Histogen 02-20-2016 (never Seen This Document Before)

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe I missed something glaringly obvious, but it seems the histogen interview was done. I found this tucked away in the "in the pipeline" section. For your easy reference everyone. Thanks admin!

irishlad87

Established Member
Reaction score
Am i missing something here or did she basically say after 2-5 years the hair will fall out again and treatment will be needed again?

baldboys

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe I missed something glaringly obvious, but it seems the histogen interview was done. I found this tucked away in the "in the pipeline" section. For your easy reference everyone. Thanks admin!

i didnt got a lot of it cause i am preeeety high. But it seens this woman is bullshiting with you folks rofl

Hubris

Reaction score
What I gathered from this interview: With this treatment the hair will continue the miniaturisation process. Your options are either to use a DHT blocker to slow down miniaturisation, or get multiple repeat treatment of HSC to maintain your results.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not quite fall out...but susceptible to dht I think.

Yeah, that's exactly what she said. She said as long as the hair is terminal, it will grow to it's full extent for 2-5 years. Afterwards, once the hair sheds, dht will begin to have its way with the hair again, starting the Androgenetic Alopecia process all over (meaning I dont think it will go slick bald, but slowly start miniaturize again).

So if that means you need to get injections every 2-5 years, and it costs $1000 say every 2.5 years, i suppose that cost is on par with taking propecia for example.

My scalp is drooling over these injections big time. Ive never been so eager and excited to get stabbed in the scalp with micro needles a hundred times over!:)

Desmond_84

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone checked whether dermal sheath cells are also depleted in balding scalp? DSCs also express AR.

Also, has any study investigated which signal(s) are responsible for DSC migration to the DP? Since this happens mainly in early anagen, that would suggest maybe hedgehog...?
Hey bro :) DSC cells are eventually lost in the balding scalp, once there is insufficient DP cells to form a hair follicle. This marks the point of no return if you wanna call it, whereby all the progenitor cells (DP, DSC, etc) turn into skin cells and the sweat glands enlarge creating the shiny domes on the bald head.

DSC cells from the back of the scalp are not sensitised in the presence of DHT. Some believe DHT actually stimulate hair growth in the "safe zone" just like the beard hair. So at least in theory, Replicel is on the right track. Whether, these cup cells find their way around the intracellular matrix or not is still unanswered hence the Phase 2 human trial for efficacy.

Mister_you

My Regimen
Reaction score
Technically, even though hsc's hair growth isnt permanent and lasts only one cycle, if you get hsc first then rch-01, the new hairs should be permanent cause in theory, rch-01 is supposer to immunize hair against dht right?

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Technically, even though hsc's hair growth isnt permanent and lasts only one cycle, if you get hsc first then rch-01, the new hairs should be permanent right cause in theory, rch-01 is supposer to immunize hair against dht right?
It's possible but can't say for sure until it actually happens.

henryballs

My Regimen
Reaction score
Regarding HSC's licensing in China...

I'm actually working/living in Shanghai for the next few months. If there's anything you guys think I could find out while here, let me know.

I don't speak Mandarin unfortunately. But if I can help I will.

charlie76761

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all - had a skim through the pages, but couldnt spot any view of when we think treatment will be first available which i believe will be in Mexico.

Trials about to start in Mex, so likely to be in 2018?

Also, any thoughts if they might release in more 'regulatory relaxed' markets before conclusion of trials (not all that dissimilar to Kerastem although this is just moving stems and not introducing foreign solutions into the body as per Hist).

NorwoodGuardian

Established Member
Reaction score

I'm actually working/living in Shanghai for the next few months. If there's anything you guys think I could find out while here, let me know.

NorwoodGuardian

Established Member
Reaction score

I am Hong Konger, hope I can help.
Btw I think Shanghai is a much safer place than Mexico.

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I‘m Chinese (though currently in the US). If you guys find any worthy news release/articles guess I can help translate.

Did Histogen mention the expected date of release in China anyway?
I am Hong Konger, hope I can help.
Btw I think Shanghai is a much safer place than Mexico.
As I remember the partnering company in China is based in Chongqing (which is a lot safer than Mexico too of course, which can be said to basically each big city in China).

henryballs

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's really a question of when... I will be here until October, maybe November. If there's anything happening before then I'm very happy to go find it.