Hm, I'm feeling it at the moment for some reason :(

Hoppi

Reaction score
timallen45 said:
Gentleman I can attest to the food intolerance thing. I have male pattern baldness throughout the top and when ever I eat anything with gluten I get substantial more hairloss. My head litterally starts itching within 20 minutes of eating it and the sebum Gods arrive......sucks

cheers man, TOTALLY. I still think Candida is the most likely suspect for me. My digestion is MESSED up and I have a head full of frickin' dandruff lol

Ugh..

And nah I'm not going near finasteride, I still don't feel totally right after the first time.

If I go for a normal regimen it will be ketoconazole, miconazole and minoxidil.

But yeah.. who knows eh :) I'll see what happens.

hairrific

Established Member
Reaction score
By the time you make up your mind you will be bald. So your not even doing KETO? What is your treatment regime for your male pattern baldness exactly, and how long, anything?

Hoppi

Reaction score
hairrific said:
By the time you make up your mind you will be bald. So your not even doing KETO? What is your treatment regime for your male pattern baldness exactly, and how long, anything?

I just said ketoconazole... lol :)

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hoppi said:
timallen45 said:
Gentleman I can attest to the food intolerance thing. I have male pattern baldness throughout the top and when ever I eat anything with gluten I get substantial more hairloss. My head litterally starts itching within 20 minutes of eating it and the sebum Gods arrive......sucks

cheers man, TOTALLY. I still think Candida is the most likely suspect for me. My digestion is MESSED up and I have a head full of frickin' dandruff lol

Ugh..

And nah I'm not going near finasteride, I still don't feel totally right after the first time.

The dandruff issue I can relate to, and candida too. But I still don't believe that candida has caused my hairloss. It's just another health problem besides male pattern baldness that I have to deal with, nothing more. I have inherited the susceptibility to fungus/candida from my dad, who has had toenail fungus and various auto-immunal health problems (rheumatism) even before I was born. I developed toenail fungus and my health problems started when I was about 21-22. My mother, on the other hand, has never suffered of candida, fungus or anything but I still inherited her hairloss pattern. So... don't think they're related.

Hoppi

Reaction score
ghg said:
Hoppi said:
timallen45 said:

Ugh..

The dandruff issue I can relate to, and candida too. But I still don't believe that candida has caused my hairloss. It's just another health problem besides male pattern baldness that I have to deal with, nothing more. I have inherited the susceptibility to fungus/candida from my dad, who has had toenail fungus and various auto-immunal health problems (rheumatism) even before I was born. I developed toenail fungus and my health problems started when I was about 21-22. My mother, on the other hand, has never suffered of candida, fungus or anything but I still inherited her hairloss pattern. So... don't think they're related.

I know it seems odd. I do realize that, and often I'll look at my hair and go "Ok so.. the dandruff is.. Candida/caused by Candida? or is it just coincidence? or is it too much sebum or dying follicles causing fungus?" etc

and ask if it's the dandruff/fungus killing my hair or the androgens or a combination of the two or what.

It's complex. I am not ruling out that the fungus is killing my hair follicles. I am also not ruling out that my liver or Candida has spoilt my hormones leading to an increase in androgens. And.. last but not least, I am not ruling out pure genetics. But due to the crazy timing with which this all started, pure genetics rarely even enters into the equation for me to be honest. If it's genetics, then the timing of the male pattern baldness and skin problems RIGHT after my digestive breakdown is just too coincidental for me, I just don't believe it, you know? I could never believe it was coincidence.

I think Candida is really bad......

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
If it was solely candida affecting your hair, you'd lose hair everywhere, not just on the male pattern baldness area.

Hoppi

Reaction score
ghg said:
If it was solely candida affecting your hair, you'd lose hair everywhere, not just on the male pattern baldness area.

