HMI-115 PRLR antibody: The Most Promising Treatment Ever

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you know why? In theory it is a good chance to earn money.
Bayer wants to focus on women's health. They didn't want something that's primarily for men. ESG,equity, blah blah blah

Last edited:

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are we expecting any implications for men with diffuse thinning here?
I suspect they will respond the best, same as with other treatments

edh38

My Regimen
Reaction score
didnt they already finish a trial where they dosed women?
I guess hair growth was not experienced there but that's where the different..hf physiologies come into play?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
didnt they already finish a trial where they dosed women?
I guess hair growth was not experienced there but that's where the different..hf physiologies come into play?
They only received 2 to 3 doses in that trial, ranging from 30mg to 90mg. The dose for hair loss is 240mg., and it takes more than 6 weeks to get hair growth.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are probably close to 1 billion women with some degree of androgenic hair loss right now.

And we all know hard it is to sell effective beauty products to women.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
There are probably close to 1 billion women with some degree of androgenic hair loss right now.

And we all know hard it is to sell effective beauty products to women.
How many women are on this site? Men's rogaine outsells women's about 100 to 1. Of course there are a lot of women who want to treat their hair loss, but it's overwhelmingly a male market. These equity obsessed people will throw women under the bus if it means throwing more men over the bus.

Zon Ama

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone have contact with the reddit people and know if anyone has been accepted for the clinical trials in Australia? that is currently the most interesting question in my opinion

hopiumbro

My Regimen
Reaction score
This cure is my hopium.

My main questions are these:

1) What is the absolute earliest we could get our hands on this? I know commercial release is 2024 earliest, but let's say someone had up to $100k to drop, would it be possible to get this before it hits the market, and how much so? I'm from Canada, so assuming I would have to travel to the US at the minimum.

2) Would getting a hair transplant effect your ability to get this treatment? A transplant is grafting hair into areas with vellus hairs, which it seems like HMI115 is actually able to restore. Wouldn't this hypothetically make you end up with double density, or some issues? I'm considering getting a hair transplant while I wait for this treatment to be available, but I want to make sure it wouldn't interfere with my eligibility.

Thanks for putting together this thread.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
This cure is my hopium.

My main questions are these:

1) What is the absolute earliest we could get our hands on this? I know commercial release is 2024 earliest, but let's say someone had up to $100k to drop, would it be possible to get this before it hits the market, and how much so? I'm from Canada, so assuming I would have to travel to the US at the minimum.

2) Would getting a hair transplant effect your ability to get this treatment? A transplant is grafting hair into areas with vellus hairs, which it seems like HMI115 is actually able to restore. Wouldn't this hypothetically make you end up with double density, or some issues? I'm considering getting a hair transplant while I wait for this treatment to be available, but I want to make sure it wouldn't interfere with my eligibility.

Thanks for putting together this thread.
The only place that sells it will not sell to anyone but a verifiable research organization. I suppose it's possible, but it would cost you near 100k to get 240mg for 28 weeks if you know someone with research lab that would order it for you.

Hair transplants destroy some of the follicles in the recipient area. Getting a hair transplant would just mean that you'd grow less hairs on the treatment than you otherwise would have. The treatment won't create new hairs, it will only regrow the ones left in between the transplanted follicles

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone have contact with the reddit people and know if anyone has been accepted for the clinical trials in Australia? that is currently the most interesting question in my opinion
They began recruiting a few weeks ago. One person reported being rejected. Those who are accepted can't report as they have to sign an NDA. It's unlikely they haven't enrolled anyone yet, and they most likely started dosing immediately upon enrolling the first patient.

The Owl

My Regimen
Reaction score
So our scalps are producing more prolactin? Or there’s something wrong with our prolactin receptors?

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I kinda skimmed some of the info, so I apologize if this was mentioned -- if prolactin is an issue, why do you think a med like CPA (which exponentially increases prolactin levels) is still effective?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I kinda skimmed some of the info, so I apologize if this was mentioned -- if prolactin is an issue, why do you think a med like CPA (which exponentially increases prolactin levels) is still effective?
CPA stimulates pituitary prolactin production. The hair follicle produces its own prolactin with a different promoter. Hair cycling is regulated by this autocrine prolactin production and not affected by serum prolactin unless the serum levesl become very high. CPA may not work in people whom it induces severe hyperprolactinemia. I wouldn't be shocked if it still worked though, because DHT upregulates the PRLR. By blocking the AR with CPA you would have less PRLR, and the intrafollicular levels of prolactin wouldn't increase that much, so it may be a net postitive.

This is the same reason why cabergoline and bromocriptine don't work. They reduce serum prolactin greatly by activating dopamine receptors in the pituitary gland. The Pituary gland responds by drastically reducing prolactin production. It's been shown that this has no effect on prolactin and PRLR expression in the hair follicle. They continue to produce their own. The intrafollicular levels are not upregulated or downregulated by the same mechanism as the pituitary gland

Interestingly, dopamine, known as an inhibitor of PRL pituitary secretions, has no effect on PRL or PRL-R expression in human HFs

Last edited:

hopiumbro

My Regimen
Reaction score
The only place that sells it will not sell to anyone but a verifiable research organization. I suppose it's possible, but it would cost you near 100k to get 240mg for 28 weeks if you know someone with research lab that would order it for you.

Hair transplants destroy some of the follicles in the recipient area. Getting a hair transplant would just mean that you'd grow less hairs on the treatment than you otherwise would have. The treatment won't create new hairs, it will only regrow the ones left in between the transplanted follicles

Honestly If I could do it for 100k I would. From the timeline of the trials (only completing phase 2 in july 2023, and then phase 3 will likely take another year, then maybe 2025 for market) It would be well worth it in my mind to get the "cure" 2-3 years early.
I will probably wait for some data on how phase 2 is going and then start looking in to it.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly If I could do it for 100k I would. From the timeline of the trials (only completing phase 2 in july 2023, and then phase 3 will likely take another year, then maybe 2025 for market) It would be well worth it in my mind to get the "cure" 2-3 years early.
I will probably wait for some data on how phase 2 is going and then start looking in to it.
Just don't do it until it's confirmed to work in humans. That's a lot to spend without any guarantees. Imagine shelling out that much and then it doesn't do anything.

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would def pay $100K aswell if its administered from Bayer/Hope themselves and human trials show similar results to macaques.

If anyone from Hope ever reads this I wish they understood how much of a buck they would make with this treatment and hurry the f up. The more they wait, the closer hair cloning will be and HMI will become irrelevant. The window for massive profit they have is insane (but limited).

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would def pay $100K aswell if its administered from Bayer/Hope themselves and human trials show similar results to macaques.

If anyone from Hope ever reads this I wish they understood how much of a buck they would make with this treatment and hurry the f up. The more they wait, the closer hair cloning will be and HMI will become irrelevant. The window for massive profit they have is insane (but limited).
Umm.. Let's not do that. I would prefer to pay as little as possible. Most people aren't able to pay that much, so I doubt it will be anywhere near that. 40k tops for 6 months.

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Was just remarking the fact that there seems to be enough demand for a very profitable venture, I would of course want to pay the fairest price.

If to speed up the process they can release some pre-round that is more expensive to raise money asap, then be it. No one would lose benefits in that sense. I just don't get how literally the potential most revolutionary hairloss treatment that already works is gonna take 5 years to commercialize lmao