Here Is A Heavy Update For All You Guys.

AmericanHairlines90

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I want to update you all on what’s going on with me this way those of you who have read my previous posts are aware of what has been happening. “In the name of science” lol
I’m not going to explain my story here its on my previous thread, but long story short i’ve Been on spironolactone and dutasteride for 4 years now.
My hairline has been slowly receding and hair quality all over is going down the drain the past year. I’m definitely noticing the difference more and more as time goes on.
I’ve been going through a lot of stress since a few months ago due to a career choice so i’m Quite sure it has something to do with it. I already know that my hair is very “sensitive” to stress. As of right now my hair is still growing and nothing near to what it was before I started the medications 4 years ago, but who knows if i’ll Have any hair in the next few months. So here’s my thoughts on the situation:
-my hair is slowly losing the battle and becoming more sensitive to androgens aka its over!
-the medication is losing efficacy in comparison to my bodies possible resistance to it
-the stress is causing another telogen effluvium and could possibly come back at some point when my stress levels aren’t as high. POTENTIALLY. Let’s be realistic. But who knows
In doing a lot more research it is very common even for women to lose their hair, and yes i was aware of this but it didn’t hit me until i watched a ton of YouTube videos with women that have HairLoss and cover it up and show what they are doing to help out their situation. Btw i’m NOT a female. This is just research i was doing to learn more for my own knowledge.
So even with the medications that i take to reduce androgens and the more potent ones that some others take are also capable of losing their hair at some point. Maybe not as bad as they would have without treatment but most likely will. In my general opinion i think hair will thin out on just about everyone as we age. Could be genetics and stress in combination with each other. But i’m Pretty damn sure the less stress you have the higher the potential of you holding onto your hair for a longer time there is. Easy to say right. Some very few lucky ones wont thin or recede but i believe it’s actually quite rare. Most of us are losing our hair but we don’t see it because we cover it up very well with the products that are out there. Which is great in a way.
And to the extreme event that someone cuts their junk off in hopes of keeping their hair i’m Sure many people have just thought about it are still capable of losing their hair. Although there is also the chance of keeping their hair but there is a chance that you can still thin out or lose it. Because women all over are losing their hair as well. It’s not just a mans problem.
Now i’m Not saying that its not worth it to try treatments. I have had great success and if I didn’t do what i have done i most likely would be completely bald by now. And that’s no exaggeration. You all can view my pics in my other posts. I’m just saying that there are so many things against us when it comes to keeping hair that the stress from even wanting to keep our hair can cause HairLoss.
I’m going to continue my treatment but i’m At a point in this journey that after reading so much going through so much and the knowledge i have compared to years ago when i was first started experiencing this sh*t i’m Kind of ok with potentially going bald. And its a very likely potential. As i always say everybody is different and some keep their hair for longer or forever and some treatments don’t even work on some. So trying something if you’re in the beginning of the hair loss stages is your best bet.
By all means do what you can to keep the hair that you have if you’re like me and it means a lot because you don’t know what breakthrough could happen, but i think hair in both men and women is just sensitive and a lot could cause it to fall out. To top this off and put it into perspective There are women out there that were born bald and had to live their whole lives wearing wigs but they get through it. Life is not over. Although i think it would have been better to be bald from day one and not know what it was like to have hair in the first place but they deal with it. There’s more to life (i know some people may comment or have already stated The contrary, but its not true). Some people lost their limbs and then lose their hair but they still go on. That’s extreme, but it hopefully gets the point across. This was from another YouTube video that i have watched so I’m not just saying it. But its up to you to decide if something like HairLoss is going to be the end. Believe me I have certainly been there when I was younger. Don’t need to hear it.
This is a long *** update i apologize for that but i hope that my experience helps answer some questions out there on long term spironolactone and dutasteride use. And along with some possible enlightenment on the world of hair.

