Histogen Oct Update: With pictures, growth stats and all that fancy nonsense

Sparky4444

Reaction score
personally, I think if you can go hair transplant for good coverage in front, wait for something new to take care of the crown/vertex...that's what I think I might do -- go all-in for hair transplant frontal, and just ride it out for the rest

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
very impressive figures, but gotta go with the pessimists in that the pictures don't exactly blow my mind. i really, really hope that this is legit. but i'm going to wait for another round of results and pics before i get too excited on this one.

also, on a totally unrelated note, i wonder how boondock is doing.

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
The next phase is suppose to start Feb 2013 I hear. Though its confusing, I think most people say its Phase II, missing with dosage. Realistically 2015 in Asia markets.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
well looks like its time to start saving up to go to asia then! lol

btw does anyone know if i go to asia can i bring my propecia and minoxidil? no rules on that?

my mom is from asia and i cud just visit her family in 2015 *yes*

LawOfThelema

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The female alopecia picture of the filled in temple is impressive; The male Androgenetic Alopecia picture, not so impressive. The thickness density (mm/cm^2) in their original paper of the single injection was about +17% (+/-)8%. I reason thickness density is the closest measure of cosmetic result. Curious to see how the thickness density improved on this trial. Increase in terminal hair can be deceptive if they call all non-vellus hair "terminal" even the intermediary ones which are still very close to being vellus.

Sparky4444

Reaction score
well looks like its time to start saving up to go to asia then! lol

btw does anyone know if i go to asia can i bring my propecia and minoxidil? no rules on that?

my mom is from asia and i cud just visit her family in 2015 *yes*

OK...what is going on in Asia?? Pardon me for being tardy to the party ;-)

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
OK...what is going on in Asia?? Pardon me for being tardy to the party ;-)
The next phase is suppose to start Feb 2013 I hear. Though its confusing, I think most people say its Phase II, missing with dosage. Realistically 2015 in Asia markets.

Sparky4444

Reaction score

Is it a Histogen-like treatment they're working on in Asia??

what

Established Member
Reaction score
personally, I think if you can go hair transplant for good coverage in front, wait for something new to take care of the crown/vertex...that's what I think I might do -- go all-in for hair transplant frontal, and just ride it out for the rest

This is exactly what i'm hoping to do. But, i can't go forward with my plan until i get confirmation that something is going to actually make it to market that can grow a substantial amount of terminal hairs. I'm losing faith that this is going to happen. Follica appears to have dropped out; Replicel looks completely unpromising; histogen results don't look cosmetically too great at this point and they seem to be in the 5+ year to market category; Aderans is starting up Phase III, but we still have no clue what they can do efficacy wise; Acell/cloning turned out to be a bust etc. etc.. WTF? I just need one to come through so i can go and get a dense hairline and not have to worry about being stuck with a fence of a hairline with nothing behind it in case i go NW5+

Sparky4444

Reaction score
WTF? I just need one to come through so i can go and get a dense hairline and not have to worry about being stuck with a fence of a hairline with nothing behind it in case i go NW5+

So you would rather be totally bald than have something AT LEAST along the frontal area and extended as far north as the ear-line??

what

Established Member
Reaction score
So you would rather be totally bald than have something AT LEAST along the frontal area and extended as far north as the ear-line??

Honestly i'm not sure. I look at Joe Biden and i don't think it looks horrible, but, i only see it during tv appearances. And i'm sure he's spent lots of time and had multiple people tending to his hair to make it look normal. But, i see a lot of results from guys high on the Norwood scale who've transplanted 4000+ grafts and i think the bulk of them look terrible and the guy would've been better off with a bald look. There are exceptions, of course. I've seen a number of results from Hasson and Wong that look pretty good.

The killer part of all this is that, i don't even know if i'll go NW5+. I still have a good head of hair NW2/2a right now. But, i hate the receded look on me so, if i get a transplant it would be something straight for the hairline and relatively low. Which opens me up to the threat of going full on bald down the road and looking weird.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
wait ur only norwood 2? how about diffuse thinning?

norwood 2 isnt even hair loss for a lot of guys lol. (speaking of mature hairlines)

what

Established Member
Reaction score
wait ur only norwood 2? how about diffuse thinning?

norwood 2 isnt even hair loss for a lot of guys lol. (speaking of mature hairlines)

Yeah, i would classify myself as a NW2 with aspirations of NW3. i'm experiencing some diffuse thinning in the forelock area. The change in density i've experienced in the past 2 yrs is very alarming. I had a great head of hair (nw1.5 with no diffuse) right up till about 3-4 yrs ago. But now, I honestly think that if none of my interventions work then i'll be a NW3-4 in another year or two. I wish i could say it's a mature hairline, but the fact is, i have a signficant amount of miniaturization going on. My hunch is that i'm destined to be a NW3 maybe 4. Which, if that's true, i'll go ahead and transplant with no worries. But, i fear that i could go full on Nw6 like my dad. I'm pretty sure im going to lose the entire front of my hair within 5 years, don't know about the crown. Crown is thinner than it was, but don't know if it's age related thinning and not balding.

So, that's why i'm uncertain what to do. If i knew my final pattern was a NW3 or 4 i'd be signing up at H&W, Rahal or Feller to get my zones 1 and 2 loaded at high density. But, my father's pattern scares me. At my age he was nw5. But, I Think we might be on same track just travelling different rates of speed