I don't think it's good to make assumptions man, at the end of the day we can't say ANYTHING for sure without an incredibly in-depth knowledge of human biology!! Right? :)

GeminiX

Reaction score
finfighter said:
Hoppi said:
I don't think it's good to make assumptions man

Really???? :shock: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I lolled too :)

hairrific

Established Member
Reaction score
Hoppie its me, I do like hippie stuff to allot and you are so fun, if you were next door I would bring you a joint of green organic mother earth. :)

Now Hoppie I want you to focus on the quote below and tell me what you think of that quote.

ghg said:

Do you have male pattern baldness? I never saw photo, forgive me I have been off forum a while.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
hairrific said:
Do you have male pattern baldness? I never saw photo, forgive me I have been off forum a while.

Lol of course I have male pattern baldness, why would I be on this forum otherwise? My hair has pretty much gone from a full head of hair to complete see-through on top in 5 years. Well actually it only took 2 years to get to see-through, it's been slower since that but it's going all the time. Now I can officially say that my 64 yr old father has more hair than me. f*****g great!

Hoppi

Reaction score
Yah my hair loss is very much focused around the top area and hairline. It's pretty male pattern. My Doctor said it was male pattern baldness as well.

Hm, not much else for me to say atm lol.

I still think it's Candida though xD

Hoppi

Reaction score
well erm, I'm actually doing a coconut oil fast at the moment! lol

Nothing but coconut oil, water and magnesium sulphate / Oxy-powder for 3-7 days!!

Let's see how this pans out, and don't worry I'm being careful - I put a good amount of thought into this! :)

Mens Rea

Reaction score
Hoppi said:
well erm, I'm actually doing a coconut oil fast at the moment! lol

Nothing but coconut oil, water and magnesium sulphate / Oxy-powder for 3-7 days!!

Let's see how this pans out, and don't worry I'm being careful - I put a good amount of thought into this! :)

Coconut oil is amazing stuff i read. How do you eat it or what?

Also , look into Royal Jelly. That stuff is amazing. Not sure how it pertains to hairloss but it's just about the best stuff you could supplement if you're trying to be healthy. It's expensive though.

Mens Rea

Reaction score
Hoppi said:
Yah my hair loss is very much focused around the top area and hairline. It's pretty male pattern. My Doctor said it was male pattern baldness as well.

Hm, not much else for me to say atm lol.

I still think it's Candida though xD

What's stopping you from getting a blood test then?

Relatively cheap. I can get one for £65.

Hoppi

Reaction score
I just don't trust tests, basically. Plus I really don't have £65 spare right now lol

I'll see how this goes anyway, and yeah coconut oil is amazing!

Hoppi

Reaction score
Ugh guys look, you have to remember I am also bored sick of having such messed up digestion. Do you have any idea how tedious it is to check everything in the supermarket for eggs or I am in for a good amount of pain and discomfort (if it's mayo then it's really excrutiating and lasts for hours). I can't eat cake, I can't eat mayo, I can't eat in tons of restaurants without asking every 5 seconds if things contain egg (mayo even makes me PASS OUT). And even if I avoid egg I still get stuff. Random stuff causes lots of discomfort or bloating. This is NOT just about hair, it's just out of all these things my hair is the thing that bothers me the most. But no matter how much minoxidil and ketoconazole I pile on my head my digestion is still messed up and has been since I started losing hair in a male pattern baldness shape.

Christ guys who is in denial here? You just can't take the idea that male pattern baldness might have a health connection so you push all this stuff to the side. I KNOW your circumstances around losing hair were different but please try and see this from my point of view. My hair loss was NOT, NOT an isolated incident and I apologise greatly if that throws off the common HairLossTalk.com mindset regarding the condition. So whether it's Candida or something else, my digestion went down the pan at EXACTLY the same time as my skin and hair. I can't ignore that or pretend it's not true because THEN and only then would I feel like I was in denial.

I know most of you are still going to push it aside wildly, but I really hope that at least some open your minds just a tiny bit and see why I feel so strongly that these things have a connection.