Here Are The Required Steps For All Balding Men

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn, I knew I missed something; that should have been step 1. We will call it step 0.

0.) You can barely get girls at all. Convince self hairline is to blame.
1.) Jump on everything. Don’t bother researching or reading the goddamn insert.
2.) Realize your dick doesn’t work right.
3.) Panic. Stop Meds.
4.) Jump back on thinking this time will be different
5.) Realize your dick doesn’t work right.
6.) Panic. Stop Meds.
6,) Repeat steps 4 - 6
7.) Realize your not balding anymore, you’re bald
8.) Acceptance/Nornalization. Realize hair loss wasn’t the source of romantic woes.
9.) Wonder why you spent so much time obsessing over your hair.

you're not wrong, but for some 0 is wrong and 9.) You're now very unattractive. can barely get girls if at all. enjoy your life as a celibate.
really happens

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn, I knew I missed something; that should have been step 1. We will call it step 0.

0.) You can barely get girls at all. Convince self hairline is to blame.
1.) Jump on everything. Don’t bother researching or reading the goddamn insert.
2.) Realize your dick doesn’t work right.
3.) Panic. Stop Meds.
4.) Jump back on thinking this time will be different
5.) Realize your dick doesn’t work right.
6.) Panic. Stop Meds.
6,) Repeat steps 4 - 6
7.) Realize your not balding anymore, you’re bald
8.) Acceptance/Nornalization. Realize hair loss wasn’t the source of romantic woes.
9.) Wonder why you spent so much time obsessing over your hair.

But maybe its NOT true for everybody?? maybe its only true for you but not for large portion of other bald ?? And maybe you just projecting your experiences and behavior on everybody?? Maybe YOU couldnt never get any girl so hairloss hasnt change much for YOU?

Silber

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think there is an important step two, which can decide if you choose to go down one of these alternative paths.

1. Start balding.
2. Convince yourself that balding is caused by genes.
3. Be afraid of medications that can mess up your hormones.
4. Become bald.

1. Start balding.
2. Realize that balding is caused by lifestyle and hormonal imbalance.
3. Take medicines aiming to correct the hormonal imbalance.
4. In most cases, maintain your remaining hair.

INT

Reaction score
I think there is an important step two, which can decide if you choose to go down one of these alternative paths.

1. Start balding.

Source?

Fkdup

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
  • In the beginning: "what the f***? I am almost bald, God, I am so depressed". Family, friends and everybody else "Oh shut the f*** up, you are not losing hair at all, you have such great hair ". "Hey no, I swear, my hairline has rec.." "I said shut the f*** up you bloody drama queen"
7,8 years down the line:
  • "hohoho what the hell bro, you have gone almost bald". "No,no,no, no man its not like that ,I just combed my hair the wrong way today". "hehehe yeah right"

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

1. Start balding.

YIKES

Who Farted

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But maybe its NOT true for everybody?? maybe its only true for you but not for large portion of other bald ?? And maybe you just projecting your experiences and behavior on everybody?? Maybe YOU couldnt never get any girl so hairloss hasnt change much for YOU?

Honestly man, I was trying to give this place a bit of levity, but also share a sad cycle we have seen play out here over and over again. Of course, it doesn’t apply to everyone. It may not be a pleasant truth, but it’s one that plays out with alarming frequency.

Look around this board and you will see countless people bemoaning the fact that hair loss is the sole cause of their romantic woes. They are so fixated on it that they can’t see past it to find or correct any other likely or contributing cause. As a consequence, they invest all their hopes into it believing that hair is the silver bullet to solve the problem and are crushed when they find they are a non-responder, suffer side effects, and/or discover that stabilizing or improving a hairline had no effect on their success pursuing women.

While it’s never been the case for me, I’ve seen this cycle I’ve play out countless times with people I know personally and people in forums like this. People get so caught up in the panic that they don’t take the time to understand what they’re getting themselves into.

I don’t oppose using finasteride or dutasteride, but no one should rush into this or do so unless their eyes are open. When people are able to get these medications via online consultation or bypassing the prescription process altogether, the risk of going in completely uninformed is high.

Last edited:

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly man, I was trying to give this place a bit of levity, but also share a sad cycle we have seen play out here over and over again. Of course, it doesn’t apply to everyone. It may not be a pleasant truth, but it’s one that plays out with alarming frequency.