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
So you’re still above baseline?

spirotrt

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for this.
I've been on oral spironolactone for some time too (weeks).

I was wondering, did you have gyno problems with spironolactone? Do you take nolva? Also what sides if any did you see from spironolactone? thanks

AmericanHairlines90

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for this.
I've been on oral spironolactone for some time too (weeks).

I was wondering, did you have gyno problems with spironolactone? Do you take nolva? Also what sides if any did you see from spironolactone? thanks

If you want all the details and pics and all my info go on my page and the “I think you might be interested in reading this” post. But to answer you, no, I have no Gyno. My right nipple was more sensitive but no tits were grown. My body hair did go away for a while but it’s been coming back. I don’t take nolva. I’m not sure what that is right now. I started to pee a lot and ate a lot of salty foods. I guess it was my body trying to retain water. That was mostly it though. Btw all of these “sides” have went away.

spirotrt

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you want all the details and pics and all my info go on my page and the “I think you might be interested in reading this” post. But to answer you, no, I have no Gyno. My right nipple was more sensitive but no tits were grown. My body hair did go away for a while but it’s been coming back. I don’t take nolva. I’m not sure what that is right now. I started to pee a lot and ate a lot of salty foods. I guess it was my body trying to retain water. That was mostly it though. Btw all of these “sides” have went away.

Nolva = nolvadex, stops breast growth but doesn't reduce serum estrogen (it targets the receptors in the chest).

I thank you so much for this. I really dont like the attitude of forums who are anti - spironolactone. I think it's a pretty safe drug as I am yet to get any side effects and my blood tests have remained the same.

I also think its very effective for hair loss despite what people say. People have grown their whole hair back with spironolactone and i dont shed any more hairs on it.

AmericanHairlines90

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nolva = nolvadex, stops breast growth but doesn't reduce serum estrogen (it targets the receptors in the chest).

I thank you so much for this. I really dont like the attitude of forums who are anti - spironolactone. I think it's a pretty safe drug as I am yet to get any side effects and my blood tests have remained the same.

I also think its very effective for hair loss despite what people say. People have grown their whole hair back with spironolactone and i dont shed any more hairs on it.

Thank you. I never had an issue with Gyno so I never even had to research anything to prevent it.
You’re welcome. I’m glad I can help you out a bit.
It is controversial to be taking spironolactone but you are the one that ultimately makes the choice of trying it or not.
I’ve regrown all my hair back for 4 years with it so it does work. At least for me it did. But I am for sure losing my hair yet again. I have a VERY aggressive form of hairloss. It could be due to the stress I’m under but we shall see. I’m probably going to have to start shaving my head again soon. Some people say their hairloss is aggressive but it’s nothing compared to mine. I have literally lost all my hair in a matter of days previously. Could be telogen effluvium which is likely but I’ve recovered a few times with propecia and spironolactone so it makes me believe there’s more to it than just a bad case of telogen effluvium. I have gotten blood word done and I don’t have anything wrong going on in my body as far as what blood work can tell.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
If spironolactone is losing its effectiveness why not try something stronger? spironolactone is a fairly weak AA in the grand scheme of things..

