HMI-115 PRLR antibody: The Most Promising Treatment Ever

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
It doesn't degrade the receptor so there's no need for it to regenerate. We see that after 6 months without treatment the diameter of the hair shafts is significantly thinner. I think two things are at play. One is that the longer you take it the larger the DP gets. A larger DP increases Wnt and Hedgehog signaling outside of any treatment upregulating them. Additionally, some of the factors upregulating PRLR and Prl binding affinity are reversed significantly.

Feelsbadman.jpg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It doesn't degrade the receptor so there's no need for it to regenerate. We see that after 6 months without treatment the diameter of the hair shafts is significantly thinner. I think two things are at play. One is that the longer you take it the larger the DP gets. A larger DP increases Wnt and Hedgehog signaling outside of any treatment upregulating them.

Surely this happens with all treatments that restore hair to some degree? Yet they don't have as long lasting results upon discontinuation.

Additionally, some of the factors upregulating PRLR and Prl binding affinity are reversed significantly.
This is what I was thinking. I wasn't positive on the MOA for HMI 115 interacting with the PRLR, but it seems that there is some long lasting effect. PRL and PRLR interaction may have some control over the speed of progression of Androgenetic Alopecia. The old Hamilton studies back in the 40s I think showed that when young castrated men were given T, they started balding slowly yet when older eunuchs were given T, they began balding rapidly. Halting all androgen exposure will prevent Androgenetic Alopecia, but it seems like something is still at work affecting follicle "sensitivity" in the background. This could be PRL and PRLR interaction. It seems like HMI 115 is turning back the clock in regards to how fast Androgenetic Alopecia progresses.

Last edited:

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Surely this happens with all treatments that restore hair to some degree? Yet they don't have as long lasting results upon discontinuation.
Hair shaft diameter is correlated with size of the DP. Minoxidil doesn't increase hair shaft diameter significantly. HMI-115 restored it to normal, meaning it restored the size of the DP to normal. No other treatment increases hair diameter to this degree. It has been a point of contention for a long time, but studies show that minoxidil does not convert vellus hairs to terminal, it only increases the number of hairs in anagen at any given time.

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair shaft diameter is correlated with size of the DP. Minoxidil doesn't increase hair shaft diameter significantly. HMI-115 restored it to normal, meaning it restored the size of the DP to normal. No other treatment increases hair diameter to this degree. It has been a point of contention for a long time, but studies show that minoxidil does not convert vellus hairs to terminal, it only increases the number of hairs in anagen at any given time.

Interesting. What do you think it would be the long term response if you go for HMI one time in your lifetime but keep on antiandrogens? Would the gains hold?

Feelsbadman.jpg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anti androgen treatments do to some extent though.

Results: Ninety men with androgenetic alopecia were recruited. The increase in total hair count per cm[2] representing new growth was significantly higher in dutasteride group (baseline- 223 hair; at 24 weeks- 246 hair) compared to finasteride group (baseline- 227 hair; at 24 weeks- 231 hair). The decrease in thin hair count per cm[2] suggestive of reversal of miniaturization was significantly higher in dutasteride group (baseline- 65 hair; at 24 weeks- 57 hair) compared to finasteride group (baseline- 67 hair; at 24 weeks- 66 hair). Both the groups showed a similar side effect profile with sexual dysfunction being the most common and reversible side effect.
Do you know how quickly results from finasteride regressed after cessation in macaques? I skimmed through this study but saw no mention of hair weight after discontinuation. https://www.researchgate.net/public...nd_female_stumptail_macaques_Macaca_arctoides

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting. What do you think it would be the long term response if you go for HMI one time in your lifetime but keep on antiandrogens? Would the gains hold?
Anti-androgens work for a long time for the majority of people, but eventually they stop working. Age is a factor in this. The older you are the more susceptible you are to hair loss. Let's say you start going bald at 25 and dutasteride maintains your hair until you are 45. Hypothetically if you never took dutasteride, but took HMI and got full reversal then started dutasteride at 35, I would expect it to also last until 45 before you start losing again. Basically I think it resets your hair as if you never had hair loss but doesn't make it immune to it going forward

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anti androgen treatments do to some extent though.