Look around this board and you will see countless people bemoaning the fact that hair loss is the sole cause of their romantic woes. They are so fixated on it that they can’t see past it to find or correct any other likely or contributing cause. As a consequence, they invest all their hopes into it believing that hair is the silver bullet to solve the problem and are crushed when they find they are a non-responder, suffer side effects, and/or discover that stabilizing or improving a hairline had no effect on their success pursuing women.

While it’s never been the case for me, I’ve seen this cycle I’ve play out countless times with people I know personally and people in forums like this. People get so caught up in the panic that they don’t take the time to understand what they’re getting themselves into.

I don’t oppose using finasteride or dutasteride, but no one should rush into this or do so unless their eyes are open. When people are able to get these medications via online consultation or bypassing the prescription process altogether, the risk of going in completely uninformed is high.
Maybe for some people it is true, I really cant tell if it is big portion or not. I dont know how you can make this judgement through online forum. I dont rush to make assumptions on people I dont know. But I really dont find it hard to believe that hairloss will have such great effect on success with women, because it is pretty simple:
- looks is large factor on the dating market
- confidence as well
- looks takes massive hit when you lose hair
- your confidence is automatically decreased since you look worse now (lets be real, confidence is usually, and suppose to be effected by external factors. Saying stuff like "you should be confident for whoever you are" is just empty statement, because this kind of confidence often points on lack of self awareness, and cannot be acquired)
- decreased looks and confidence => decreased success with women

Those are my thoughts in general, but if I talk about me for a minute - As I stated before here, hairloss bothers me just by itself, it barely about women. I have severe bdd and just cant look myself at the mirror as hairloss keep progressing (slow but steady)
But yes even I can honestly say that in the past I got looks and attention from women anywhere I go (since I tall and mascular with overall good look), but as the time passed, I see it happen less and less, and nothing about me is changing except for hair.

As regard the medication - ye of course anybody should think it through and be responsible for the risk he takes, but it is not the issue.

Who Farted

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe for some people it is true, I really cant tell if it is big portion or not. I dont know how you can make this judgement through online forum. I dont rush to make assumptions on people I dont know. But I really dont find it hard to believe that hairloss will have such great effect on success with women, because it is pretty simple:
- looks is large factor on the dating market
- confidence as well
- looks takes massive hit when you lose hair
- your confidence is automatically decreased since you look worse now (lets be real, confidence is usually, and suppose to be effected by external factors. Saying stuff like "you should be confident for whoever you are" is just empty statement, because this kind of confidence often points on lack of self awareness, and cannot be acquired)
- decreased looks and confidence => decreased success with women

Those are my thoughts in general, but if I talk about me for a minute - As I stated before here, hairloss bothers me just by itself, it barely about women. I have severe bdd and just cant look myself at the mirror as hairloss keep progressing (slow but steady)
But yes even I can honestly say that in the past I got looks and attention from women anywhere I go (since I tall and mascular with overall good look), but as the time passed, I see it happen less and less, and nothing about me is changing except for hair.

As regard the medication - ye of course anybody should think it through and be responsible for the risk he takes, but it is not the issue.

I mean I’m not going to deny that losing your hair makes you unattractive compared to when you had it, science has shown that to be the case. Even if it’s only in the unconscious level, people with hair loss are seen as less attractive than their counterparts.

It’s not just this forum, but all similar ones. Reddit, in particular is full of it. If you’re having issues attracting women and you assume it must be physical, then hair loss is a convenient straw man. Honestly read around just this section and you will see what I mean. It’s all fixated on how many chicks someone will get because they have slightly better hair, my my girl left me because my hair was falling out, how being bald makes you celibate.

I agree that the “just shave it”, be confident, work out, etc refrain around this board and others is unlikely to make you more confident or as successful with women as you would if you had hair. You can’t fake confidence and if you’re fundamentally unhappy with yourself none of that is going to make a difference. The whole idea behind the gym routine and all that is to try and boost your self-confidence, but it may not do a damn thing if the only thing you see when you look in the mirror is your hairline. The problem for many is that their hair is more important to them than other physical changes; it’s a scale that can’t ever be balanced, let alone offset.

Coping strategies and hairloss are apples and oranges situation and it’s ultimately going to come down to whether or not you can accept what you see enough to move past it. If you can’t then, yes, losing your hair is going to make things worse across the board.

