Help With Glue In Front! Please!! Thanks You All!!

F.Coronilla

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello

Please 4 question

I- am losing mostly hair in the frontal, could it be ultrs hold fault? maibe becouse it hard yo get it off?

2- it's true ghostbond xl could turn white?

3- Also which glue for the frontal you recommend? i like it stong i think acrilic are the best or i am wrong?

4- what about walker 3-mil tape? why is not common?

Thanks a lot

Last edited:

n1zza77

My Regimen
Reaction score
1) Most likely due to you naturally losing hair and the extra stress from glue/tape. it's inevitable, just shortening the time of your hair falling out.
3) I use Scalp Protector as my skin is oily and Davlyn Green glue for the front hairline
4) Just ordered the 3 mil front lace tape. I put on glue every other day for the complete flat look.

Last edited:

Noah

Reaction score
I- am losing mostly hair in the frontal, could it be ultrs hold fault? maibe becouse it hard yo get it off?

It is probably because you are pulling the system off before the adhesive is completely released. You should soak the adhesive totally with 99% isopropyl alcohol, through the lace. Use a bottle with a long narrow spout (like an American mustard bottle) so that you can get lots of alcohol onto the lace/adhesive without getting too much on the hair. Then leave the alcohol to do it's work - maybe 10 minutes. The system should then lift off without any resistance. If it does not lift off without resistance, apply more alcohol and wait longer. Once it is off, let the base of the hairpiece soak in more isopropyl alcohol, to release any remaining glue or tape. You should then be able to remove the glue/tape with your fingernail or the edge of a credit card without putting any strain on the hair.

You could also use knot sealer to strengthen the knots.

All glues can turn white if you allow them to get wet before they are fully cured, either by sweating or by contact with water (e.g. swimming). Always apply the glue in a cool dry place, and don't get it wet, and don't do anything sweaty, for at least 3 hours after applying the system. Then you should be fine.

3- Also which glue for the frontal you recommend? i like it stong i think acrilic are the best or i am wrong?

There are 2 types: the normal hair system glues like Ultrahold, Oil Resistant White Glue, Davlyn, Ghostbond etc. which are acrylic based. These are what I would recommend. They typically hold for around 10 -14 days, and can be released with isopropyl alcohol. You may have to experiment to find the one which works best for you. There are dozens of different brands and formulas. Then there are the cyanoacrylic glues (superglue) which some Hair Clubs use. They typically hold for 4 weeks. They can only be released with acetone. I am not a medic, but with the research I have done I am not comfortable that these glues are healthy for your skin on a repeated basis.

It is pretty common, and it is very good for hairlines. In fact, it is the only tape I have found that gives an acceptable result for a hairline. It is not quite as undetectable as glue, but very nearly. I use it when I need a stronger or longer hold.

Noah

F.Coronilla

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

It is probably because you are pulling the system off before the adhesive is completely released. You should soak the adhesive totally with 99% isopropyl alcohol, through the lace. Use a bottle with a long narrow spout (like an American mustard bottle) so that you can get lots of alcohol onto the lace/adhesive without getting too much on the hair. Then leave the alcohol to do it's work - maybe 10 minutes. The system should then lift off without any resistance. If it does not lift off without resistance, apply more alcohol and wait longer. Once it is off, let the base of the hairpiece soak in more isopropyl alcohol, to release any remaining glue or tape. You should then be able to remove the glue/tape with your fingernail or the edge of a credit card without putting any strain on the hair.

You could also use knot sealer to strengthen the knots.

All glues can turn white if you allow them to get wet before they are fully cured, either by sweating or by contact with water (e.g. swimming). Always apply the glue in a cool dry place, and don't get it wet, and don't do anything sweaty, for at least 3 hours after applying the system. Then you should be fine.

There are 2 types: the normal hair system glues like Ultrahold, Oil Resistant White Glue, Davlyn, Ghostbond etc. which are acrylic based. These are what I would recommend. They typically hold for around 10 -14 days, and can be released with isopropyl alcohol. You may have to experiment to find the one which works best for you. There are dozens of different brands and formulas. Then there are the cyanoacrylic glues (superglue) which some Hair Clubs use. They typically hold for 4 weeks. They can only be released with acetone. I am not a medic, but with the research I have done I am not comfortable that these glues are healthy for your skin on a repeated basis.

It is pretty common, and it is very good for hairlines. In fact, it is the only tape I have found that gives an acceptable result for a hairline. It is not quite as undetectable as glue, but very nearly. I use it when I need a stronger or longer hold.

Noah

How you do to soak the lace with alcohol and avoid hitting the hair?

Noah

Reaction score
I put the alcohol in a shallow dish which is just slightly bigger than my hairpiece - just about half a centimetre deep. Then I push the base of the hairpiece into the alcohol. The longer hair rests against the sides of the dish.