Histogen 02-20-2016 (never Seen This Document Before)

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am going to find them and pull off a "John Q" sort of situation with a ski mask and force them to inject me now!! WHO'S WITH ME?!?! (jk FBI)

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Please please PLEASE don't turn this into a debate on this picture - see the attached.

Although if you can't admit there's noticeable regrowth in this picture you need glasses and a mental healthy professional.

The reason I'm posting it is to show that this patient was given 20 injections on two separate occasions. The trial is Mexico is for 50 injections on two different occasions. Hopefully we see even better results.

So I just noticed in @Tomtom21's Histogen thread that Dr. Naughton said there will actually be three (3) rounds of 50 injections for the Mexico trials at baseline, 6 weeks and 12 weeks - that's the latest information we have coming straight from the horses mouth.

See Dr. Naughton's quote below:

"Histogen has found a license partner in Mexico, and initial meetings with the COFEPRIS have been completed to discuss conducting a definitive trial in Mexico for hair loss in men. The proposed trial would be 330 patients across 3 clinical sites, with dosing of 50 0.1cc injections at baseline, 6 weeks and 12 weeks. Primary safety and efficacy will be collected at week 24."

kawnshawn

Established Member
Reaction score
So I just noticed in @Tomtom21's Histogen thread that Dr. Naughton said there will actually be three (3) rounds of 50 injections for the Mexico trials at baseline, 6 weeks and 12 weeks - that's the latest information we have coming straight from the horses mouth.

See Dr. Naughton's quote below:

"Histogen has found a license partner in Mexico, and initial meetings with the COFEPRIS have been completed to discuss conducting a definitive trial in Mexico for hair loss in men. The proposed trial would be 330 patients across 3 clinical sites, with dosing of 50 0.1cc injections at baseline, 6 weeks and 12 weeks. Primary safety and efficacy will be collected at week 24."

The cost of the flights alone will probably cost as much as the treatment for some people haha

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
330 patients -- that's nice, it's a great sample size.

Whatever results they measure will be convincing. We'll know the mean result as well as the distribution of performance, how many people respond well and how many people don't respond well.

24 weeks is also a good baseline. It's a reasonable amount of time both to measure the response of hair.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
The cost of the flights alone will probably cost as much as the treatment for some people haha

What makes you think the treatment will cost so little? I thought the expectation was 10 grand?

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
What makes you think the treatment will cost so little? I thought the expectation was 10 grand?

Almost positive Dr. Naughton said it was going to be around $2k in @hellouser's interview at the '15 Hair Congress. (ultimately dictated by the clinic with the licensing agreement). I know she said it would be substantially cheaper than a hair transplant.

I don't know if $2k would be for one round of injections or multiple. Time will tell.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder how people will espond to this treatment across ethnicitits.

I think it will be the same. They are injecting the basic growth factors that work at a level of physiology that should be the same across all populations. I don't think any Androgenetic Alopecia treatments are specific to race or gender, despite being labeled as such for hormonal reasons.

InBeforeTheCure

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes; DSC cells convert into DP cells and vice versa like a pendulum.

Has anyone checked whether dermal sheath cells are also depleted in balding scalp? DSCs also express AR.

Also, has any study investigated which signal(s) are responsible for DSC migration to the DP? Since this happens mainly in early anagen, that would suggest maybe hedgehog...?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone checked whether dermal sheath cells are also depleted in balding scalp? DSCs also express AR.

Also, has any study investigated which signal(s) are responsible for DSC migration to the DP? Since this happens mainly in early anagen, that would suggest maybe hedgehog...?

A better question for Dr. Naughton, I can't answer that. @Swoop or @HLT_Desmond84 might have some insight though.

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Definitely excited about this; they need to begin their trials! I wonder how replicel's trials are going. So much to anticipate!

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Adipocyte lineage cells contribute to the skin stem cell niche to drive hair cycling
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3298746/

It suggests adipocyte precursor cells play a role, which makes sense as the organization of adipocytes (fat) is androgen dependent?
(Okay thats quite a shortcut... Broscience Yeah!)

MoreHairpls

My Regimen
Reaction score
Price estimated at $500 - page 20 of PDF

Attachments

• price.PNG
    price.PNG
    314.7 KB · Views: 286

champpy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
$500 sounds to good to be true to be the cost from a physician in the USA. Could they mean that's how much the physician pays to histogen per person based on royalties for using the technology?
I think your right about that. Thats probably the psychicians price for the treatment, not for the patient.
Im also hoping that during these trials they can determine why some ppl dont rspond to treatment. Maybe they can find some connection between nonresponders

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score

This is fantastic. Assuming they charge the same price to doctors in Mexico I would say we are looking at less than $1,000 per treatment. This should be a 30 minute procedure. Has anyone found anything on that? Even if it takes an hour it's not going to be more than 500 dollars markup for this simple procedure.

This is new to me. Under the competition section they say that Allergan has discontinued trials for Bimatoprost.

Last edited:

farkhairloss

Established Member
Reaction score
Almost positive Dr. Naughton said it was going to be around $2k in @hellouser's interview at the '15 Hair Congress. (ultimately dictated by the clinic with the licensing agreement). I know she said it would be substantially cheaper than a hair transplant.

I don't know if $2k would be for one round of injections or multiple. Time will tell.
Yes $2K is what I remember from the interview

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This is very revealing

A bit of a red flag for me is that they are basing their profits on having the treatment twice, so that is $1000 for the pyhsician and four visits.

Why would you need the treatment twice in one year? Makes me think that results one treatment is not enough for a satisfactory outcome. hmm.