Sometimes I wonder if places like this do more harm than good as they tend to encourage the notion that one day you will magically get your hair back through some fanciful treatment that’s only “a few years away” or some magical regimen that both doctors and centuries of men with this issue somehow missed. Best of intentions aside, it facilitates a collective state of indefinite denial that prevents many from ever moving forward or making their peace with who they are. Instead of being a person with male pattern baldness, they become a person defined by male pattern baldness clinging to an idea that someday somehow there will be a way to cure a genetic condition, while ignoring just how far fetched that notion is. If we could stop or reverse genes from expression we would be able to cure existing hereditary cancers and eliminate them in future generations overnight.

In the end, though it’s one of those things like your height or your age, which cannot be changed and is pointless to bemoan. If you let it control you or are willing to do anything to try and change it, you’re likely to find yourself in a hole so deep, that by the time you emerge huge swaths of your life may have passed you by and, (depending on what meds you take and how lucky you are), you may have made things far worse.

I imagine that, with BDD, these measures would have little, if any effect. I am sorry you have to deal with that condition. I don’t have it and so I suspect I’ll never know what that’s truly like, but just the concept of it is awful.

Last edited:

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean I’m not going to deny that losing your hair makes you unattractive compared to when you had it, science has shown that to be the case. Even if it’s only in the unconscious level, people with hair loss are seen as less attractive than their counterparts.

It’s not just this forum, but all similar ones. Reddit, in particular is full of it. If you’re having issues attracting women and you assume it must be physical, then hair loss is a convenient straw man. Honestly read around just this section and you will see what I mean. It’s all fixated on how many chicks someone will get because they have slightly better hair, my my girl left me because my hair was falling out, how being bald makes you celibate.

I agree that the “just shave it”, be confident, work out, etc refrain around this board and others is unlikely to make you more confident or as successful with women as you would if you had hair. You can’t fake confidence and if you’re fundamentally unhappy with yourself none of that is going to make a difference. The whole idea behind the gym routine and all that is to try and boost your self-confidence, but it may not do a damn thing if the only thing you see when you look in the mirror is your hairline. The problem for many is that their hair is more important to them than other physical changes; it’s a scale that can’t ever be balanced, let alone offset.

Coping strategies and hairloss are apples and oranges situation and it’s ultimately going to come down to whether or not you can accept what you see enough to move past it. If you can’t then, yes, losing your hair is going to make things worse across the board.

Sometimes I wonder if places like this do more harm than good as they tend to encourage the notion that one day you will magically get your hair back through some fanciful treatment that’s only “a few years away” or some magical regimen that both doctors and centuries of men with this issue somehow missed. Best of intentions aside, it facilitates a collective state of indefinite denial that prevents many from ever moving forward or making their peace with who they are. Instead of being a person with male pattern baldness, they become a person defined by male pattern baldness clinging to an idea that someday somehow there will be a way to cure a genetic condition, while ignoring just how far fetched that notion is. If we could stop or reverse genes from expression we would be able to cure existing hereditary cancers and eliminate them in future generations overnight.

In the end, though it’s one of those things like your height or your age, which cannot be changed and is pointless to bemoan. If you let it control you or are willing to do anything to try and change it, you’re likely to find yourself in a hole so deep, that by the time you emerge huge swaths of your life may have passed you by and, (depending on what meds you take and how lucky you are), you may have made things far worse.

I imagine that, with BDD, these measures would have little, if any effect. I am sorry you have to deal with that condition. I don’t have it and so I suspect I’ll never know what that’s truly like, but just the concept of it is awful.

Why are you in a hair loss forum if you don't have hair loss? or are you talking about BDD?
----------------------

in essence what you say here is right, but some of us just can't accept the baldness and will never really be able to move on from it, especially those of us who like the guy above you said that hair loss clearly impacted their success with women, how could you move on from that?

granted **if** you don't have hair loss you can't understand any of this and none of what you say even matters or credible, not sure what you're even doing here, a full head of hair person cannot give tips or lectures to a bald guy.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
In reality the 2 final steps, take a pick, saves time.

MSD Propecia/Proscar

6c8636881-prostate_cancer-1332817325_v2.nbcnews-ux-1024-900.jpg

or

getting-head-shaved-with-razor.jpg