Do you know how quickly results from finasteride regressed after cessation in macaques? I skimmed through this study but saw no mention of hair weight after discontinuation. https://www.researchgate.net/public...nd_female_stumptail_macaques_Macaca_arctoides
They do. I'm not sure exactly how long results last with finasteride after discontinuation, but it's longer than with minoxidil

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride and dutasteride don’t work long term
Source? Whether you're talking about before or after discontinuation it works longer than minoxidil either way. Your personal experience doesn't change that.

Dr sanches

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Source? Whether you're talking about before or after discontinuation it works longer than minoxidil either way. Your personal experience doesn't change that.
I’m talking about continued use dutasteride and finasteride don’t work

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m talking about continued use dutasteride and finasteride don’t work
Do you have a source for that, or is it just your opinion because they didn't work for you? The studies show that they work for ten years for the majority of people.

Dr sanches

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have a source for that, or is it just your opinion because they didn't work for you? The studies show that they work for ten years for the majority of people.
Those were done in slow balding men in Asians lol

Hairful

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i dont understand why anyone is arguing about the long term effects of prolactin inhibition when the trials on the apes just lasted a few months and after that I strongly suspect that their prolactin levels as well as the function of their prolactin receptors has gone back to normal. it revised the hair follicles and that with a longer lasting duration but there is no mentioning that it supposedly has a continued systemic effect in the body.

Because apes aren’t humans and apes don’t talk. Prolactin is involved in a lot of bodily functions such as immune system, sexual arousal and inhibition etc etc. Imagine if taking this mAb makes you feel like crap, apes can’t tell you that, or if you start becoming susceptible to infections or get autoimmune diseases.

Given that it will need to be taken long term, we won’t know what effects it will have unless used and experimented on humans. While animal studies translate to humans for the target organs to a certain degree, it’s not the same.

Finasteride inhibits DHT which is a trash hormone for the most part yet there’s no denying that people experience sides and some even go crazy believing in mythical forever sides which has no basis in science, so imagine what inhibiting a hormone more important than DHT will do

Feelsbadman.jpg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anti-androgens work for a long time for the majority of people, but eventually they stop working. Age is a factor in this. The older you are the more susceptible you are to hair loss. Let's say you start going bald at 25 and dutasteride maintains your hair until you are 45. Hypothetically if you never took dutasteride, but took HMI and got full reversal then started dutasteride at 35, I would expect it to also last until 45 before you start losing again. Basically I think it resets your hair as if you never had hair loss but doesn't make it immune to it going forward
If you got full reversal from HMI back to the biological state your hair was at 25 when you were 35, then why would dutasteride only provide 10 years of maintenance and not the initial 20 if your hair is biologically the same as it was when you were 25 at the chronological age of 35? Based on your initial example dutasteride should maintain to 55 no? 20 years of maintenance from the biological age of 25?

Feelsbadman.jpg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What are you basing that on?
He's basing it on the macaque study showing a decline after discontinuation. We don't know what the dosing schedule to maintain on HMI 115 alone or in conjunction with other treatments will be for humans, but it does not look to be a one in done and this shouldn't be expected based on it's MOA. Hopefully, 5AR inhibitors will allow for long periods of time in between treatments.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bruh it was for mild balding and it didn’t stop frontal hair loss
You've had half a dozen accounts banned on various discords already. Take the hint. You're obnoxious and retarded. Nothing you say is accurate lilpumpfraud aka Henry Einstein aka addictedtobbc. You are probably the most deranged person I've come across online, and that's no exaggeration. I have no doubt that we will see you in the news one day for some atrocity.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you got full reversal from HMI back to the biological state your hair was at 25 when you were 35, then why would dutasteride only provide 10 years of maintenance and not the initial 20 if your hair is biologically the same as it was when you were 25 at the chronological age of 35? Based on your initial example dutasteride should maintain to 55 no? 20 years of maintenance from the biological age of 25?

Because you're older and your cells are less resilient to stress. The Hamilton eunuch study you already referenced indicates that it is not accumulative damage, but rather a genetic clock that triggers hair loss. If dutasteride is not strong enough to prevent hair loss when your genetic clock hits 45 then it's not strong enough regardless of when you started losing your hair.