hey ladies

Reaction score
i just wanted to let you all know that you all are beautiful! dont ever feel anything less. i know how hard it must be to go bald as a woman, hell it sucks for us guys, but i know its 1000x's harder for a woman. so just keep your head up and if any of you hotties are in the NY/NJ area hit me up ;o)

mariejoe

Established Member
Reaction score
kinda,

thanks for the sentiments. we do live in a society where a lot of emphasis is placed on looks :roll: : what can you do. Maybe there is a civilization somewhere where bald is beautiful and Farrah Fawcet is chopped liver... :)

and yeah, thin hair is WAAAY worse than a receding hairline or baldness.

zak84

Established Member
Reaction score
mariejoe said:
kinda,

thanks for the sentiments. we do live in a society where a lot of emphasis is placed on looks :roll: : what can you do. Maybe there is a civilization somewhere where bald is beautiful and Farrah Fawcet is chopped liver... :)

and yeah, thin hair is WAAAY worse than a receding hairline or baldness.

i think double standards for women take place more in the older generations, i think my generation (i am 19) is taking strides in getting rid of the double standard, now girls are just as shallow as guys :)

Reaction score
zak84 said:
i think double standards for women take place more in the older generations, i think my generation (i am 19) is taking strides in getting rid of the double standard, now girls are just as shallow as guys :)

As shallow as women may have become over the years, it is still socially acceptable for a man to bald or thin, rather than a woman....I can imagine how terrible guys feel when they first notice thinnin but imagine how a woman feels? Either way it sucks.

mariejoe

Established Member
Reaction score
Society and the media tell us men with less than a full head of hair, or even bald, are sexy. Desirable. Etc., etc.
Anybody think Sinead O'Connor is a sex symbol?

zak84 said:

I don't think it's people, per se, who are shallow. The media, etal, throw at us what the gold standard is on looks, jobs, possessions. We think that's what we what.... :roll:
Shallow, probably not...sheep, probably.

zak84

Established Member
Reaction score
Too Young for This said:
As shallow as women may have become over the years, it is still socially acceptable for a man to bald or thin, rather than a woman....I can imagine how terrible guys feel when they first notice thinnin but imagine how a woman feels? Either way it sucks.

well, whether society accepts it or not, i think the main difference is the thining individuals perception

women get insecure about the way freckles are aligned on their arm :), and this plethora of insecurity is the main reason i would say thining is harder for a woman than for a man

mariejoe said:
Society and the media tell us men with less than a full head of hair, or even bald, are sexy. Desirable. Etc., etc.

i would like to know where this society is? :)

Rozzy252

Established Member
Reaction score
I was truly naive when it came to hairloss. For the longest time , I thought it was just a guy problem until it started to happen to me. Now I find that I check out girl's hairlines. Just to see if anyone has the same problem as I do. I wonder if we will all live to see the day when there is a pill out that will cure hairloss for men and women. I'll only take that pill though if its magical enough to grow my hair on the head only without turning me into a hairy mammoth. 8O

G

AIGHT MAN WHAT THE f***. I POST THE SAME THING AS DIS NIGGA AND I GET NO LOVE JUST A BUNCH A FUCKIN PEEPS TELLIN ME IM A a**h**. THEN THIS f*** SAYS THE SAME THING I SAY AND EVERYONE PRAISES HIS CRACKA *** FOR BEIN SYMPATHETIC. YALL BE RASCIST NO JOKE.

G

DeD PreZ said:
AIGHT MAN WHAT THE f***. I POST THE SAME THING AS DIS NIGGA AND I GET NO LOVE JUST A BUNCH A FUCKIN PEEPS TELLIN ME IM A a**h**. THEN THIS f*** SAYS THE SAME THING I SAY AND EVERYONE PRAISES HIS CRACKA *** FOR BEIN SYMPATHETIC. YALL BE RASCIST NO JOKE.

Perhaps you could register this complaint in a more productive manner!

