High IGF-1 levels correspond to greater success with finasteride

5minutesbeforemiracle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

So how do we increase IGF-1? Suplementing with selenium and/or coenzyme q10 are some ways:

Supplementing with zinc also helps:

Microneedling increases IGF-1 locally.

Let's discuss.

Last edited:

Moz5x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

So how do we increase IGF-1? Suplementing with selenium and/or coenzyme q10 are some ways:

Supplementing with zinc also helps:

Microneedling increases IGF-1 locally.

Let's discuss.
Thanks for posting this. I guess micro needling is the safest way to upregulate then? I’ve read so many mixed reviews regarding zinc supplementation and hair loss I don’t know what to think anymore.

Doingitright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mk677 is an option but ultimately it is a research chem with various possibly serious sides, but it does what it says on the tin and is easily available.

Ibutamoren (INN) (developmental code names MK-677, MK-0677, L-163,191; former tentative brand name Oratrope) is a potent, long-acting, orally-active, selective, and non-peptide agonist of the ghrelin receptor and a growth hormone secretagogue, mimicking the growth hormone (GH)-stimulating action of the endogenous hormone ghrelin.[3][4][5][6][7] It has been shown to increase the secretion of several hormones including GH and insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1) and produces sustained increases in the plasma levels of these hormones without affecting cortisol levels.[8]

Ibutamoren has been shown to sustain activation of the GH–IGF-1 axis and to increase lean body mass with no change in total fat mass or visceral fat. It is under investigation as a potential treatment for reduced levels of these hormones, such as in children or elderly adults with growth hormone deficiency,[3][9][10][11] and human studies have shown it to increase both muscle mass and bone mineral density,[12][13] making it a promising potential therapy for the treatment of frailty in the elderly.[14][15] As of June 2017, ibutamoren is in the preclinical stage of development for growth hormone deficiency.[3]

5minutesbeforemiracle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Upregulated IGF-1 is correlated with cancer growth. Not a long-term viable solution imo.
This is a good point.
This article here proposes the different mechanisms by which IGF-1 could (theoretically) possibly promote cancer.

Unfortunately, a lot of the info went over my head as it's quite technical. Is anyone able to have a look at this and theorise if increasing IGF-1 in the methods proposed in the OP post are applicable to this article here?

HansMetjen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mk677 is an option but ultimately it is a research chem with various possibly serious sides, but it does what it says on the tin and is easily available.

Ibutamoren (INN) (developmental code names MK-677, MK-0677, L-163,191; former tentative brand name Oratrope) is a potent, long-acting, orally-active, selective, and non-peptide agonist of the ghrelin receptor and a growth hormone secretagogue, mimicking the growth hormone (GH)-stimulating action of the endogenous hormone ghrelin.[3][4][5][6][7] It has been shown to increase the secretion of several hormones including GH and insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1) and produces sustained increases in the plasma levels of these hormones without affecting cortisol levels.[8]

Ibutamoren has been shown to sustain activation of the GH–IGF-1 axis and to increase lean body mass with no change in total fat mass or visceral fat. It is under investigation as a potential treatment for reduced levels of these hormones, such as in children or elderly adults with growth hormone deficiency,[3][9][10][11] and human studies have shown it to increase both muscle mass and bone mineral density,[12][13] making it a promising potential therapy for the treatment of frailty in the elderly.[14][15] As of June 2017, ibutamoren is in the preclinical stage of development for growth hormone deficiency.[3]
What about Ipamorelin?