeks, and it's very hard not to panic about my extremely thin hair and receded temples...but I know I'm on the best medication that is available for maintaining what I have, and I try not to get too upset about something that I am already doing the best I can to halt. It's time to wait, and you and I will just have to wait for several months to be able to tell what propecia will do.

I agree with this 100%

CCS

Reaction score
1. if your scalp is red, look at the ingredient of the shampoo and make sure you got the 1%, not the 2%. The 1% has fewer side effects, grows just as much hair, and costs 1/4 the price.

2. Do not wait to see what propecia alone will do. fight this with as much strength as possible. look at the graph to the left. it is all about starting soon. Put minoxidil on your hairline and in no mans land. you will need less than half a mL for that, so $3 per month. Get the generic 5% minoxidil for $6 per bottle. if it is not in europe, order from minoxidildirect.com.

3. diluted folligen. read my URL

4. you need a topical anti-androgen, like spironolactone cream or eucapil or RU. I don't know what your finances are.

5. get the 5mg proscar from your local pharmacy. get a generic if possible, and cut it in 1/4ths.

6. If your side effects go away, consider Avodart twice a week.

7. Read some of my recent posts about different drugs. i'm one of the most informative people on this site. most others will just sit back and say, "i agree" and "get on the big 3". just click on my profile and click on "view all use posts.

and read my myspace blocks. it will take you 20 minutes and tell you a LOT.

holyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
yes if loose my battle i will get on using a wig..but as everyone else here i really love my hair.
i can relate to the waiting anxiety..its hard to be passive about something that affects you so deeply.

thank you for your answers and tips i will go trough them all.

the reason im reluctant to start regaine or rogaine already is that i want to know that propecia is working,i was unable to get on proscar,i found it hard enough to get on propecia really.

its expensive but its really worth it.

funny thing is im propably the only one inhere who wouldnt mind getting gyno hehe

CCS

Reaction score
I don't know if what I read about copper peptides is true. but once I have my hair, I can cut them out and find out if they I can do without. Right now, every month counts, and they don't cost much.

now propecia is a different story. It WILL help. it is just a quesiton of how much. so will minoxidil (generic rogaine). you might as well use both.

if you are going to try two non-proven options, like eucapil and copper peptides, and don't have time or money for both, i can understand you wanting to see if one works. but then you would not know if the propecia was doing it.

one good reason to do the propecia first is it matters to get on it soon. with the rogaine, it is possible it just lengthens what you have, and timing might not matter as much. i think the copper peptides do matter as far as timing.

G

holyhair said:
funny thing is im propably the only one inhere who wouldnt mind getting gyno hehe

haha this made me laugh. i echo what collegechemstudent said. you won't go wrong by reading his posts for hair loss advice.

holyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
ok i have been checking rogaine out some and considering adding it to the growing hairsavers liberation army.

will applying it only once during the night work or be useless?
i work at strange hours and applying it twice aday will never happen to be honest.

oh also i see they have different sets of applicators on the bottel wich is best for the hairline?
how do i apply it do i use my fingers? (will the hair on that hand start to grow then?)

CCS

Reaction score
You will get some benifit even from once a day use. No hair will grow on your finger tips because they do not have follicles. There is a chance it can make the back side of your hand have thinker hair, if you are that messy. The sprayer is good for large, very thin areas, like shaved heads. I think you will have more control with the dropper. Rub it into your forhead skin where you want hair to grow, in no man's land. Do not get it on your forehead where you don't want hair, or you will get long peach fuzz down there. This happened to me. It goes away though once you are neat for a while. Get some in where you have hair too, so it does not die, and thickens.

I really think some SODs would help too. They are cheap if you are just applying 1/2 mL per day to the no man's land area. One bottle of anything will last you months or even over a year.

beaner

Reaction score
TheMoose said:
trannies make me sick

Very uncalled for. Keep your opinions to yourself.

holyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
TheMoose said:
trannies make me sick

dont mess with my story unless its worth typing or reading.
i dont care about your personal problems with trannies.