G

Hey DeD PreZ, I know you got some class, think brother, don't talk like that in front of the ladies. Pimpin aint easy :)

G

DeD PreZ said:
AINT NOTHIN THEY AINT NEVA HEARD BEFORE.

Not the point my man. In case you haven't noticed, there are people on this site that want you to raise your level of communication and stay here.

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
DeD PreZ said:
No, you didnt. You called them b****s and said you'd probably sleep with them. Do you seriously think thats the same message? If so you've got a lot to learn about women and respect.

And yet again you've shown that you're the one who is racist, by assuming that race dictates behavior. We dont see the color of your skin, mate. All we see are the words you type. You're the one who makes the connection.

mariejoe

Established Member
Reaction score
DeD PreZ said:
AINT NOTHIN THEY AINT NEVA HEARD BEFORE.

This kind of language and content really don't belong on the women's general hair loss discussions. It is very tiresome, disrespectful and juvenile. It's one thing to have this on the off topic section. There, it is amusing, at times. But, I really think it's gonna make a lot of the non-posting women, a majority of the women viewing, to go elsewhere. :cry:

DeD, enough is enough. HairLossTalk.com doesn't need a borderline Misogynist. :roll:

G

Mariejoe,

You could probably do a lot of good by bringing our gripe to this thread:

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions/viewtopic.php?t=3496

I'm not really into the code of chivalry but it really wasn't funny when the guy came in here for the purpose of insulting and upsetting the women here.

Poor BruceLee spent the last 48 hours editing the guy's posts and trying to reason with him and BruceLee was finally driven off by him. Now the people in that thread think that Ded Prez is just defending himself against ridicule or some nonsense because BruceLee cleaned up most of his posts.

Those are the two things that bother me about it.

mariejoe

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeddie said:
Now the people in that thread think that Ded Prez is just defending himself against ridicule or some nonsense because BruceLee cleaned up most of his posts.

Apparently, those people didn't read the posts on the women's threads. DeD is definitely from Mars, versus women from Venus. :lol:

mariejoe

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey, Ded, can't stop the avalanche now. Your infamous on HairLossTalk.com, unfortunately. Word is getting around to folks. Kinda like gawkers at a traffic accident.

Reaction score
zak84 said:
Too Young for This said:

well, whether society accepts it or not, i think the main difference is the thining individuals perception

women get insecure about the way freckles are aligned on their arm :), and this plethora of insecurity is the main reason i would say thining is harder for a woman than for a man
[/quote]

Zak: The problem is not just simply an insecurity issue, its a femininity issue - thats like saying a woman with a hairy *** and a beard is just as "sexy" or socially acceptable as a woman who isn't hairy at all. In addition, if you really know any woman that is insecure about the way her freckles are alligned on her arms I suggest you "check" her in so she can seek the medical attention she needs.

Reaction score
mariejoe said:
Hey, Ded, can't stop the avalanche now. Your infamous on HairLossTalk.com, unfortunately. Word is getting around to folks. Kinda like gawkers at a traffic accident.

Mariejoe - I think you speak for us all......thank you - Ded - take a hint we're annoyed - not laughing with you

mariejoe

Established Member
Reaction score
Too Young for This said:
The problem is not just simply an insecurity issue, its a femininity issue...
Amen, Too Young, it's a woman thing, can't explain it.
Like that old book "Men are from Mars, women are from Venus. I never read it, sounded like psycho-babble. But, the title says it all. Men and women see things differently, handle things differently, and on and on. That's the way it is, and why women and men get along. You know, viva la difference?
Like on this forum, the men's is totally different from the women's. There are some men who post on the women's and vice versa. But we each handle hair loss differently. The common denominator seems to be a need for knowledge and to know there are others like us.

Balding men are perceived as sexy! Sean Connery! Bruce Willis! and more.
Name one sexy, balding woman! :roll:

P.S. Thanks, Too Young. I tend to be outspoken. It needed to be said. Even though the best thing to do is what most women did re:DeD...ignore him. :)