Histogen presentation

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
At this point, how can any of you think this is another snake oil? It's obviously effective

distracted

Established Member
Reaction score
So far for expressing his opinion, and the things he was told by the people behind histogen he's been criticized... What does he stand to gain by posting more info? Whatever he says occulus is obviously going to criticize. Occulus and his puppet folliman just need to learn some tact... It's one thing to express an opinion, but it's another thing to be critical of people trying to help you!

That's not the question. The thing is, the members here helped finance his trip to the hair congress where he was able make that connection with here to obtain this 'secret' information. Occulus and Folliman were unnecessarily aggressive, but instead of trying to prove them wrong and restore faith in Histogen, he's choosing to withhold this information. I'm not trying to pick a fight with one of the most respected members here, but this seems a bit juvenile.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's not the question. The thing is, the members here helped finance his trip to the hair congress where he was able make that connection with here to obtain this 'secret' information. Occulus and Folliman were unnecessarily aggressive, but instead of trying to prove them wrong and restore faith in Histogen, he's choosing to withhold this information. I'm not trying to pick a fight with one of the most respected members here, but this seems a bit juvenile.

It's not just this thread, it's countless others, especially the thread where I posted my interview with Dr. Naughton. I posted Histogen's presentation, audio recording of the interview and the photos of results with that REAL awesome responder and a bunch of guys with tin foil hats started polluting the discussions with their theories about scams, doctored photos, etc.

I can only imagine how bombarded Gail must be with emails if its this bad here.

Breyfogle

Established Member
Reaction score
Exactly. These slam poets need to roll off.
Not sure why they're waiting for male pattern baldness lotion when Preparation H is what they really need.

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
Argh!!! We need a paid section to this forum. Funds could go to sending someone to a seminar or something. $50 a year?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Argh!!! We need a paid section to this forum. Funds could go to sending someone to a seminar or something. $50 a year?

I recommend those motivational speaker seminars 'How to deal with anxiety and conspiracy theories'. Some people in this thread need it. I'd pay $50 to have them get the help they need.

slam1523

Banned
Reaction score

I think you're missing the point... He's the one that offered to attend, he's the one that scheduled these interviews, he's the one typing up, posting, or explaining what was said at these seminars... He didn't make money doing this... You're acting like doners own rights to whatever information hellouser obtains over a five year period. He went, he reported, and realistically doesn't owe anyone anything... Personally I don't know why I have to even state that, it should be common knowledge... I'd love to hear news on histogen too, but to be quite honest I can't say I blame him if all he's going to get out of it are people criticizing him, and the freaking images... Like Pavi said forget the pics, go read the results of the study...

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score

Also, theres no 'secret' info im withholding from anyone from the Hair Congress in Miami. I shared everything and anything I could. The 'new' news is something recent.

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, theres no 'secret' info im withholding from anyone from the Hair Congress in Miami. I shared everything and anything I could. The 'new' news is something recent.

Can you please just tell us man? We all would appreciate it

distracted

Established Member
Reaction score
I think you're missing the point... He's the one that offered to attend, he's the one that scheduled these interviews, he's the one typing up, posting, or explaining what was said at these seminars... He didn't make money doing this... You're acting like doners own rights to whatever information hellouser obtains over a five year period. He went, he reported, and realistically doesn't owe anyone anything... Personally I don't know why I have to even state that, it should be common knowledge... I'd love to hear news on histogen too, but to be quite honest I can't say I blame him if all he's going to get out of it are people criticizing him, and the freaking images... Like Pavi said forget the pics, go read the results of the study...

There's a reason my last post didn't central around that argument. I know he sacrificed more than anyone else to go to the congress, and I never said that we have rights over the information he obtains. And if "all people do is criticize him"? Hellouser has gotten WAY more posts of gratitude, and people are not criticizing even him personally, they are criticizing the research/researchers - No one asked Hellouser to defend the research. But he dangled this 'secret' in front of our faces and then snapped it back. I'm not saying he OWES us anything but he's never been shy in the past to share information with us.

Anyway, I'm just happy that there is 'good' information. Can we at least be told when we can expect to hear of this news?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can we at least be told when we can expect to hear of this news?

When members stop polluting threads with conspiracy theories and wild claims of combovers, scams, doctored photos, etc. It's insulting to the rest of the forum members. We aren't blind. The results are real.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
attachment.php

LOL

Pray The Bald Away

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When members stop polluting threads with conspiracy theories and wild claims of combovers, scams, doctored photos, etc. It's insulting to the rest of the forum members. We aren't blind. The results are real.
While I share your views on Histogen, you're sounding eerily similar to Spencer Kobren. Everyone has moved to HairLossTalk.com because it's a place without censorship. Members are entitled to voice their opinions on a treatment, no matter how shi**y that opinion may be.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
While I share your views on Histogen, you're sounding eerily similar to Spencer Kobren. Everyone has moved to HairLossTalk.com because it's a place without censorship. Members are entitled to voice their opinions on a treatment, no matter how shi**y that opinion may be.

I'm open to differences of opinion and viewpoints. But calling this a combover is ridiculous:

mb7XJrp.jpg

distracted

Established Member
Reaction score

Not sure how you're going to measure that but looking forward nonetheless.

slam1523

Banned
Reaction score

I think the difference is nobody is stopping them from starting a new thread and going on and on about the pictures there... They instead choose to impose it on people here, and it is getting annoying. I respect their opinion but this thread isnt titled "are histogens images fake?"! I didn't come here to this thread specifically to see who does and doesn't think the images are a comb over... To me the answer is obvious!

Xaser94

Established Member
Reaction score
I dont think the pic is a combover. I actually dont even care if it is. I pretty much have a "combover" now, but its the kind u cant tell unless u pull my hair backwards. Then you'll see the temple recession. My point is to either maintain or grow, since there clearly is regrowth more than I have now would still be worth it. So for the future I wont get too bad. Id prolly have to keep "combing over" after propecia and minoxidil too lol. With that said, I dont think people will stop expressing their opinion if they think its fake, and if that is what is contingent on hellouser sharing this new info, I guess we not getting it lol.

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
As I've mentioned several times who gives a damn about the pictures. If you cannot admit that there was incredible regrowth in that one patient you are BLIND.

Is his hair combed over? Yes! But there's no way his hair would look that good nor would his hair be able to be styled that way if it was as thin as it used to be.

Regardless of those pictures there's no way you can deny regrowth in the statistics and in the attached trichograms.

And on top of all that they showed regrowth one year AFTER the initial injections.

SMH.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 431
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 739
  • Capture3.JPG
    Capture3.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 377

powersam

Reaction score
Hmm, that is impressive, but since human hair growth is supposedly 0.5in / month the subject's hair should only be ~3in at 24 weeks; in the photo it appears longer, unless i'm missing something here?

I do believe the subject is the same and there seems to be quite a bit of regrowth but i find it strange that this is in fact at the 6 month mark.

I thought that at first glance also, but looking closer it is just that short hairs have grown up around the existing longer hair. Plus 3 inches is longer hair than you'd think.