And to something different.
I will add minoxidil to my regimen but im browsing the shedding threads and nocite most ppl shave it short during the sheds.
I wont do this so how heavy shedding should i expect? going bald heavy?

beaner

Reaction score
holyhair said:
TheMoose said:
trannies make me sick

dont mess with my story unless its worth typing or reading.
i dont care about your personal problems with trannies.

And to something different.
I will add minoxidil to my regimen but im browsing the shedding threads and nocite most ppl shave it short during the sheds.
I wont do this so how heavy shedding should i expect? going bald heavy?

Ignore the Moose...he's made some pretty ignorant comments in the past. To address your question, shedding depends totally on the person. You may not even have a shed, or if your current density is good enough, you may have one and not even notice it. Not to worry if you do have one....trust me...things are usually much better afterwords when the thicker hairs emerge. If you think you're thinning a lot during the shed if you have one, you may want to consider a concealer such as Toppik, which would probably work very well with long hair. Just try not to count hairs and you'll be fine.

holyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
lets not focus on the insult post,he had to get it off his chest.

im going to post my baseline pitcures and normal picture of myself but i cant find a good hosting spot for upload.

i have decided to wait with the minoxidil a few months to see if the propecia side effects goes away.

its mainly the fogged mind that bothers me i have to focus on simple things.

the lost sexhunger is not really bothering me since if i would fall in love i guess it would solve itself,its more to sex then being horny.

im quite sure though that the black sproutig hairs is from the propecia they are far from baseline.
they must have been sleeping for atleast 2 years..i have a theory that each hair is its own individual and that they will either respond easily (sleepers) or take along time or not respond at all.

i think the sprouters was only asleep and woke up at the first chance..it doesnt really mean much in the long run.

CCS

Reaction score
if you are really scared of shedding, put the minoxidil just in the no man's land, and add it to the rest of your hairs later when you realize its not so bad. most people don't shed. mainly just the people on this site, which is why they are hear. non-shedders don't come here.

holyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
The optic illusion picture...this is why i never noticed..from infront it looks ok even when half wet.

Baseline (wet hair):
left

right

Not much differande while dry eihter but have pics of that also for final 1 year comparison

Sorry about the first pic so big i messed up in imageshack.

Th reason for wet hair is i hae black dyed hair that is growing out and it doesnt show correctly when dry because i have blond roots and it looks like the hairline is further back becuase of that when dry.

almost paniced today efter using the nizoral shampo.
had million hairs in my hand..never lost so much before.
have been keeping and eye on my tempels alot lately.
im now certain that im getting white tiny hair on the left temple its growing longer i guess its what pppl call peach fuzz..dont get as much on my right (where i really need it) but i always sleep on right side so it might rub it to death?

noticing also short black hars on the side hair that is darker then my natural color.

the sprouted hair is really growing fast im certain its the silika boosting it because it boost my eyebrow my beard growth and everyhair on my body.

it doesnt give me anyhope though its lonely hairs in a sea of naked skin.

CCS

Reaction score
NW2. Hair line almost 1cm higher than it is in your Avator. And the sides are slanting back to much. I don't know how far down that hair grew out in no mands land. I hope it was at least 1/4 inch and that your loss was recent, or I'm not optimistic about you lowering that hair line. My hairloss is worse than yours, and I'm going to buy RU, but I'm not optimistic about my regrowth that low either. I'm just sure I will regrow all the thin hairs on top of my head and some near my current hairline.

holyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
im not hoping really for getting the hairline back to when i was 18.
if i can get 1-2 years of hairback and maintain i will be happy.
it was ok 2 years ago but it has been agressive the past year or so.

i only know the metric scale but the hair sprouting is so you can put one pencil between it and baseline.

i am trying to stay neutral about the whole thing but the sideeffects and the tiny things going on gives me some hope for effect.

i didnt finasteride a good avatar really so i just picked one :)