Histogen has failed again - Week 26 HST-001 Study Results

Ralph Wiggum

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess we knew this was coming, but now we know for sure..."Similar to the week 18 primary endpoint results we reported in December of 2020, HST-001 did not achieve statistical significance at week 26 when compared to placebo."

They try to spin it as a win but...yeah, not so much.

5minutesbeforemiracle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I'm confused. Earlier in the same paragraph they say they achieved "statistically significant change from baseline", but then later say they "did not achieve statistical significance". Well, which one is it??

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think different comparators. Maybe the first is in comparison to another non-treated area of the scalp, while the second is clearly compared to placebo. I don't know. It is not professional what they put out there.
I just hope that Samumed does not end up like this. Would be very disppointing.
Histogen can no longer disappoint.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Disappointing but not surprising.

Histogen and Replicel are both B-list competitors in this race. It's been that way for over a decade.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I'm confused. Earlier in the same paragraph they say they achieved "statistically significant change from baseline", but then later say they "did not achieve statistical significance". Well, which one is it??
Yeah I was thinking the same thing.

I don’t think it’s all doom and gloom yet.

clarence-forgotpassword

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
At the week 26 timepoint, patients treated with HST-001 demonstrated statistically significant change from baseline in total hairs (terminal and vellus) in the target area (TAHC) in the vertex as measured by Canfield’s Hairmetrix macrophotography system. HST-001 was also shown to be safe and well tolerated at week 26 as compared to placebo with no reports of serious adverse events. Similar to the week 18 primary endpoint results we reported in December of 2020, HST-001 did not achieve statistical significance at week 26 when compared to placebo.

"HST-001 demonstrated statistically significant change but did not achieve statistifical significance when compared to placebo!"

This company, Histogen, epitomizes the medical company which employs double-language planned to disorient sceptical investors and a CEO (Gail Naughton) trained in dissimulation. No lie is too base, too shameful for her if it keeps the stock price from falling. (She teased in an interview about how many injections it would take to gain "a full head of hair" and, like a base politician, told about a child saw a subject treated with HST-001 and then exclaimed "Hair!"). Lying is just part of her job. Then there's Dr. Craig Ziering who was the "President of Research and Development" of scam company Biologix ( https://www.facebook.com/clinicablo...nt-of-research-and-developmen/631906333539902 ) and claimed the HST injections he took back in 2014-ish helped himself. I'm surprised Gail Naughton and Ziering aren't already ousted from the medical community.

They should get a new job. One which doesn't require spewing lies LOL.

Last edited:

5minutesbeforemiracle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think different comparators. Maybe the first is in comparison to another non-treated area of the scalp, while the second is clearly compared to placebo. I don't know. It is not professional what they put out there.
I just hope that Samumed does not end up like this. Would be very disppointing.
Histogen can no longer disappoint.
You're right. I just re-read it. They mean that their formula worked great... but so did placebo. Maybe they should start doing clinical trials on their placebo too, they might have hit gold with that (haha...).

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're right. I just re-read it. They mean that their formula worked great... but so did placebo. Maybe they should start doing clinical trials on their placebo too, they might have hit gold with that (haha...).
That's why unless something is recurrent or pervasive, it doesn't work to say, "oh, this worked for so and so who posts all of the time about RU, CP, etc. They know what they are taking or they are experimenting with something in the hopes of it working. I know of a couple of guys who tout these and who post somewhat decent improvement pics but that means very little for the rest of us.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Disappointing, but not that surprising. Histogen has always been the best at failing.

Evanc00

My Regimen
Reaction score

They've suspended HST-001 and are reallocating resources. Looks like that's it.

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hahahaha Histogen....
Fictitious compagny, fictitious job.
This compagny will always be a JOKE.

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"While HST 001 has demonstrated a favorable safety and tolerability profile in androgenic alopecia in men, the development resources required to potentially achieve an acceptable efficacy threshold are substantial in terms of cost and time. Therefore, we believe the best business decision at this time, is to redirect these resources towards our high value orthopedic programs."

Such a soft, denying, smooth way to tell about their failure hahaha.

The same could be said about rubbing water on your scalp except I don't need to pay a team of scientists to know it

Einstein

Established Member
Reaction score
Not shocked tbh, pretty strange they're still planning to move forward though.

Funded companies that work off investors’ funds usually pocket way more than what’s on paper. If they’re moving forward they’ll go back to their investors and ask for more. They’ll pocket it. And shut it down.

clarence-forgotpassword

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"While HST 001 has demonstrated a favorable safety and tolerability profile in androgenic alopecia in men, the development resources required to potentially achieve an acceptable efficacy threshold are substantial in terms of cost and time. Therefore, we believe the best business decision at this time, is to redirect these resources towards our high value orthopedic programs."

Such a soft, denying, smooth way to tell about their failure hahaha.

Also known as "fluffing".