Holy cow 14,462 grafts total.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just came across this guy. He just went in for his 3rd procedure with a total of 14,462 grafts. Quite insane lol. You can check his pictures here; http://www.hairlosshelp.com/websites/galleryview.cfm?id=london_lad|gallery1.cfm

hair transplant 1 - 7761 Grafts strip
hair transplant 2 - 3521 Grafts strip
hair transplant 3 - 3180 Grafts strip

Total - 14,462 Grafts

Damn will be interesting to see his end result!

Start:

london_lad_4_m.JPG

london_lad_135_m.jpg

5 months after his 2nd hair transplant;

london_lad_163.JPG

london_lad_147.JPG

Now he just did a 3rd hair transplant;

20151126_204529.jpg

20151126_204544.jpg

follicle2001

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, he has been posting on some other boards. You gotta give him credit-he took things about as far as they can go!

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
He will get insane results. 4k more grafts than me in total.

furfinder

Reaction score
I'm curious about these totals. I had an hair transplant with Doctor Hasson in 2006. Have harvesting numbers for a single strip procedure significantly increased since that time. I was quite a "big" one back then, at about 5500. I think a procedure with almost 8000 was pretty unheard of.

If I were interested in a second one, with that kind of original density, yielding 5500 in 2006, what might I expect today?

shookwun

Reaction score
3 clown scars of peace

For those at very high norwood stages, FUT is the only viable method to harvest more grafts. Seeing as FUE is very limited.

Just remember the scar can be FUEd if need be.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
3 clown scars of peace

For those at very high norwood stages, FUT is the only viable method to harvest more grafts. Seeing as FUE is very limited.

Just remember the scar can be FUEd if need be.

Yes the scars can be grafted in. FUE scars are less prominent due to micro dots essentially. FUT scar - the problem I have with this is because I shave my back and sides to number 1 for a fashionable look with long hair on top. I know I never will be shaving my entire head but with my hairstyle the scar would still be visible. Maybe it wouldn't with a number 2. Either way, I would never rule out FUT for more grafts even though I am not in that situation. Hair on top is way more important.

shookwun

Reaction score
This is almost identical to how my back, and sides are with a FUT scar.

As I said, looking back FUT is a good method for those in advanced stages that require additional methods ontop of FUE to harvest grafts. I wouldn't recommend a FUE to those who are under NW3.

3-spiky-Mohawk-for-men-with-thinning-hair.jpg

Emu

Established Member
Reaction score
Fred I tried to tell you that you could get more than 1500 more grafts and you wouldn't listen to me..Here's the proof mate,you should be able to get at lest 3000 more grafts as I myself have had roughly 10,000 grafts in total.

arfy

Established Member
Reaction score
Donor supply is highly variable, based on the individual patient. Very few patients can match this guy's donor supply (some guys only have half this amount of donor hair).

Interestingly, this patient still has "see-through" hair after his 2nd transplant, and 11,000 grafts (many more grafts than the average patient gets). See 4th photo from the top. Even with "high sides" (he has a lot of hair still remaining) and 11,000 grafts, a hair transplant can't completely restore a full head of hair.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Even for people with good donor capacity, ideally you want to hold onto as much native hair as possible with medication. Usually that connecting bridge between the crown and the front should be maintained for an aesthetic hair transplant(s) at the very least.

This result is a great turnaround.

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
yes it is true you want to hold on to the native hair. It is important to remember I think a lot of people, maybe not the ones posting but the guys lurking, may think that the guy only has 14.5K hairs transplanted. Nope each graft can give on average 2.5 hairs so 14 462 =36 155 assuming they all grew, the average head of hair has around 100 000 and that is including the sides and back. So this guy's scalp, where the actual 36K was transplanted, is actually not far off a full head. I know it is still visibly thin, you can see his scalp through it in the sunlight but still that is really impressive.

zdm632

Established Member
Reaction score
yes it is true you want to hold on to the native hair. It is important to remember I think a lot of people, maybe not the ones posting but the guys lurking, may think that the guy only has 14.5K hairs transplanted. Nope each graft can give on average 2.5 hairs so 14 462 =36 155 assuming they all grew, the average head of hair has around 100 000 and that is including the sides and back. So this guy's scalp, where the actual 36K was transplanted, is actually not far off a full head. I know it is still visibly thin, you can see his scalp through it in the sunlight but still that is really impressive.

Too bad he can't wear the hair short: FUT scar+bad head shape in the back. Otherwise the top looks wesome in his short post-op pictures.

shookwun

Reaction score
He can still have a short hair cut. #3 around scar, and #1 every where else followed by a fade.

All transplants look see through in the sun light. FYI

Real impressive results for a broad day light shot.

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I swear I've seen this posted multiple times.
I want to see the final results, bloody hell!

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Jeeeeeez. I had no idea you could even use that many grafts. What's the average total grafts available, assuming good donor hair? And can you take hair from the sides of the head as well?

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
Jeeeeeez. I had no idea you could even use that many grafts. What's the average total grafts available, assuming good donor hair? And can you take hair from the sides of the head as well?

Average is ~7K grafts. Having a good donor puts you above that possibly. Wolf Pack has 10K grafts estimated. It depends on the method too (FUE or FUT) or a combination of both. 14.6K grafts is extreme though.

Yeah you can take hair from the sides too (it's still safe donor area). You can even deviate from the safe donor area but that would put you at increased risk of losing your transplanted grafts due to possible miniaturizing in the future though.

12_image206.jpg

shookwun

Reaction score
when you see results like this, and similar to ones like this for high norwoods (5) you realize that with today's technology, and medication their is no point getting a hair system.

5424 grafts through two procedures, and now he has a full head of aesthetic hair.

Keep in mind he has a great donor.

[video=youtube;cXazIHKwGaY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXazIHKwGaY[/video]