Histogen Update....

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just got finished doing my normal routine of net surfing, which includes perusing various hairloss web sites. I noticed an update for Histogen. Apparently Gail Naughton is reporting that it might hit shelves as early as 2013. She also asserted that one might be able to see terminal hair growth as early as after 12 weeks of using the product and getting multiple injections.....

Don't want to get my hopes up, but it would be awesome if I could just maintain on all this other crap until then, then get those injections and be almost fully restored without having to opt for a friggin' hair transplant.

Might be an incentive for those in decent positions with their hair to hold off on getting an hair transplant for a lil' while to see if it isn't just more b.s......

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
2013, well it would be great but the problem is FDA approval would take longer than that so would going through all the medical trial stages, so maybe outside the US

Reaction score
Yup, if you check out the video interview on the site, I think she said that all of the trials will be conducted in Asia and that the product will probably be out over there before it is in the US.

I just listened to it briefly....don't wanna scrutinize; anything that gets my hopes up these days is a plus, I'll be naive for awhile if it gets me through the day...

Whoop

Established Member
Reaction score
somone uk said:
2013, well it would be great but the problem is FDA approval would take longer than that so would going through all the medical trial stages, so maybe outside the US

But as she also said, if trials conducted outside the US are conducted at approximately the same way the would have been done in the US, approval of the FDA can happen quickly.

But indeed, give information about Europe, please :(

kento

Established Member
Reaction score
Like i get this isn't HM but for sure will beat the big 3 when it comes the result.

The only good thing about this is that IT WORKS on human. Not like other who got most of the results on animals.

But we don't know if the regrow will be permanent or we need to repeat every year.

Reaction score
Right...I wonder how much it's going to cost; if it's like a few thou for each series of injections and you have to go back every year, I would surmise it would not be economically feasible for too many people. I guess they would have to make it halfway reasonable with regard to cost, so that the product will actually sell...?

Is there anyone who is actually going to hold off on getting a hair transplant in hopes that this product will be out sometime soon?

Boondock

Reaction score
The product may not require renewal injections like you seem to suggest. One idea suggested by the company was to inject the formula into your stable (horse-shoe) hair, thereby increasing growth there, and then to use these new stable follicles to transplant into the scalp. And then to rinse and repeat. The suggestion is that you could create a much greater supply of donor hair than in conventional hair transplants.

Will it work? I have no idea.

Reaction score
Wow, so then you would have to pay for the injections and then ALSO pay for a hair transplant? That sounds VERY costly as well and well, would suck.....

But yeah, I wasn't suggesting that multiple injection thing, just piggybacking off of kento's statement/query about whether or not one would have to go back for injections each year....

I have no idea about the science of the procedure and until/if it becomes a reality, then I'll do my research....

It would be cool if they could just inject your scalp in the thinning areas and it would rejuvenate dead/dormant follicles back to a very early state(like before one was balding)....if that makes sense, whatever, I'm tired....

PEACE

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thats exciting news, but yes what about europe? I wonder how much it will cost? better start saving.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
follicle84 said:
Thats exciting news, but yes what about europe? I wonder how much it will cost? better start saving.
i heard about $5000
sounds like a good investment taking into account the amount we spend on minoxidil and propecia

Boondock

Reaction score
Phase III needn't take 7 years. Given that they haven't even started Phase II yet, I think their proposal of a 2013 release date is wildly optimistic - something that doesn't give me confidence in the company. I think it could happen by 2015, though.

Frankly, even if it cost double what a hair transplant does, it'd be a fantastic achievement if it could get you full coverage with no scarring. That's the holy grail of hair loss therapy, and for anyone who's serious about getting off meds and getting rid of hair loss it'd be a godsend.

wallace911

Reaction score
Well oke maybe not that long then ... but think about it, you are injecting something into someones head. How long does it take until you can say for sure that that person won't grow a tumor after time x? Can you charge someone $5000 for hair without knowing how it will look like after x years ... I mean I know nothing about this stuff but it's just logical that you can't put something on the market only because it regrows hair in the first place ...

Boondock

Reaction score
As with any new procedure, there's a chance that it won't work, and a chance that further down the line it'll do you harm. That's the risk you take, I guess. There are no guarantees.

kento

Established Member
Reaction score
They already got results on humans which is a big step. Not like Follica or Inteclyx who started the trials based on animal testing.

I guess most of the balding guys will pay 50.000$ to a procedure that finally will solve their problem without any extra action. So if anything can turn NW7 to a NW1 permanently where to transfer the money :)

I like the idea if this one can give us extra donor hair maybe it supply with be unlimited which will be the first serious treatment. Many say that cure for baldness is a gene therapy but unlimited supply of donor hair will be something that we can hope for now.

No matter how much money who got you can be NW1 if you are NW7 today. I will be more than a happy if we finally can buy NW1 for money.

somone uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
kento said:
They already got results on humans which is a big step. Not like Follica or Inteclyx who started the trials based on animal testing.

I guess most of the balding guys will pay 50.000$ to a procedure that finally will solve their problem without any extra action. So if anything can turn NW7 to a NW1 permanently where to transfer the money :)
intercytex did get results from human trials, they completed phase 2/3 before the dribbling pants on head retard that ran the business crashed it

and FYI histogen makes new hairs but they are not permanent but still you can pay 5k get some hairs and pay 5k again and in theory it should work
the hair has been thought to last about 15 years or so

Reaction score
kento said:

I'd rather spend that 50,000$ on getting a really nice car. That would bring me more chicks than hair on top of my head :) lol

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ill pay 50k for a nw1 ... cant put a price tag for confidence .

kento

Established Member
Reaction score
It's not really about the chicks. Seen lot of bald guys with no so big pocket who have super hot chicks.