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I want to update you all on what’s going on with me this way those of you who have read my previous posts are aware of what has been happening. “In the name of science” lol
I’m not going to explain my story here its on my previous thread, but long story short i’ve Been on spironolactone and dutasteride for 4 years now.
My hairline has been slowly receding and hair quality all over is going down the drain the past year. I’m definitely noticing the difference more and more as time goes on.
I’ve been going through a lot of stress since a few months ago due to a career choice so i’m Quite sure it has something to do with it. I already know that my hair is very “sensitive” to stress. As of right now my hair is still growing and nothing near to what it was before I started the medications 4 years ago, but who knows if i’ll Have any hair in the next few months. So here’s my thoughts on the situation:
-my hair is slowly losing the battle and becoming more sensitive to androgens aka its over!
-the medication is losing efficacy in comparison to my bodies possible resistance to it
-the stress is causing another telogen effluvium and could possibly come back at some point when my stress levels aren’t as high. POTENTIALLY. Let’s be realistic. But who knows
In doing a lot more research it is very common even for women to lose their hair, and yes i was aware of this but it didn’t hit me until i watched a ton of YouTube videos with women that have HairLoss and cover it up and show what they are doing to help out their situation. Btw i’m NOT a female. This is just research i was doing to learn more for my own knowledge.
So even with the medications that i take to reduce androgens and the more potent ones that some others take are also capable of losing their hair at some point. Maybe not as bad as they would have without treatment but most likely will. In my general opinion i think hair will thin out on just about everyone as we age. Could be genetics and stress in combination with each other. But i’m Pretty damn sure the less stress you have the higher the potential of you holding onto your hair for a longer time there is. Easy to say right. Some very few lucky ones wont thin or recede but i believe it’s actually quite rare. Most of us are losing our hair but we don’t see it because we cover it up very well with the products that are out there. Which is great in a way.
And to the extreme event that someone cuts their junk off in hopes of keeping their hair i’m Sure many people have just thought about it are still capable of losing their hair. Although there is also the chance of keeping their hair but there is a chance that you can still thin out or lose it. Because women all over are losing their hair as well. It’s not just a mans problem.
Now i’m Not saying that its not worth it to try treatments. I have had great success and if I didn’t do what i have done i most likely would be completely bald by now. And that’s no exaggeration. You all can view my pics in my other posts. I’m just saying that there are so many things against us when it comes to keeping hair that the stress from even wanting to keep our hair can cause HairLoss.
I’m going to continue my treatment but i’m At a point in this journey that after reading so much going through so much and the knowledge i have compared to years ago when i was first started experiencing this sh*t i’m Kind of ok with potentially going bald. And its a very likely potential. As i always say everybody is different and some keep their hair for longer or forever and some treatments don’t even work on some. So trying something if you’re in the beginning of the hair loss stages is your best bet.
By all means do what you can to keep the hair that you have if you’re like me and it means a lot because you don’t know what breakthrough could happen, but i think hair in both men and women is just sensitive and a lot could cause it to fall out. To top this off and put it into perspective There are women out there that were born bald and had to live their whole lives wearing wigs but they get through it. Life is not over. Although i think it would have been better to be bald from day one and not know what it was like to have hair in the first place but they deal with it. There’s more to life (i know some people may comment or have already stated The contrary, but its not true). Some people lost their limbs and then lose their hair but they still go on. That’s extreme, but it hopefully gets the point across. This was from another YouTube video that i have watched so I’m not just saying it. But its up to you to decide if something like HairLoss is going to be the end. Believe me I have certainly been there when I was younger. Don’t need to hear it.
This is a long *** update i apologize for that but i hope that my experience helps answer some questions out there on long term spironolactone and dutasteride use. And along with some possible enlightenment on the world of hair.
Hi,
I’m glad your trying... I’m always trying stuff..
Oral minoxidil, minoxidil Sulfate, spirolactone, WNT spray, dermarolling, PRP injections, hair vitamins.
Most of the attacks on hair loss center on DHT, anti androgen...
Recently I read & watched a novel approach by
Hey guys,
Hi,
Glad your trying...
I’ve used oral minoxidil, minoxidil sulphate, spirolactone, WNT spray, herbs & hair vitamins, PRP injections...
Dht/anti-androgen approach. It did make a difference.. Hair started growing thicker healthier in all sectors... even sides...
Lately I watched video & ordered some products by Chris Walker NutraTruth who has a novel approach to hair loss based on scientific studies he reads & quotes...
He doesn’t focus on DHT.
He focuses on cortisol/stress, the thyroid, prolactin levels, etc... I just started his regimen this week..
So my hair is thickening, but not enough so I keep my mind open to new advice, products, testimonials.