Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score

efedrez

Reaction score
who cares? Until they begin trials, they're not going to have anything new or worthwhile to share. We've been seeing the same slides and data for years now.
Are we sure they trial in Mexico has not started yet? I haven't been able to find any information neither denying nor confirming if they have started.
Hopefully the conference will help to clarify

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are we sure they trial in Mexico has not started yet? I haven't been able to find any information neither denying nor confirming if they have started.
Hopefully the conference will help to clarify

Maybe... could be like Replicel where they've already begun Phase II trials months ago without saying anything... or Riken and Tsuji being radio silent and then out of nowhere saying 'Yeah, we've pretty much cracked it, we're aiming for a commercial release in 4 years"

Trouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know a lot of people are down on Histogen. My question is if this skepticism is more rooted in their continuous delays and lack of transparency or if it's simply in the science?

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know a lot of people are down on Histogen. My question is if this skepticism is more rooted in their continuous delays and lack of transparency or if it's simply in the science?

It can't be the science.... the data shows that it clearly works

constrictedvoid

Established Member
Reaction score

The angle and lighting frauded pics are quite a turn off for many, I think. The hair count data looks great, though.

constrictedvoid

Established Member
Reaction score
Both. Have you seen the photos? The Ziering pic is their evidence of success, yet it's shady lighting and fraudulent photographer cast doubt on its legitimacy. We have yet to see any other great pictures that show its efficacy in men.

Yes, Gail has stated the next trials would be at 3x the dose, but until that happens I don't care. It could very well end up being a great treatment, but they haven't shown that yet. They need to just shut up until trials begin.

Well to be fair, the numbers with current doses are already great. Just a shame they feel the need to fraud pics. Would be much more impressed seeing moderate improvement with objective pics.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
if you can't take a somewhat normal photo and show a decent change

They did. People still weren't satisfied. This is the shot:

histogen-hsc-before-after-1200x545_c.jpg

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
^^I rest my case.

i work in film in lets say a continuity manner basically have to look for flaws and differences so things match for editing..
---yes i see some subtle differences, hair is swept different light is a little different
but i still think it did enough to actual growth impress me.
Im ready to book my ticket when trials come in.
Me-Xi-Co--
Maragritas on me!

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree, there is real growth in those pictures. My question is, why is only one case provided? If regrowth was that dramatic, why weren't more patient photos released?

Histogen has consistently over-promised and underproduced, and has yet to meet their own self-imposed deadlines. As I've said before, if they REALLY had the technology they claim to, they would have been bought by a major pharma a long, long time ago. Instead, they've been coasting along on fews, from one fundraising round after another, and now will (supposedly) be trialling in Mexico, which is suspicious to me. I'm not counting on Histogen for anything; Follica is our best near-term hope (unless Brotzu turns into a unicorn and actually works).

we are talking about two different things

1. quality of the photo fake or not--I think they are fine it's a lighting thing. Same exact lighting 6 months later unless they made notes of how the curtain was drawn or if a door was left open--they are not going to get the same exact light--it can even be effected by the time of day if the windows are not blacked out--I don't think any Dr is going to do all that unless they studied photography or have a professional photographer--and i don't even know if most professional photographers have experience matching continuity. That is usually a filming thing with matching scene takes.
2. the efficacy of Histogen--I'm only joking I am not booking any kind of ticket until results of trials come in and a few people from the site i trust have done it.

We just have to wait for trials--like everything else we just have to wait..sucks.

I will say this about all these hair treatments i do wish they did video before and after instead of photography its easier to tell and they can cover or blur the faces.

Morning Norwood

My Regimen
Reaction score
it's interesting how you still don't see the clear fraud in this before/after pics. it's an obvious combing+angle trick. i don't even care about the lighting. you used to debunk such frauds in the past.
i have great respect for you and all you did for the community so far... but you will be very dissapointed with histogen soon. this whole histogen fraud starting in mexico will be a huge fiasko. they will make millions though, before after some years people realize it's a scam... see dr. gho

but we couldn't care less really. tsuji is the real deal. and i'm personally also excited for follica and replicel

Come on, there's no amount of combing or angle trickery that could take that patient from left pic to right pic. Now did Histogen use dishonest photographic techniques to exemplify the effect? Yea most likely. But that's how I'd expect a company to do it - try to excite people to come out and have the procedure. It's still dishonest don't get me wrong, but calling it a "fraud" seems dramatic to me. Especially if they provide hair count figures that demonstrate a positive effect on male pattern baldness.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Come on, there's no amount of combing or angle trickery that could take that patient from left pic to right pic. Now did Histogen use dishonest photographic techniques to exemplify the effect? Yea most likely. But that's how I'd expect a company to do it - try to excite people to come out and have the procedure. It's still dishonest don't get me wrong, but calling it a "fraud" seems dramatic to me. Especially if they provide hair count figures that demonstrate a positive effect on male pattern baldness.

the more i look at the pic--the better it looks its simple light difference and not extreme..he clearly has more hair..just less light bouncing off it--cant create that hair though.
If they photoshopped it they would have done a better job with the lighting on the hair matching.

Morning Norwood

My Regimen
Reaction score
the more i look at the pic--the better it looks its simple light difference and not extreme..he clearly has more hair..just less light bouncing off it--cant create that hair though.
If they photoshopped it they would have done a better job with the lighting on the hair matching.

Right. The hair on the left has strands that are "clumped" together too, if you were to take a comb through that, it would look even thinner. Just sh*t I notice as I'm a diffuse thinner myself..

Beowulf

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's photoshopped! They combed the hair over! They lied about their data to the FDA!

19d703df446b37acc5825a54f6c5615f.jpg

I must admit over the past month you actually have convinced me that the hype is real.

Now I'm just wondering how I can get it smuggled into my country because no one is going to fly overseas once every three months to get shot up with growth serum.

I'm pretty sure advanced hair studio (cursed be their name) have invented a home injection kit for their bullshit stem cell treatment, I'm sure we can be trusted to inject ourselves with highly potent growth hormones.

Plus why can't your local GP just do it for you? That's how vaccines work. Just import the chems, keep them in the fridge and go see your Doctor once a month until you're a sea otter.