Henry Cavill, still a norwood 2 in 2021 despite being noticeably norwood 2 in 2013.

HeatVision

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think some people here really waited on him to lose more hair for some reason. I've seen vicious comments on his hair loss, especially on here.

I don't think people realize that some people aren't meant to bald completely. I've seen people saying "Oh the norwood reaper is coming for him, his role as Superman is done" and yet here he is still, an uneven norwood 2 in current year.

People tend to forget guys like Will Arnett (NW3) Vince Vaughn (NW2A) James Woods (NW3), and even Chris Pratt (NW2) have basically receded and stopped where they are at. That's just their genetics. And they're not on medication either. We see no marked changes on their hair. That's just their inherent pattern.

Ganked By DHT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I like how you snappily state, with no evidence whatsoever, that none of those 'guys' are on medication.

Flamingflaps

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah these guys are most likely on propecia. The majority respond well to the drug - perhaps maintaining for decades. I feel as though this forum forgets how well finasteride can maintain hair.

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
And they're not on medication either.
Lol, do you honestly think actors with hair loss don't use treatment? They have an image they must maintain.

Although I do agree that people are exaggerating the speed and rapidness of male pattern baldness, many people take decades to reach full bald, if they even do reach it in their lifetime.

HeatVision

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just that think that if they cared enough to get on medication, you'd see a marked difference in the way that their hair is better. Do y'all really think James Woods, would take that bad NW3 and use medication without actually being a little more hair greedy and not commiting to a transplant? Those who even balded less like Simon Pegg definitely did something. We notice changes. General density change, hell, if they had transplants along with the medication they're supposedly taking, their hairline would change. But no. Will Arnett's thin forelock is still thin. James Wood's McDonalds hairline is still the same at 73. Chris Pratt still looks like he's about to thin into a 2A but he never does.

Finasteride helps thicken miniaturizing follicles, so if they are on meds, why do they still look like they're somewhat thin? Propecia users like Ashton Kutcher and Pete Davidson are still thick and don't have the balding look at all.

It's not that I say that they are definitely not on propecia, but are you really gonna take hair loss medication to maintain and only to maintain if you already have a bad hairline? Think guys like Vince Vaughn, you think he's on propecia to maintain that massive forehead hairline of his? If he cared enough to not lose more, pretty sure he'd care enough to push that hairline below about an inch.

HeatVision

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If Cavill came here and asked about his Norwood when he was 30, most of psychos here would say that he is NW3 diffused and has to settle as fast as he can or else hes doomed
Lol. They do the same sh*t with Harry Styles even though the guy always had a terrible hairline since he was a teenager.
Lol, do you honestly think actors with hair loss don't use treatment? They have an image they must maintain.

Although I do agree that people are exaggerating the speed and rapidness of male pattern baldness, many people take decades to reach full bald, if they even do reach it in their lifetime.
Or, you know, they're genetically inclined to stay there instead of going NW5-7. Balding is a spectrum and never just all dudes heading to horseshoe territory. People act like balding always heads to Danny DeVito territory.

HeatVision

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I like how you snappily state, with no evidence whatsoever, that none of those 'guys' are on medication.
Not evidence, but moreso an educated assumption. Finasteride thickens a thinning look. Most of the guys I mentioned have a thin-ish forelock and that really hasn't receded (or thickened, from supposed medication). So you're telling me that finasteride did nothing but maintain a thinning look? We know Finasteride does more than that even if it's not a guaranteed thing to regrow hair.

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
Or, you know, they're genetically inclined to stay there instead of going NW5-7. Balding is a spectrum and never just all dudes heading to horseshoe territory. People act like balding always heads to Danny DeVito territory.
Yeah that's what I said in the latter part, but there is a high chance they are on treatment just in case.

Will Be an Egg in 5 years

My Regimen
Reaction score
This guy has been a NW3 for 20 years

27ef9eaedec1cffe611fd46cff9cd56c.jpg

15715151785dab6b2a98476_1571515178_3x2_md.jpg

Ganked By DHT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not evidence, but moreso an educated assumption. Finasteride thickens a thinning look. Most of the guys I mentioned have a thin-ish forelock and that really hasn't receded (or thickened, from supposed medication). So you're telling me that finasteride did nothing but maintain a thinning look? We know Finasteride does more than that even if it's not a guaranteed thing to regrow hair.
So you have closely studied regular date stamped pictures on the internet of 4 hollywood actor hairlines for years with your expert eye and concluded that since their hair loss 'basically' stopped that must mean they DIDNT take finasteride. Genius.

HeatVision

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So you have closely studied regular date stamped pictures on the internet of 4 hollywood actor hairlines for years with your expert eye and concluded that since their hair loss 'basically' stopped that must mean they DIDNT take finasteride. Genius.
And since their loss did stop you assume they did? It's just as silly. Finasteride isn't the end all be all for people with hair loss. Some people just live to have vegeta hairlines for the rest of their lives. If actors really did have an image to keep looking good, they'd do more than just maintain their current hairline. Ashton Kutcher is an excellent example. He went on propecia and had a transplant. That's a guy who cares about his hair.

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If actors really did have an image to keep looking good, they'd do more than just maintain their current hairline.
Yeah they wear makeup, wear wigs, use botox, and/or take supraphysiological amounts of anabolics depending on a given role, I'll say it again but this is one of the poorest takes I've seen on this forum and thats saying something..

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think some people here really waited on him to lose more hair for some reason. I've seen vicious comments on his hair loss, especially on here.

I don't think people realize that some people aren't meant to bald completely. I've seen people saying "Oh the norwood reaper is coming for him, his role as Superman is done" and yet here he is still, an uneven norwood 2 in current year.

People tend to forget guys like Will Arnett (NW3) Vince Vaughn (NW2A) James Woods (NW3), and even Chris Pratt (NW2) have basically receded and stopped where they are at. That's just their genetics. And they're not on medication either. We see no marked changes on their hair. That's just their inherent pattern.
Pretty sure Vince Vaugh just had a solid hair transplant. Thicker more complete but similar recession. A big give away with these actors is that they will take a role that requires a shaved head, get a hair transplant, lay low and come back like the shaved head just grew back. Of course they can also work with wigs etc. during a recovery and can easily not work for a 9 months or longer.

the one I’m most curious out is John Cena. He was diffuse, receding with a crown spot and now has some of the best hair in Hollywood.

HeatVision

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pretty sure Vince Vaugh just had a solid hair transplant. Thicker more complete but similar recession. A big give away with these actors is that they will take a role that requires a shaved head, get a hair transplant, lay low and come back like the shaved head just grew back. Of course they can also work with wigs etc. during a recovery and can easily not work for a 9 months or longer.

the one I’m most curious out is John Cena. He was diffuse, receding with a crown spot and now has some of the best hair in Hollywood.
Both wrong lol. He's had that hairline since he was with Jon Favreau in that one movie. And that was a long *** time ago. Jon has since then receded and he hasn't.

And no Cena still has that bald spot. It's just never grown bigger. Some people just have that. This really happens to a lot of older dudes tbh. I see a lot of NW0/1 dudes with a sizeable spot in the crown.