Hey Guys, This Is My Story After 1.5 Years Of Finasteride

Boysnightout

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,
So my hairloss began at age 24 with a slowly receding hairline, which I chalked up (or hoped) it was just a mature hairline. I was in the denial phase for years combing forward on the recession. Until one day I noticed I couldn't even hide it anymore which happened around age 27. A friend told me about finasteride, which I always thought was snake oil and that no product actually worked. Once I did my research I was amazed at how and who it worked for. No less than a week later I was on the medication. Attached are two pictures right before medication and two recent pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_1289.PNG
    IMG_1289.PNG
    421.8 KB · Views: 546
  • IMG_1290.PNG
    IMG_1290.PNG
    386.7 KB · Views: 512
  • IMG_1291.PNG
    IMG_1291.PNG
    339.5 KB · Views: 501
  • IMG_1285.PNG
    IMG_1285.PNG
    440 KB · Views: 542

g.i joey

Reaction score
FUCKKK dude, that is some solid regrowth. It gave your hairline perfect shape and everything. Definitely brought you down a norwood, solid norwood 2 now man, congrats! must feel amazing making a come back like that.

Also, how many months in were you when you realized propecia was actually giving you thickening/regrowth?

Boysnightout

My Regimen
Reaction score
FUCKKK dude, that is some solid regrowth. It gave your hairline perfect shape and everything. Definitely brought you down a norwood, solid norwood 2 now man, congrats! must feel amazing making a come back like that.

Also, how many months in were you when you realized propecia was actually giving you thickening/regrowth?

Thanks man, yea it was a great feeling, especially since all of the guys at work used to pick on me for my hairline haha.

I started to really notice it around month 6-8, I won't lie tho in the last two pics it's still a bit of a comb forward on the sides but drastic improvement. The biggest thing I noticed was running my hand through my hair, ever since high school I would get like 8 strands in my hand. Now (knock on wood) i rarely get any.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
damn you are so lucky! So you notice some regrowth at the hairline at month 6 ? You had miniaturized hair previusly on those area ? Did you get a shedding ?

Boysnightout

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea, if you look closely at the first pic, most of that area was very fine hair, I can only assume that's what thickened with the finasteride. Had I not got on medication, thats the hair that was on it's way out I would guess. Any hair that was completely gone tho, hasn't returned as my hairline isn't exactly 100%. I haven't experienced or noticed any shed. As a matter of fact before getting on this forum I only thought shredding occurred with minoxidil.

Boysnightout

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice results. Have you experienced any sides?

Thanks, nice user name btw haha

My gf has told me my sex drive has went down since being on it but personally I don't notice it. The best analogy I've heard is if you're not hungry you're not gonna think about food haha. As far as erections go, I have no issues there.

That being said, the potential sides never scared me as I valued hair more than the potential risks involved.

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair looks great

Did/do you have any itching orvinflammation?

Do you take brand or generic fun and where do u purchase from?

Boysnightout

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair looks great

Did/do you have any itching orvinflammation?

Do you take brand or generic fun and where do u purchase from?

No itching or inflammation, I get generic finasteride from CVS. 1mg tablets prescribed from my dermotologist

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
you didn't get gynecomastia ? damn you are lucky with those result at the hairline ! it helped your crown too ?
and you didn't get itching on the miniaturized are befoire propecia ?

Boysnightout

My Regimen
Reaction score
you didn't get gynecomastia ? damn you are lucky with those result at the hairline ! it helped your crown too ?
and you didn't get itching on the miniaturized are befoire propecia ?

luckily the crown wasn't thinning even before I started treatment, and I've never had any itching before it after treatment.

No gynecomastia either, I know a handful of finasteride users personally too and none of them have suffered gyno.

Boysnightout

My Regimen
Reaction score
for those you know who use propecia it has worked too?

One guy has been on it from an early age, I had no idea he was even on it, that's how good his results have been. I just thought he was a luck guy haha. The other few I know haven't had much regrowth but everyone I know who is on it has had no further loss as far as I know.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
ok great . How lo,g the early age dude have been taking it ? how old are your friends ? thx

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks man, may i ask you what are their norwood level ? and what was their baseline level . Especially for the 21 yo one ( i started propecia at 21 ) .

Boysnightout

My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks man, may i ask you what are their norwood level ? and what was their baseline level . Especially for the 21 yo one ( i started propecia at 21 ) .

The guy who started at 21 must be a Norwood 2, I had no idea he was even suffering male pattern baldness until i told him I took finasteride myself. The other two Friends I know seem to be about a Norwood 2.5 with diffuse on top. One of them thickened up slightly, the other stayed the same but hasn't lost any further hair.

How have your results been?

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
unfortunately i have got no result . it will be 3 years in few month that i am tking it and i am worst than baseline .

Vesemir

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice stuff dude. I'm on finasteride too, 9 months now, and I think it's working but i've had some nasty sheddings. I'm a little below baseline now but this gives me hope.

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Great stuff indeed. Hoping for next update after year :)